why can't I sell my 5 spot?

Home Forum Bike Forum why can't I sell my 5 spot?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • why can't I sell my 5 spot?
  • Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

…because you’ve only had it on for a week and less than half of that as frame only? Give it a chance!

nigelnigel

XL does mean a much smaller market. Pictures can help as well.

renton

I’ve put loads of pics up on the advert??

dirtyrider

Saturday 19th October 2013

its the start of winter so many many people pack it in for the winter, plus people with one eye on Christmas

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Maybe you’re not doing enough stealth adverts?

renton

Hey chakaping I have put that this isn’t an advert. Im genuinely after people’s opinions on why it isn’t selling!!

Bike looks good, price seems ok too. Size maybe excludes anyone under 6`
    I had an older 5-spot frame on here for a few weeks and got zero response either.
    Put it on ebay and took an offer after a day. Made less due to fees etc but at least its sold and not just hanging up in the shed.
    I suppose with price its the old saying of its worth what someone will pay.
    Try ebay as a complete bike and make sure its stated as advertised locally its you may be lucky and get someone to buy it cash on collection. Ebay has much larger potential market than here.

renton

Just wondering really why I’m getting no interest in my 5 spot that Im trying to sell ?

I’ve been watching a few on various forums and eBay and have I think priced mine in line with those but I’m just no getting any interest.

I’ve even put just the frame up for sale and priced it over a hundred quod less than a 2011 frame that is for sale on the forum now but nothing?

Would you mind having a look at my ads in my history and tell / advise me why it isn’t selling.

I have a feeling that it’s the size being an xl but I’m not sure.

Mods….. This isn’t a free advert for my for sale ones I am after people’s opinions that’s all.

Thanks

Steve

mildred

Sold mine within 1 hour if being on eBay. The fees are just extortionate though – £75 for a £550 frame.

Premier Icon mactheknife
    Subscriber

Renton, you need to cast your net wider, Gumtree, trailscotland etc.

And unless you are giving up mountain biking for good you are making a mistake. Why are you selling it. There is not much it doesn’t do well?

Premier Icon sprocker
    Subscriber

I have posted on your add

renton

Cheers Sprocker.

Premier Icon rugbydick
    Subscriber

Is it coz it’s a 5 Spot? Those bikes are well Saracen innit…

plus one

Guess its cause the wheels are retro at 26″ 😉

renton

erm… ok ??

Premier Icon tmb467
    Subscriber

I’d looked and if it had been a medium I would have been interested

Not much help for you to sell other than my advice to buy more popular sizes before selling them on

🙂

emac65

The fact it’s an XL would put me off if I was after one.I’m 6’1″, but always think of XL’s as being for people 2-3 inches taller than me,didn’t realise Turner’s came up small tbh…

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

Price seems ok but to sell anything quickly these days it has to be cheap. It hasn’t been for sale long and as above posters have said its in a less popular size

renton

I dont think people realize that a Turner xl equates to a large in most other manufacturers bikes, same as Santa cruz heckler and the likes.

Premier Icon tmb467
    Subscriber

There’s one or two who have been looking for a large frame in the last week or two

I’d been trying to shift a medium Enduro 06

Mebbe try checking the wanted ads as well?

matther01

Then post that in your ad.

Id have been tempted but still too large for me

Premier Icon tmb467
    Subscriber

^^^

What he said – always assume people are stupid and need to be told everything

Premier Icon jaylaz73
    Subscriber

I’m selling a nice large Santa Cruz Blur LT, two year old, vg condition, soon!

renton

Jaylaz…… What’s your point?

5spot

Its not easy,i was selling my 5spot as a bike but got an offer for the frame so stripped it down, then let down at the last minute!Shame as great bikes!

sig123

Ad looks fine to me, just keep on advertising it, it tuck me a while to sell my Flux, dont know what it is with Turners at the moment people dont seem to want them, and thats a shame as great bikes and great back up (GREG)

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ
    Subscriber

Saturday 19th October 2013its the start of winter so many many people pack it in for the winter, plus people with one eye on Christmas

Nope that would be 21st December .
    My guess on your add – probably smaller market for a lage .

eyerideit

. XL does mean a much smaller market.

Oxymoron?

renton

@mac the knife…. since buying itI have used it maybe 3 or 4 times offraod and figured I could sell it and buy something cheaper.

Need to free up some cash for some work on the property I rent out. I know I will probably regret it but needs must Im afraid. 🙁

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘why can't I sell my 5 spot?’ is closed to new replies.