Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,323 total)
  • Why are you atheists so angry?
  • aracer
    Free Member

I thought some of you lot might like this:

http://videosift.com/video/Why-Are-You-Atheists-So-Angry-Greta-Christina

Hope it doesn’t break the forum rules on conflict just posting this?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Preaching to the choir there, sweetheart.

stuey
    Free Member

Because baby Jesus may not love us.

aracer
    Free Member

Oi – who are you calling sweetheart? Outside. Now.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

…missing something in their lives?

ratherbeintobago

Atheism – the replacement of a belief in God with an unshakeable belief there is no God 😛

Andy

stuey
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWVRS4aehM[/video]

Charlie’s Choir?

surfer
    Free Member

Fig roll anyone?

chutney13
    Free Member

…missing something in their lives?

that’s what santa claus is for.

GrahamS

INWATS – summary please?

binners

I don’t know. What biscuit would Jesus have?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Can anyone summarise what she said, because i am not spending an hour watching that.

Pyro

Because we’re always being told how we should believe in everyone else’s imaginary friend.

Religion is like a penis: it’s fine for you to have one, it’s fine for you to be proud of it. But please stop waving it around in public and trying to ram it down my throat. 😉

binners

I think what most Atheists say, over the space of an hour or less, can me summarised in the sentence ‘there is no God’

Do I win a prize?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The opening minute was like an awful consultant’s powerpoint pitch crossed with a bad stand up. So a summary would be nice.

D0NK

thanks for that Pyro I’m going to pinch that 🙂

mcboo
    Free Member

ratherbeintobago – Member
    Atheism – the replacement of a belief in God with an unshakeable belief there is no God

Andy

No not unshakeable. Soon as you show me any evidence whatever for the existence of your god I will be happy to join you in church.

“What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.” Christopher Hitchens

monkey_boy
    Free Member

In the words of Michael Scott (American Office)

“If there’s no God, why are there so many churches and who is Jesus’s father?”

jota180
    Free Member

As an agnostic I do tend to find atheists to be a lot more angry and in your face than religious types

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Can anyone summarise what she said, because i am not spending an hour watching that.

Nothing new. Even heard the one about the Catholic church being the reason that so many people in Africa are dying of Aids. Ermm… you know, most African countries aren’t particularly Catholic, and if you plot Percentage of Catholics vs AIDS related deaths, what do you see? That’s right. Nothing, it’s been said 3 times already and it’s still not true.

mcboo
    Free Member

jota180 – Member
    As an agnostic I do tend to find atheists to be a lot more angry and in your face than religious types

I dont think Galileo would agree with you

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No not unshakeable. Soon as you show me any evidence whatever for the existence of your god I will be happy to join you in church.

would you say the same about ESP?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve managed to move from anger to a sort of pitying, derisory contempt… 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

Do I win a prize?

For being completely wrong?

MSP

When atheists start committing acts of terrorism, blowing people up and starting wars, then we will have gone some way too match the anger of religion.

Now who wants to wrestle?

Cougar

I think I’d be more tempted to sit out the 48 minutes and hear what she had to say, if it weren’t for the crowd a-whoopin’ and a-hollerin’ every time she says something they agree with (which, given that she’s a sceptic talking to a bunch of sceptics, is all the time).

Pyro

I get just as annoyed with militant atheists like Dawkins as I do with militant Christians. I don’t know how I’d classify myself, really. I know God exists, but only in other people’s heads.

jota180
    Free Member

I dont think Galileo would agree with you

bring him on, does he have a logon here?

Cougar

would you say the same about ESP?

ESP has a church now? Does it have stained glass windows depicting stars and circles and wavy lines?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cougar – hence the link to the spitting image clip is so amusing and spot on!!

I gave up within 2 mins – does the audience go as far as to chant, “Amen, sister”?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Eddie Izzard isn’t as funny as he used to be.

chutney13
    Free Member

there’s 135 million catholics in africa, if i was in the position to advise, i’d reccomend wearing a condom. statistics can say anything but it’s still a shit load of people.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s actually well worth listening, whichever side of the fence you sit – I just had it on as audio in the background. Maybe you lot have heard it all before, but I hadn’t, and she doesn’t just say the same thing over and over for an hour.

Though I suppose I can’t really expect any comments from those who’ve listened to the whole thing less than an hour after posting!

crikey
    Free Member

I’m angry because I’ve got a really sore neck and can’t sleep.

binners

if i was in the position to advise, i’d reccomend wearing a condom.

I’d recommend not shagging dodgy hookers. When they do, is that the popes fault too?

GrahamS

the crowd a-whoopin’ and a-hollerin’ every time she says something they agree with (which, given that she’s a sceptic talking to a bunch of sceptics, is all the time).

Surely if they were proper sceptics then they’d be suspicious of everything she said?

richc
    Free Member

I think what most Atheists say, over the space of an hour or less, can me summarised in the sentence ‘there is no God’

I think it could be summarised better as ‘if you don’t believe in what I believe, then you are an ignorant narrow minded idiot’

chutney13
    Free Member

yes. if you’re an atheist, everything is the pope’s fault.

mcboo
    Free Member

Pyro – Member
    I get just as annoyed with militant atheists like Dawkins as I do with militant Christians. I don’t know how I’d classify myself, really. I know God exists, but only in other people’s heads.

How is Richard Dawkins “militant”? He has no quarrel with individual religious people. He isnt even 100% atheist himself, is perfectly willing to accept he could be wrong, but based on the evidence, he thinks that isnt all that likely. What could be wrong with coming to that conclusion? It’s the CERTAINTY of the religious that gives me the creeps.

surfer
    Free Member

I’d recommend not shagging dodgy hookers. When they do, is that the popes fault too?

What about when the infected person is your partner? not as convenient as “dodgy hookers” is it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,323 total)

The topic ‘Why are you atheists so angry?’ is closed to new replies.