Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Why did I do it?
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Driving past Tesco Express this afternoon, I decided to pop in. Picked up a share bag of peanut M&M’s, a bag of chilli peanuts, a tub of Ben and Jerrys core caramel ice cream because they were all on offer.

Got home and eaten the lot in one sitting. Immediately feel like utter crap. I can’t take it back, damage is done and irreversible. 😐

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I was thinking I might try and counter it by eating lots of salad and drinking gallons of water for dinner tonight. Solution?

somouk
    Free Member

That is a lot in one sitting, I’m a self confessed chocaholic and love Ben and Jerrys (Especially the kore) but wouldn’t have done all of that in one go.

Maybe say today is your carb loading day ready for a huge ride tomorrow? Then go and burn double the total amount of calories in a nice ride. Or if you’re lucky enough to be in a part of the country where it’s sunny get out tonight?

sandwicheater

I’m the same with crisps, just can’t put them down.

The voice in my head is saying stop, but it’s the same voice that told me to buy them so it obviously hasn’t got a clue!

Does motivate me to push on the climbs on my next ride to burn off the tasty tasty crisps, all covered in salt, mmmm, must buy more crips on way home from work.

shermer75
    Free Member

Donate some money to charity and offer to babysit your neighbour’s kids for free (for an hour). Job done!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wholeheartedly agree with the peanut M&M’s..

The rest, well on your own stomach be it.. 😆

Northwind

Your only mistake is to regret it.

iainc

fingers in throat, wee tickle, puke it up, job done 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

There is going to be dinner tonight after that lot 😯

I am a fat bastard and couldn’t do that, curse my slow metabolism 😆

binners

@iainc 😆

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Thing is I went for a 45 minute run this morning. Took the dog for a two hour walk. Yesterday I went for a 30 mile road cycle and have at least been out on the bike everyday this past fortnight for at least an hour so was feeling really good, full of energy etc.

It’s like I’ve just undone it all for the sake of an hours sugary goodness.

jekkyl

what’s your favourite crisps?
    S&V pringles or McCoys for me.

avdave2

I could sit in front of that lot all day with no problem. I might have a few of the peanuts but the rest you can bin for all I care. In fact I don’t have a problem with any food really, I really like dark chocolate but a bar can last a couple of weeks even when open.

None of this helps you but I can’t turn down the opportunity to feel self satisfied and smug. 🙂

Kryton57

You remind me of me. Do you know, one of the most energy draining, mind sapping, time wasting things you can do is beat yourself up over stuff.

You won’t get obese overnight, its done so move on. Oh and btw, have you ever heard of treat days? Even the most advanced athletes do it, and as well as being mentally restfull it can prevent your metabolism from storing fat.

You may have inadvertantly uber-trained yourself 🙂

sandwicheater

That’s crazy talk Jekkyl, Brannigans are where it’s at.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thing is I went for a 45 minute run this morning. Took the dog for a two hour walk. Yesterday I went for a 30 mile road cycle and have at least been out on the bike everyday this past fortnight for at least an hour so was feeling really good, full of energy etc.

It’s like I’ve just undone it all for the sake of an hours sugary goodness.

I would imagine just the nuts wiped out your gainz.

Edit:

Seabrooks Prawn Cocktail at the mo.

Kryton57

I am though training myself to be avdave. Today I’ve had 2 crumpets with beetroot juice, a homemade chicken salad wrap with low fat wheat crisps, 3 large dates, and I’m about to eat wholemeal pasta pre tomorrows ride.

Mrs K bought 20 mini chocolate donuts yesterday. I’ve not touched one.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

You remind me of me. Do you know, one of the most energy draining, mind sapping, time wasting things you can do is beat yourself up over stuff.

You won’t get obese overnight, its done so move on. Oh and btw, have you ever heard of treat days? Even the most advanced athletes do it, and as well as being mentally restfull it can prevent your metabolism from storing fat.

You may have inadvertantly uber-trained yourself

Thanks everyone else for the contributions to this thread but really this is all I wanted to hear.

khani
    Free Member

These should come with a ”you’ll eat all six bags in one sitting you fat bastard” warning..

Kryton57

fervouredimage – Member

You may have inadvertantly uber-trained yourself
    Thanks everyone else for the contributions to this thread but really this is all I wanted to hear.

That’ll be £5000 please.

binners

The only thing that’d interest me there is the peanuts. Unfortunately there is literally no limit on the amount of the things I could eat in one sitting. Until I passed out I suppose.

Which chilli peanuts were they?

These are truly eye-watering

avdave2

I used to on occasion eat like that, I once ate an entire bag of muesli dry. That was interesting with four pints of lager on top of it! And I could quite easily eat one of those pressed blocks of figs in one go. And then one day I just thought I don’t need to eat this all at once, it’s not going to go anywhere and even if it does so what, I’m still not going to starve. Since then I’ve never really had a problem with that compulsion to eat things just because they are there.

I still love food though, it’s just I’ve got over the caveman worry of what if I don’t get the chance to eat again for a week.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Which chilli peanuts were they?

They were just a bag of KP chilli peanuts. Nice, not super hot but I still needed the entire tub of Ben and Jerrys to cool things down obviously.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’m the same, although my weakness is biscuits. Packet of chocolate hobnobs lasts about 10 minutes. I then hate myself for the next few days for being so weak.

The thing is, that if there’s no food around, I can generally not feel hungry. If there’s something to be eaten, I’m gaggingly, achingly starving. Going shopping post ride is usually a *very* bad idea…

Out of interest – when you were little how many of you had to eat everything on your plate before you were allowed to get down from the table?

mightymule
    Free Member

Have you tried covering your cat in Sudocrem? I read somewhere that it will take your mind off other things…..

Jamie
    Free Member

And I could quite easily eat one of those pressed blocks of figs in one go

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Out of interest – when you were little how many of you had to eat everything on your plate before you were allowed to get down from the table?

Only child with uber liberal parents. No rules or limits. I have taken that approach into adulthood – I want it therefore I shall have it, I am entitled to it because I am me and I am impervious to any ill effects of anything I do.

It’s a bad psychology but true.

Cougar

drinking gallons of water for dinner tonight. Solution?

It probably will be, yes.

Jamie
    Free Member

It probably will be, yes.

LenHankie

You fool – you’re a day early! Remember: Saturday is Treat Day…

mrblobby
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I brought a box of mars ice cream bars the other day thinking I’d have one then save the rest… four bars later and i felt quite sick. Write it off and move on.

Though worth having a quick think about diet. Usually that sort of thing means I’ve not been eating enough proper food for the level of work I’m doing.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Don’t repress and binge, just eat when you want to. Distracted eating (watching TV etc) makes it much harder to keep track of portions and feel satisfied from what you’ve consumed.

At least the nuts will help you shift the load 😉

CountZero

Jalapeño Crisps. Can’t remember the make, they’re in a green packet. I always have a packet when I go for a drink in Bath with a friend of mine. She usually has a couple of pickled eggs with hers… 😯
    There are limits, as far as I’m concerned.

Keva
    Free Member

so how many calories does four pints of cider compare to that lot? because I don’t feel crap in the slightest 😉

bearnecessities

OP, Wafffa theen mint?

pictonroad

Parma ham , two packs, greed AND financial ruin.

At the time it feels soooo good.

Kryton57

Often my failing is Parma Ham. Not helped by the fact I have an Italian Deli on the corner of my road and I can get 5 slices carved off the ham for about £1.70 any time I care to pop in. 8|

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Why did I do it?’ is closed to new replies.