Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Whose going to the TT ?.
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone was going to the TT as it starts next week !,I see both Hope and Orange are sponsoring Giy Martin on his helmet this year ..maybe it will be his year ??..

weeksy

Not while the fat old fella big John Mc is still there i don’t think so. Lots of very quick guys at the moment. Althoguh obviously Guy MArtin is one of them.

Old mate of mine riding the factory Norton this year.

mrmoofo

Been once – many years ago. Worth doing – but the costs of getting there, trying to get food, treatment as a walking cash cow etc means I wouldn’t go back TBH

Re Guy Martin. The Nearly Man. He can ride a bike a whole lot faster than me …
    But he would be a whole lot better if he tempered the attitude with sponsors, and concentrated on being a racer rather than a lorry fitter or TV star.
    It is his talent to realise – but I think he has sold himself short

weeksy

Do you really think that the TV side of things take up THAT much time ? He can only practice when the team want him to or have time booked etc. The rest of the time you think the other riders are out on track 7 days a week end ? Of course not. He’s as fit as the next man, as focused as the next man. He just ‘advertises’ himself a bit more.

piemonster

It’s the facial hair and chirpy chatter

Pigface
    Free Member

No no no hate the TT hate the Manx hate the Southern 100

Ian Hardisty, Gavin Lee and Steve Ellis are 3 reasons why I want nothing to do with it.

freddyg
    Free Member

Not going for the first time in years as it coincides with the kids half term – I’m already starting to twitch.

As for cost, it’s not too bad – the only part of the trip where they try to have your eyes out is the ferry. But there’s no other way of getting me and my bike there.

We camp and once enough “general anaesthetic” has been administered in the pub (usually the Mitre in Kirk Michael) I’ll sleep anywhere.

Food is reasonably cheap too – no more expensive than at home. Unless you survive on shite burgers from burger vans. It’s no chore to pop to the supermarket and quickly put together a pack-up for the day.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I don’t think the costs a problem, you go there to enjoy ureself,& have a good time, thats not free anywhwere ya go or whatever ya do, afterall,mountain bikins not cheap issit .

brakes
    Free Member

I never believe that Guy Martin will win, despite wishing him to every TT.
    John McG winning has got boring.
    Guy needs some luck and the others need bad luck. He’s not the best rider.

mrmoofo

Do you really think that the TV side of things take up THAT much time ? He can only practice when the team want him to or have time booked etc. The rest of the time you think the other riders are out on track 7 days a week end ? Of course not. He’s as fit as the next man, as focused as the next man. He just ‘advertises’ himself a bit more.

It has bugger all to do with fitness. It is more to do with “focus”. I would be happy if he proves me wrong this year.

I can’t help but feel under that cheeky chappy persona is someone who is a real prima donna.
    But then so was Casey Stoner – he just didn’t bother with the personality … until he made that quipe to Rossi.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Whose going to the TT ?.’ is closed to new replies.