Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • Why can't everyone play nice on here ?
  • pastcaring
    Free Member

i don’t post as much as i used to, to many threads turn into a bitchfest.

there’s a lot of good people on here and only a few cocks! but they seem to post a lot! maybe they crave the attention?
    tj is very opinionated/passionate (i don’t always agree) but never comes across as rude or abusive. (stubborn tho 😀 ) if more people behaved like him we could have some great discussions/arguments without the childish name calling!
    sorry to single you out tj.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It is indeed a nasty bitchy flame of a place

Seriously… you really think this?

It’s all a bit of a laugh isn’t it? Save for a very small minority I would say everyone is sound on here.

There are some topics that you just don’t read if you’re not interested in the argument. The topics generally cycle with clockwork frequency… you read them the first time and then ignore them as you know what’s going to be said. If those that post enjoy them… great. If you don’t enjoy it, start a thread about something you do enjoy talking about.

Who’s for a ‘where does your username come from?’ thread?

wwaswas

G.R.F – you didn’t do yourself any favours as a newcomer with the whole ‘spd’ thread, though?

most people get a bit of gentle ribbing when they’re new on here and as they’ve been around a bit and known then it can get more pointed but it’s very rarely malicious. Most of the worst insults are between people who ride together fairly regularly.

philconsequence
    Free Member

the forum has seemed a bit more hostile recently, i blame binners and jamie.

I can’t say I’ve had a laugh out loud tear jerker from here ever

you sir, obviously missed the thread in which i pulled out this beauty. i let out a tear i found myself so funny.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil – that is hilarious. Truly side splitting bed wettingly hilarious.

ROFLMAO, hahahahahahaaaa

(Is that good enough for you?)

philconsequence
    Free Member

yeti, you’ve got 14 minutes to edit your post so it agrees with me that i’m hilaaaaaaaaarious for posting the above lolcat. i’ll then edit this post so it looks like nufinks up. got it? xx

pastcaring
    Free Member

Why can’t everyone play nice on here ?

The Southern Yeti – Member
    G.R.F – so you’re a travelling downhiller/mtb enthusiast/only just heard about dropper posts/ bigoted troll… as you were.

MentalMickey
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

I recall my first post here which was a call to arms over the frikken high cost of air travel with sports equipment and weight restriction, it got pretty toasted as I recall

The thread where you signed off your first post with:

if not flame away

?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GRF – I am not surprised you find this place unwelcoming. You have been antagonistic and unpleasant right from the beginning of your time on here and don’t contribute anything positive at all – either funny or informative.

aracer Also notable that people are generally quite happy to lay down arms and help out people they were arguing with earlier. Are you really suggesting that people on here aren’t helpful when you ask a question

this ios very true and what helps stop it degenerating into a bear pit.

philconsequence
    Free Member

GRF vs TJ

*might have to crack out the jammie dodgers for this one*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ah – I’m older and wiser now!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

G.R.F – I don’t care, I’ve got friends who are bigots. If you set out to offend and people get offended…. mleh…

Cup of tea Phil?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wwaswas

If you set out to offend and people get offended

which is all very well until you get offended that, not only were they offended by your deliberate attempts to offend them, but they chose to take action to stop it happening again.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

See, in my world… how much of mincer you are… it’s not about the pedals, or the lycra.. it’s about how quickly you can make it to the bottom.

wwaswas

perhaps he is a bit like me after all…

well, I’m not the UK face for several quite large bike brands so we’re not quite the same 😉

shepleg
    Free Member

Pronghorn 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL – hook us up with a Covert then 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Has the blindside been replaced by the TR250 for 2011/2012 or will the Blindside still be available? as the TR won’t take a front mech.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I’d suggest that 90-95% of all forum content (the bitching stuff) is nothing more than the amygdala hijacking the higher brain. I’d also go as far as to say that folk’s ‘virtual personality’ is a mile from their everyday persona. Take me for instance; I’m kind, loving, generous, a sensitive & considerate lover, bright…very bright actually……

….but in the real world?

wwaswas

G.R.F – I’m not spiteful but you linked yourself professionally to what you say in here by includign your work email address in your profile – there’s inevitably going to be some ‘bleed’ of perception from one to the other?

My view of you is that you come on here to wind people up a bit because it’s a way of lettign off steam. Some things that might be ok to say when you’re out with your mates on a ride come across differently on here and, frankly, make you look like a bit of a nob. But, I realise that it’s more about the context of where and what you’ve said than any essential ‘nobness’ that you might have – you’re probably a bit of a laugh and a nice bloke.

But trying to troll on a ‘let’s be nice to each other’ thread is bound to get a reaction, no 🙂

Anyway, must go – I’m off out with my SPD’s tonight.

nickf
    Free Member

How you instantly tell the mettle of the man is how he makes his first impression. And you failed at the first hurdle

Couldn’t agree more.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

To a newcomer it is a nob rich environment.

Especially if you’re a bit of a nob yourself..

In that sense, your arrival on here has ‘enriched’ the place a hundred fold…. 🙂

RHSno2
    Free Member

What i wanna know is: has anyone bummed each of the forum cos its getting very Blue Oyster in here!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Blue Oyster?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

RHSno2 – Member
    What i wanna know is: has anyone bummed each of the forum cos its getting very Blue Oyster in here!

I have a feeling you’re about to get bummed banned.

aracer
    Free Member

The difference was here I’m new and like every forum you ever go on it’s ‘**** off newbie’, just here the **** off was very very inappropriate

You’re still hacked off because you got banned? 😆

however it is more a nasty place than it is a nice one

Can’t speak for the whole place, but this thread was a tad nicer before you got here.

grum
    Free Member

The difference was here I’m new and like every forum you ever go on it’s ‘**** off newbie’, just here the **** off was very very inappropriate

Strange that someone who makes such anti-PC trolling first posts is so sensitive. 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

G.R.F. – Member

The difference was here I’m new and like every forum you ever go on it’s ‘**** off newbie’, just here the **** off was very very inappropriate,

Nope – its not “**** off newbie”, its “**** off unpleasant trolling asshat”

aracer
    Free Member

<applause> for TJ!

You see, GRF, we can be really friendly on here.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Too much testosterone round here..

RustySpanner

I’ve met loads STW’ers in the real world.

They’ve all, without exception, been very pleasant, even the ones I can’t stand online. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ll see your cute panda and raise you an otter

McHamish
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Like the top one McHamish. Please bookmark it and post it and us guilty parties

yunki
    Free Member

How you instantly tell the metal of the man is how he reacts to having the piss taken, and you lot failed at the first hurdle.

that’s all very well in the world of yer happy go lucky jack the lad types..

but for some folk it’s a bum or be bummed world…
    I’ve had to bum five people today just to put dinner on the table.. 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

McHamish
    Free Member

hehe…very good TJ

McHamish
    Free Member

that cat is scaring me.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Why can't everyone play nice on here ?’ is closed to new replies.