Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Why do I suddenly want a 29er …
  • prezet
    Free Member

I’ve been riding 27.5 full bounce for a while now … currently on a carbon Transition Patrol. It’s a immensely fun bike that is very capable. I also have a older Specialized Carve 29 hardtail I picked up a couple of years ago with the intention of using it on family holiday with the kids.

A friend of mine recently bought a Hightower, and I have to admit it looks like the perfect all rounder for a lot of the stuff I/we ride – Living in Norfolk means we have to drive pretty somewhere to go ride so end up at Thetford, Chicksands, Surrey Hills, Cannock, Afan, BPW etc. So I’m guessing it’ll be as efficient to ride as my hardtail, yet being able to have fun on like my Transition?

So I can’t help thinking it’s time to ditch the Patrol upgrade to the bigger wheels? Am I right in thinking it’d make a good all round bike for those kinds of locations?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So I’m guessing it’ll be as efficient to ride as my hardtail, yet being able to have fun on like my Transition?

Do you write marketing copy 😉

Probably will make a good all round bike, it was getting a lot of enduro use even before the LT came out (or the mods) but it will still take a bit more effort than a HT

As with all of these wheels are one thing, what they do with them is more important

joebristol

Have you suddenly got the urge to be a clown perhaps? 😜

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Similar situation to you. Sold my 27.5 & got myself a Hightower LT. It’s blumin ace!!  Was never impressed with older generation 29 full bouncers but whatever SC have done (and other brands new 29ers to be fair) is to make them great all rounders.

freddiest

It will probably be a very capable all rounder with a bit more speed and a bit less fun in a throw it about on jumps way, than your 27.5. That’s what I found with 29ers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a bit less fun in a throw it about on jumps way, than your 27.5. That’s what I found with 29ers.

The ones I saw early doors were being flung all over the place without too  much effort 😉

freddiest

Probably wasn’t me riding them then 😜

I dont get get the clown bike joke thing either. I thought clown bikes had really small wheels.

matt_outandabout

Why do I suddenly want a 29er …

Marketing.

nickc

Marketing

Oooh, you old cynic you… 😁

Me too, I think they finally look sorted, the Rallon, the Hightower, they don’t look like gates, and people who’ve dismissed them before (like me) are taking note

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Why do I suddenly want a 29er …’ is closed to new replies.