Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Why do my photos appear upside down in the Classifieds?
  • Daffy

It doesn’t seem to matter what orientation I take them in, how I rotate them prior to upload or what orientation they’re currently in they will ALWAYS end up upside down/back to front?

Why? I’ve asked tech support, but nothing back so far.

Help – I wanna sell some sh*t!

mashr

Posting from Australia?

Cougar

Have you tried posting upside-down pictures? (-:

One of my colleagues has passed your message onto tech, but it’s probably something to do with your phone camera. Mine randomly rotates things 90′ for fun.

CraigW
    Free Member

Wrong EXIF orientation tags.
    What camera are you using, and what browser are you using etc?
    Some browsers will use the EXIF tags for displaying photos, some don’t. So it might look right for you, but upside down for others.
    If you use IrfanView, you can tell it to strip/reset the orientation tags.

Daffy

iPhone X and Chrome.

DezB
    Free Member

I typed this about 2 hours ago and lost internet in the middle of it. Such a good suggestion I thought I’d give it another go…
    Post the upside-down pics, and include a link to the right-way-up ones in your description 😊

john_l
    Free Member

Yeah, the orientation button never works for me, just get error messages. All my pics end up sideways.

Bit odd, but I guess you just stand on your head or something.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ooooh i know.

Windows knows what angle the photo was taken at. Are they qll upright in the folder?

Well thats an additional bit on info in the metadata windows reads it and corrects it for viewing if you right click on the headings in detail view and add rotation to the list your folder will tell you how much stuff has been rotated.

If you rotate it in the folder its just changing the meta data not the actual basic picture. To fix it you need to open it in paint and hit save.

Its a pain but its very much not just stw

Daffy

joshvegas

Ooooh i know.

@joshvegas
    – Indeed you do, Sir! Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.