Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Why?
  • votchy
    Free Member

This is what we asked ourselves last night, only 2 of the Clent Duffers (TM) arrived at Doggers Paradise, car park was deep mud that found it's way all up the side of my car as the wheels scrabbled for grip, after parking got out the car in to sloppy mud so the clean shoes were no more, getting changed we found the icey wind blowing straight in to us. Finally ready to go, already cold and muddy we wondered why??
    2hrs later we got back to the car and realised why, grinning like loons, covered in mud, mud frozen to the bikes, front mechs frozen solid but what a blast around the NW Alps. Crispy snow, sheet ice, deep puddles and sloppy mud all combined to try and stop us but we just soldiered on, think we completed the ride with only a couple of dabs each, many comedy sideways moments that we wondered how we'd stayed upright, clearing sky giving (nice) views across the lights of the Black Country and Birmingham.
    That is why we do it and enjoy every minute of it 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bless

nickc

Conversly it's shit in the chilterns. Haven't been down there in ages. Roll on spring

Mackem

Personally, I do it for the birds, glory and cash.

oldgit
    Free Member

I do it in the vain hope that I'll have a nasty accident and catch flu and miss out on riding all summer.
    Just like last year 😕

rOcKeTdOg

did you use anti freeze KY?

DezB
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    Conversly it's shit in the chilterns. Haven't been down there in ages. Roll on spring

I rode in the Chilterns on Sunday – only a short ride, but was bloody great slippin and sliding and bouncing off logs on the downhill bits.
    The red kites made it all worth it too.

MicArms

RD,
    Lube is for beginners…A handfull of mud is all you need!

nickc

DezB, the novelty has worn off after too much rain and snow, and rain and snow… You get the picture.

I keep day-dreaming of tailwinds, lightly sweaty forearms, and sunburned necks….

rOcKeTdOg

and ground glass? 😯

DezB
    Free Member

DezB, the novelty has worn off after too much rain and snow, and rain and snow… You get the picture.

I can imagine. The first bridleway we took jammed the bikes up with mud like I haven't seen for years.. we almost turned back

Andituk
    Free Member

RD,

Watch for grit..

😕

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Why?’ is closed to new replies.