Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Why can't petrol stations
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Er, no, I didn’t bring religion onto this thread Rusty – why don’t you check ? 🙂

Go on, surprise everyone, break the habit (sorry) of a lifetime and actually answer a question

LOL

Dibbs
    Free Member

Never had a problem using “Pay at the Pump”, what do they expect me to do, pay for the fuel and then drive off without using it? 😉

RustySpanner

ernie_lynch – Member

Er, no, I didn’t bring religion onto this thread Rusty – why don’t you check ?

No you’re right, it was Poddy who made the first pathetic insinuation 🙂 . Apologies.
    You’ve done well to shoehorn further irrelevant and unsubstantiated allegations of anti religious predjudice in though, thoroughly obscuring the OP’s point. Well done 🙂

No chance of an answer?
    Go, on, you might enjoy it.

dogbert
    Free Member

one of these, it’ll blow their mind

Better still, take the helmet off, pump the fuel, then put it on to pay, see how quick they refuse then

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP do you not findit hard to get your wallet in and out of your pocket with your helmet on?.

No.

Especially when it’s in the glove box on the Vespa!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No chance of an answer?
    Go, on, you might enjoy it.

I would hate to prove you wrong Rusty…….apparently I have never in my lifetime answered a question.

Don’t take that as an answer btw 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The helmet thing is more about attitude than anything else.

If there’s a nice polite sign, then yeah, no problem. I’ve actually been thanked by bank staff when they’ve seen me remove my lid as I walk in.

But some people are little hitlers. I’ve been told to remove an open faced lid when trying to post a parcel and the woman was a right snotty cow. So she got some backchat from me about it.

I’ve been told off recently for standing just outside the kiosk at a petrol station talking on my phone. (I walked there. Not in the car….) The woman came rushing out, rudely butted in to my conversation with the “health and safety says so” line so I told her top poke it and leave me alone. I was going to explain it all to her when I’d done, but she disappeared in a huff. If she’d have asked nicely and not interrupted I would have nodded sweetly and thought no more of it.

Working as I do with heavy duty health and safety rules in a rather dangerous line of work I KNOW these people are just bullshitting and it does grate a bit. Next time I’ll ask to see the risk assessment etc I think, then sit picking holes in it.

RustySpanner

Go on. Just a little answer?
    Maybe start with nodding your head and work your way up from there? 😀

Woody
    Free Member

I’ve never been asked to remove my helmet but thats probably because 9 times out of 10 I do it anyway as it’s nice to get a bit of fresh air around my barnet. Gloves naturally come off in order to take off the helmet, as it’s not easy to get the wallet out with them on and it gets rid of some sweat!

Fair weather biker…….moi? 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Go on. Just a little answer?

Well it’s a bit of a mystery to me as to why you should attach so much importance to my opinion on the matter Rusty, or why you have particularly singled me out for that question, but no, I’m determined that you shouldn’t be proved wrong so I won’t answer the question.

Although if you’re really that interested in my opinion on the matter, and you’re clever and cunning, you might find a clue in what I posted yesterday, ie :

“…..if they do cover their faces, then I would be surprised if they were served petrol – it certainly wouldn’t be right.”

Can you see any hints/clues in that ?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

How about getting a sticker of your face on the back of the helmet, pulling a disgruntled face?

If you are being continually harassed by petrol station attendants, it is of course your right to grow a huge **** off beard.

joao3v16
    Free Member

If you’re feeling like being really awkward, you could wear a massive false beard/moustache & dark glasses under your helmet, so you’re just as unrecognisable when you take it off.

loum
    Free Member

Cold sore?

scuzz
    Free Member

This thread is actually about helmet hair / baldness.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Why can't petrol stations’ is closed to new replies.