Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Why Cycles Titanium – Now in the UK, for the connoisseur of niche
  • Mark
    ta11pau1

No gearbox option? Not niche enough for me. 😀

scotroutes

“Fat”bike only runs to 4” tyres? Not niche enough for me. 😊

mick_r

No banana mount on the mtb versions – I’m out.

johnnystorm

@scotroutes zooming in it looks like 27.5 x 4.5″ so it’s getting there! Would downsizing to 26″ allow you to squeeze in 4.8″ I wonder?

Edit: looked on Why cycles Web page, it’ll take 26″ x 5″ 🙂

dovebiker

How are they niche? They admit themselves they’re made in China. I’m happy to avoid the middleman and buy direct thanks and save myself a big wedge – the factories I’ve dealt with are happy to offer a lifetime warranty, not that I’ve ever needed one.

dyna-ti

How are they niche?

Niche = New company, asking £5000 for a same old same ti frame.

Remember its hand made..like 90% of all Ti frames.

swanny853

Was interested until I saw that ‘starting around £1200’ was the 50% deposit!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Edit: looked on Why cycles Web page, it’ll take 26″ x 5″

Research before posting your opinion? That’s niche.

bedmaker

Best of luck to them, but I think they are betting on folks imagining they are buying something Moots esque, handcrafted in the Colorado hills and polished with real beard.
    My full custom ChiTi hardcore HT, Adventure bike, and fat bike frames combined cost less than one of those frames.

scotroutes

Research before posting your opinion? That’s niche.

My fault for relying on the STW journalist.

stwhannah

@scotroutes I guess there’s a typo in the press release – it says 27.5×4, the Cyclorise website says 27.5×4.5, 26×5, or 29×3.

Andy

I had a Wayward for a brief period a couple of years ago. Lovely looking with the hydroformed tubes, well thought out details, one of nicest riding bikes I have had. Much more refined than usual Waltly type Chi-Ti. Unfortunately though the geo figures looked fine but didnt work for me in real life. Stack figures dont really reflect the silly short headtube (Large=108, XL=118) and by time had bars at my old man height was way too short. Shame as lovely bike.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Bit ugly aren’t they? Most Ti bikes look a lot nicer than these.

colin9

That hipster banana mount puts me right off.

monkeyboyjc

I just don’t get what the appeal would be for any of these frames, there are several UK designed /China made companies out there that sell a similar range for a several hundred pounds less. You can even buy full custom geo to frames from similar brands for less.

They seem to be charging an additional premium for a logo/brand that not many people are aware of. Having bought, this year, a similar frame for £900 less that was full custom geo I’m just not sure where the value is within the product.

monkeyboyjc

….

nedrapier

Having bought, this year, a similar frame for £900 less that was full custom geo I’m just not sure where the value is within the product.

wibbly wobbly downtube profiling.

Andy

I should add, I paid less than half price for my Wayward (with its wibbly wobbly downtube profiling). Direct from Why Cycles

robertajobb

Made in an undemocratic oppressive ethinically-cleansed country.
    I’m OOT.

danp63

I’m waiting for the bike packing capable dirt jumper

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Why Cycles Titanium – Now in the UK, for the connoisseur of niche’ is closed to new replies.