Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Why am I stiff in the morning?
  • philjunior
    Free Member

I used to get a bad back all the time.
    Yoga has helped.
    I can’t make the yoga I used to go to so use some of the mobility/stretching exercises I did in the classes, it definitely seems to help, I often have a bit of a bad back but it’s been a long time since I couldn’t put shoes on easily.
    Mine is muscular, have seen doc and physio, they’ve been helpful to a degree, but yoga really helped.

poolman
    Free Member

Pilates, I was dragged to my first class by a bad back suffering friend. Just go and see what it’s all about. Focus on the basics and breathing.

It really works, keep a swiss ball at home and just do a few moves as you pass. Or sit on it and watch tv.

lambchop
    Free Member

Could be diet? I used to get very achey in the mornings. Been doing a keto way of eating since September. Lost 2 stone and all aches and pains are gone.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimmy

This stiffens loosens me up.

FB-ATB

Do you snore- maybe your missus is elbowing you in the back as you sleep.

sharkbait
    Free Member

It is something to do with the SI joint alignment

I’ve had this twice now….. can be crippling but a trip or two to the osteopath to be ‘realigned’ fixes it in a few days.

prezet
    Free Member

@jimmy – Thanks, I’ll watch that with my full attention 😀

chris36860
    Free Member

Definitely try Pilates. Don’t do leisure centre classes with 30 other people as it’s all down to form and a incorrect form could make it worse. Find a small local group or if you can afford it 1 to 1 in a studio using a reformer (looks like a torture bed). My wife is a Pilates teacher and the reformer will do wonders for you. She’s based in Chichester if you are local and we have a studio at home for 1 to 1s. I thought I had a good core until I started using the reformer!!

didgerman
    Free Member

Assuming you’re cycling a fair bit it’s probably tight hip flexors, but we shouldn’t guess, go to a decent physio.
    Also:
    Yes to, Pilates, a physio, other activities that keep you moving.
    No to, osteopath, chiro, mad diets like keto, acupuncture etc
    Try some, yoga, weights, maybe even some feldenkrais classes if you can find them
    Physio first!

andy4d

I am no doctor. After a long period of lower back pain in my mid 30s, trying exercise, new mattress etc it turned out I had ankylosing spondylitis. Only found out when I got a severe dose of uveitis and the eye doc asked about any back pain. I thought it was odd asking me about my back when it was my eye he was treating, but turns out they are related. He sent of my bloods and they came back showing hla  b27 and diagnosed my spondalytis.  I won’t type up all the symptoms but take a quick look and see if it’s possible?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Early onset osteoarthritis probably, don’t bother stretching total boll0cks, strength based mobility is key.
    Look up pandiculation, it’s the thinking persons alternative to stretching.

zilog6128

Look up pandiculation, it’s the thinking persons alternative to stretching.

just seems like a trendy buzzword for something people have been doing for hundreds (thousands?) of years with yoga/tai chi etc. (not dissing it tho, call it what you want, as long as you do it 😂)

chestrockwell

Why am I stiff in the morning?

Fnaaar, wince, ngumpf, etc…..

I used to get loads of problems around my lower back, glutes, hip flexers and hamstrings. Regularly going to gym classes now that cover most bases (core, conditioning, strength, HIIT) as well as stretching more and it has pretty much done the trick. Oh, and drink more water.

Turns out cycling and running can stuff you up a bit if you don’t incorporate other training.

benpinnick

Sounds like you may have ciatica – it normally gets worse overnight and yeah, when you get up you can’t bend down and put your socks on!

panzerjager
    Free Member

Morning glory?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Why am I stiff in the morning?’ is closed to new replies.