Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Who's Up For A Swinley Sexy Party Before The Bulldozers Move In? 9th December
  • variflex
    Free Member

gee – sorry swinley was no where near a swamp.
    funnily enough we had riders all over swinley today from Surrey hills as its such a bogfest over there and being ripped up by too many riders at the moment, oh and swinley is not my back yard.

each to their own though 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

funnily enough we had riders all over swinley today from Surrey hills as its such a bogfest over there and being ripped up by too many riders at the moment, oh and swinley is not my back yard.

tunnel hill/porigepot/firth =/= Surrey hills

They’re usualy quite dry but that’s mostly down to them being Swinley’s lesser known neighbours so the mud doesn’t get churned in. You can just about do a big loop all the way down via Cesars Camp if you’ve got the legs (40-60 miles depending whether you just tick them off or ride almost allthe singletrack). Maybe an idea for the summer when everyones got their fast legs back out of storage?

GDRS

I am up for that summer ride…….

Enjoyed yesterday. Nice to ride the woods in a different order to how I normally do it…plus putting names to sections that my usual riding buddies call something else.

Nothing much to clean as well….happy days.

G

(Ridgid SS Scandal)

thewanderer
    Free Member

Thanks guys,

Great ride.. legs feeling it on the commute this morning!

Rich (Turner 5 Spot)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I am up for that summer ride…….

Cool beans, the summer one will have Slow, Fast and Epic groups then 🙂

Kryton57

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Cool beans, the summer one will have Slow, Fast and Epic groups then

Just for my personal reference for next time assuming there are groups to choose from, which of those ^^ did you rate Sunday’s ride at then?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

PaulD summed it up as sprint and gasp I think. His pace was the same as ever, but we had longer stops.

If I put together a longer route we’d have to go at a slower but more constant pace I reckon, although it’s an out and back allong a C-shaped course, so bailing out isn’t actualy too far.

titusrider
    Free Member

Keep thinking about what you were saying singletrackmind in ref to cornering speed.

Despite what I said on Sunday I actually think Tyres won’t be a magic bullet. I think the focus is probably getting forward into that ‘capital D’ arms shape and getting the bike lent over. Maybe try some time on flats in a bit of a foot out flat out style!

The main thing that made me think this is remembering back to my skills course with the Athertons where gee was cornering at mad speeds on Tyres pretty much the same as a small block 8

Anyway just trying to help out, have fun pushing it 🙂

Kryton57

e and getting the bike lent over.

Which is what I was doing on Stickler milliseconds before I landed on my face.

theotherjonv

I think you were about 3 behind me, I heard you go down but knew there were others behind so not worth stopping.

Looking, footwork, speed/braking. All add to a rubber side down cornering experience. Simply leaning the bike over if you haven’t got the footwork and weight distribution to match doesn’t work.

Kryton57

I know I’ve met Jedi.

We all get it wrong from time to time – I wasn’t criticising what you were saying btw, just stating that co-incidentaly the last thing I was thinking before the off was about leaning the bike…. 🙂

Andy

theotherjonv – Member
    I think you were about 3 behind me, I heard you go down but didn’t care so not worth stopping.

Looking, footwork, speed/braking. All add to a rubber side down cornering experience.

*swoons at the orsumness of the big V* 8)

theotherjonv

We all get it wrong from time to time

Not me. Errrrmm……. 🙄

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/do-you-think-itll-polish-out

PaulD
    Free Member

Guys,

Check out this week’s Cannondale Wheel Test….filmed at Swinley Forest…see the Corkscrew and Session areas.

PaulD

nedrapier

Sounds like iot was a good one! UI’m due to meet some friends on Saturday morning. It’ll have been dry all week since the Sexy, then rainy on Friday.

any thoughts? one to avoid, or should it be alright?

PaulD
    Free Member

ned,

The north and west corner is a waterlogged mudfest, corkscrew excepted.

Aim for Seagull, Stickler and the Labyrinth.

PaulD

thepurist

Aim for Seagull, Stickler and the Labyrinth

The section of seagull nearest the gate is now fenced off with trail building work going on. Stickler is still fenced off at both ends so is as closed as when a load of you rode it at the weekend. And Satan’s grotto is getting mashed by forestry work so is a non starter. Labyrinth is all good tho!

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Who's Up For A Swinley Sexy Party Before The Bulldozers Move In? 9th December’ is closed to new replies.