Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Why are the sheep being weird?
  • thebunk

So, driving over the Welsh hills yesterday, and I'm listening to the Flaming Lips cover Dark Side of the Moon. it's raining and foggy and atmospheric.

Then I notice the sheep – just standing there, mostly facing the same way, though not uniformly so, not lying down or gambolling delightfully. They're being…sinister, or evil or something – hundreds of 'em, as far as the eye can see.

They're still there, in my mind. Can someone explain that yes, they sometimes do that, and that I need not worry – they're not plotting to murder all of the grass thieves (cows), or start to actually jump over fences to make the entire human race fall asleep.

ta,

thebunk

BluePalomino
    Free Member

are they on mass alert for welshmen? 🙂

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

they're not plotting to murder all of the grass thieves (cows)

Dude, I don't think anyone's been stealing your grass!

foggy and atmospheric

You should have wound the windows down…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They are sheep doing what sheep are known for doing – following each other. One sheep stares in no particular direction, the one next to him thinks 'hey now THAT looks fun' and joins in. The next thing they are all staring in the same no particular direction.

Then one of them gets bored and decides to walk to the other side of the field and the sheep next to him thinks 'hey now THAT looks fun'…

Tiger6791

It's tuppin' season so they might

a) all be a bit sore
    b) waiting in line

thebunk

mastiles_fanylion, that explanation soothes me, though I'll now be expecting all of the sheep to be synchronised to the one sheep with initiative.

For the record – there were no hallucinatory substances taken in the making of the OP.

Just say no, kids.

Pook

Which is the ONE sheep though?

Can it fly like Neo in the matrix? How long does it take the domino effect of Neo the Sheep doing something to affect all the sheep in Wales? Is it like a sheep Mexican wave?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

In fact I enjoy watching all the sheep in the field next to my house – they often run to one side of the field for no particular reason or all sit beside the house for no particular reason or congregate in the centre of the field looking at a tree for no particular reason. It is all strangely hypnotic.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

looking at a tree for no particular reason

MrWoppit
    Free Member

looking at a tree for no particular reason

Sometimes, if a sheep meets an obstruction (say, a tree), it simply gives up the will to live as it can't make any more forward progress.

It never occurs to it to go sideways, it just doesn't have that much brainpower.

Or it might forget why it decided to walk and just stand still.

No evil plan – just sheep-being…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

On a related note, the alleged Nazarene supposedly referred to his followers as sheep.

I could comment, but we don't want another thread closed down, eh?

😉 😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The sheep being quite independent…

thebunk

I don't have access to sheep where I am, so it's a relief to see some photographic evidence that they've stopped being weird now. If someone could send a photo of a cow from today, and confirm that it isn't a sheep with some milk bottles, wearing a cows cold dead body, I'd be most grateful.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"It's tuppin' season" – I'm thinking of trying that one on with MrsBarnsley, but I'm not hoping for any real success. Woppit, you really try and shoehorn your views in at any opportunity dont you?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

For what it is worth, that is an archive picture. I cannot be sure what shenanigans the sheep are up to today but I shall try to ask my daughter tonight as she likes to watch them too. Unfortunately she is only 14 months old so I may not be able to get too much in the way of detail, other than pointing lots.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sheep are not actually that stupid. They could have been contemplating the universe's great problems in a high brow philosophical way, for all you know. Or they've been secretly cultivating a strain of grass high in THC.

Tiger6791

I'm thinking of trying that one on with MrsBarnsley,

Well if you do, your gonna have to prepare.

1) get your Camelbak
    2) cover it in red or blue paint
    3) put it on backwards (so its on your front)
    4) go for it animal styley

If this all goes to plan MrsBarnsley will be 'tupp'd and will have a big patch of paint on her to show for it.

Extra points if a news article appears about women in Barnsley mysteriously gaining paint patches on there backs.

Although it does somehow give the game away.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or they could have been eating grass and shitting where they stand.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Woppit, you really try and shoehorn your views in at any opportunity dont you?

Steady…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sheep are actually very light – I was surprised just how light the one time I straddled one in the field pictured above.

EDIT – just found this by Google…

It depends on the breed. Generally they can weigh anywhere from 100 lbs. to 200 lbs. for an adult sheep. Lambs weigh less.

Lambs weigh less. No (sheep)shit Sherlock.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Tiger, it's a beautiful thought, and you know what? I intend to put it into action this very evening. Synchronise watches chaps, 2100 hrs is gruntin' and a shuntin' time!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sheep being weird…

molgrips
    Free Member

Woppit, you really try and shoehorn your views in at any opportunity dont you?

I think he was sending himself up…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

😳

snaps
    Free Member
    Lionheart
    Free Member

Sheep being weird, clip from 'Black Sheep'!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHiNLx-CKeY&feature=related

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

snaps – it's s**t, really, really s**t.

warton
    Free Member

I've seen that before. a full field of sheep, about 200, ALL of them facing in exactly the same way. really weird. Drove on, another field, another couple of hundred sheep ALL facing the same way as the others. Mental

Bunnyhop

I think you'll find barnsleymitch that the tupping is over in seconds!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

You've seen me in action then… 😯

noteeth
    Free Member

I only worry when they start rolling across cattle grids, commando style.

Pretty much unstoppable once that happens & our days will then be numbered.

molgrips
    Free Member

I once stopped at a gate whilst on a ride to call my Dad for some reason or other. AFter I'd been there for a minute or two the sheep noticed me and started to flock towards me. By the end of the call there was a couple of hundred sheep crowding around me bleating, I had to shout to make myself heard on the phone. It was like being some kind of sheepy messiah.

donsimon
    Free Member

Wind?

binners

like this:

Shorty121
    Free Member

They could be just weined which means the lambs taking off them.

adam5555

I only worry when they start rolling across cattle grids, commando style.

Pretty much unstoppable once that happens & our days will then be numbered.

ahmm.
    commando sheep

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Why are the sheep being weird?’ is closed to new replies.