• This topic has 80 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Whose got snow?
  • beinbhan

snowing in Perth now

monsta
    Free Member

Anyone in Talybont, Brecon? I’m supposed to racing there tomorrow night, but wouldn’t mind knowing what shape the A40 is in and whether it’s worth the risk driving there. AA isn’t showing any issues. No snow here in the balmy Cotswolds.

rtb25
    Free Member

…similarly, has anyone got any idea how the snow’s affected riding and driving in South Wales – was thinking of heading up to cwmcarn/afan tommorow…

carbon337
    Free Member

Shit loads again in costal North Northumberland.

Mates had snow up to their car windows earlier and its very heavy again now.

Im on the coast so not as bad as a few miles inland.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

about 6 inches minimum here (dingwall, north of inverness) but we have been treated to some amazing thunder and lightning tonight!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Anyone in Talybont, Brecon? I’m supposed to racing there tomorrow night, but wouldn’t mind knowing what shape the A40 is in and whether it’s worth the risk driving there. AA isn’t showing any issues. No snow here in the balmy Cotswolds.

The A40 should be fine, that is the most major road in Dyfed & Powys, so all Highways will be working to keep it open. Pretty simple from the A40 to Talybont, so you should be OK.

I would imagine that Brecon has similar snow to us, as it is only 20 miles away but not sure.

sweepy
    Free Member

about 6 inches minimum here (dingwall, north of inverness) but we have been treated to some amazing thunder and lightning tonight!

If id known about that i’d have driven up, just snow here

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Got about an inch between Chesterfield and Sheffield, looks lovely and crisp at this time in the morning. Makes nappy time all the more worth it 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Spidey snow sense woke me at 4:30, got an inch or two here.

skiboy
    Free Member

Very light smattering in Milton Keynes this morning , kids woke us up @ 6
    To tell us,, cheers

lagerfanny
    Free Member

A light dusting here too. My daughter just asked if she can go out and play in it 🙄 at 06.30 lol

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just woken up and noticed we have a light smattering here in nottingham.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

woohoo! another 5″! Its sledge time!!!

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Boo. Snow in Dundee. Dunkeld sesh today going to be interesting…

boxelder

Inch or two near keswick. Should make whinlatter interesting.

forge197
    Free Member

Bit here around Dumfries area not a snow riding fan guess I will be in the gym to the spring 🙂

nicolaisam
    Free Member

About 3″ fell in the southwest of cornwall during the night.

allthepies
    Free Member

Nada in that Surrey.

mieszko
    Free Member

It was snowing a bit in Edinburgh. It’s around -2 to -3 now so the snow does not melt. My ride from work was very “interesting” as I was on my road bike.

LMT
    Free Member

Half a cm in birmingham lol! suppose traffic will be its usual standstill at the slightest sign of anything more.

SidewaysTim

We’ve got about 3/4 of an inch. That’ll cause chaos!

jedi

none at all in herts 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

About 5″ in Durham/Stanley which made for an interesting nightshift!

First mealbreak at 0140 after a 1810 start 😕

MaryHinge
    Free Member

4″ in Belper, Derbys this morning 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

the village

My drive ! 1.5 miles of that – and uphill mostly
    [img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_By42uYleqms/TPC8VEUmIXI/AAAAAAAAGrc/qlvyipBU20I/s640/CIMG0610.JPG[/img]

amodicumofgnar

Dusting in Chapel, 5mm max. Not much more on tops, Roych looks to have about the same.

philfive
    Free Member

Small amount around lee quarry

martinxyz
    Free Member

six inches around the puffer course then? i might pop up later on.(with one brake!) it hasnt stopped snowing here for the past hour or so and it doesnt look likes it going to clear up.

futuresorange
    Free Member

couple of inches in south Leicester

southernsteel
    Free Member

Sheffield is white enough for my rugby match to be called off.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I’m in Sheffield too, can’t get my car off the massive ice rink hill I live on. M1 is shut near meadowhall too.

jamesb
    Free Member

Just under an inch snow Hereford / Powys border, but apparently much more over towards Builth Wells; problem here will be the minor roads and ice as it`s just the A44 and other A / B roads that will probably be treated, and sub zero temps making them icerinks (-9c overnight at Sennybridge). Ground has already been frozen solid for two days now

monsta
    Free Member

>> (-9c overnight at Sennybridge)
    Hmmm, still wondering whether it’s worth going to Brecon this evening to run around the hills for four hours…

Still mild, and getting warmer and less snow-like in the Cotswolds. Might put my shorts on.

sweepy
    Free Member

Just been out in the van, pushing the snow off the track before it sets hard and has to be dug out. Got around a foot, with drifts of two feet. I love snow chains.

hainman
    Free Member

plenty snow in glasgow.whoop whoop!!!!!

_tom_
    Free Member

Little bit here now. Not enough to get excited about though, I couldn’t get my full 2 wheel drifts on 😥

jamesb
    Free Member

>>>Hmmm, still wondering whether it’s worth going to Brecon this evening to run around the hills for four hours…

here`s sample of BBNP webcam might decide for you!!

http://www.breconbeacons.org/pages/livewebcam

getting breezy here too so plenty of wind chill factor around

Drac

Still coming down here in Northumberland. Had a few hours break from it about 2am to 7am but been showers on and off since.

Nights too Woody, we did 2 jobs but too over 4 hours each to do. Least they were genuine though.

stayhigh

Lots of frost in medway but no snow in kent 🙁

epicsteve
    Free Member

Edinburgh Pentlands this morning

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Whose got snow?’ is closed to new replies.