Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Who's stormed out of a gig then?
  • cinnamon_girl

I must confess to doing this twice. It was a case of INLISTATS – ooooh get me. 😉

Step up Paul Rodgers who had to deal with a dodgy sound system followed by Steve Winwood who didn’t play what I wanted him to, boo 🙁

Over to you people …

allthegear
    Free Member

Walked out of the Pulp once. It was at the corn exchange in Cambridge, though, where I discovered the sound in there is truly awful. I just couldn’t listen any more.

Rachel

luffy105
    Free Member

not a gig but left Jimmy Carr’s show at half time last year.

I find him really funny on panel and chat shows but his stand up act wasn’t for me

edlong
    Free Member

Oasis. Bored after about four songs. Shoulda expected it, same thing happens whenever I’ve tried to listen to one of their albums.

iain1775
    Free Member

No but Ive had a couple of bands storm out on me

scotroutes

Is there some special way to leave that means you “stormed out” rather than just “walked out”?

chiefgrooveguru

I stormed wandered off in disappointment when seeing the Foo Fighters at IoW 2011 – came across Tom Jones finishing his set, which was surprisingly good…

johndoh
    Free Member

edlong – Member
    Oasis. Bored after about four songs. Shoulda expected it, same thing happens whenever I’ve tried to listen to one of their albums.
    POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

So why did you go then?

cinnamon_girl

Is there some special way to leave that means you “stormed out” rather than just “walked out”?

Come now druidh, this is STW where emotions always run high! Why toddle when you can stomp? 😉

maccruiskeen

A bunch of us had booked at coach to take us from Birmingham to Nottingham for a club night/birthday celebration. We arranged for a coach to pick us up from a Pub by Aston University. It was mid-week so we were pretty much the only people in the pub….. unexpectly the pub was also the venue for a live road-show broadcast for radio 1, featuring a DJ (i forget who) and stand up from Frank Sidebottom.

Frank took the stage just as our coach pulled into view outside. He told his first joke and we (pretty much everyone in the pub) got up and walked out.

I’ve also fallen asleep in the front row at a Donovan gig

john_drummer
    Free Member

I didn’t walk out as I was working it, but I did spend the whole of a Gene Loves Jezebel gig playing pool. I really liked them on record, but live they were, well, dull

scotroutes

I was at a gig in Stornoway (during the very first HebCeltFest) where the audience barely outnumbered the band. They played a couple of numbers then decided to call it a night and reconvene in the pub next door whereupon they bought us all a drink.

edlong
    Free Member

So why did you go then?

Festival, there were other bands. I liked some of them.

huws
    Free Member

I didn’t technically walk out, but I did wander back into our box at the O2, watch QI on Dave, order more red wine and drink myself into oblivion while a fat wheezy version of guns and roses ruined some 80s rock classics.

midlifecrashes

Suede. Awesome live. Not this one night, Brett completely off his tits.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Walks out of the editors and went back to
    The bar, a few singles, better on the cd

Northwind

Walked away from Oasis at Reading, they were ****-awful. By pure luck went and saw Muse instead, who were nigh godly. So cheers for that Oasis, glad you weren’t better!

And Rise Against in Glasgow, which was weird, I couldn’t honestly say they were bad but it just wasn’t working for me at all, left out of confusion more than anything else.

Hmm. MGMT as well, they were just so damn dull, low quality Glasgow chips became more appealing.

Philby

Walked out of an Elvis Costello gig at Uni – though to be fair we had sneaked in without paying so it wasn’t like we had specifically gone to see him, just that he had been playing that night and we were passing and no-one was on the door at the time.

JCL
    Free Member

I left halfway through Independance Day. I didn’t realise Will Smith was in it. Hate him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I stormed out of Supergrass in the 2nd song, they were on fire, however some pricks near me popped me up on the crowd and the dull bouncers flung me through the fire doors. Proper stormed out!

steffybhoy
    Free Member

low quality Glasgow chips became more appealing.

So what’s better the above, or a low quality edinburger?

stanfree
    Free Member

Oasis , Embra corn exchange . They had played too big nights at the SECC previous and couldn’t be arsed . To be honest I wasn’t a big enough fan to be **** about them being shit.

user-removed
    Free Member

Went to a peaceful, old mans’ pub after half a Levellers gig at Sunderland student union. The sound was awful, the band were uninspired and uninspiring. Just felt very disconnected from a sound I loved as a youth.

Didn’t storm so much as slip away…

CountZero

I had tickets to see Asobi Seksu in Oxford. For whatever reason, ticket sales, I guess, their headline at the Jerico Tavern got changed to a support at the O2 Academy. I wasn’t going to waste the tickets, so me and my mate drove up to Oxford. We got 35 minutes of Asobi Seksu, then 65 Days Of Static came on. Heard of them, never heard them.
    Walked out halfway through the first tune. Dull, duller, dullest. Only time, in 42 years of gig-going I’ve ever walked out of a gig*. I was very disappointed, getting barely half the set of the band I’d paid for tickets to see, and a hundred mile round trip for the privilege. I even sat through a John Martyn gig, where he was so shit-faced, he could barely remember his own songs, so I have a high threshold of tolerance for iffy gigs!
    *Sorry, just remembered, I walked out of a Catastrophy Wife gig, Kat Bjelland’s band after Babes In Toyland.
    Christ, but they were catastrophic! Really, truly bloody awful. Shame, I liked the Babes.

redsox
    Free Member

I stormed wandered off in disappointment when seeing the Foo Fighters at IoW 2011

Almost walked out (or away as it was outside) of their Milton Keynes gig if It wasn’t that I was the designated driver and I would never have found my mates again. 50 quid for a gig that i was just plain bored by and more impressed by the support…….shame really as I’ve liked them since their first album.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Morrissey – 3 songs into the third night at the Camden Roundhouse, lightweight nob that he is.

duckman

The Manics warm up gigs for their proper tour brought them back to Dundee in the late 90’s at which point they were huge…and obviously gracing us provincial peasants with their time. Also walked out of Madame Butterfly as it was crap, Rigoletto had got my hopes up on the Opera/nudity front. Pfft, 45mins in and NO naked flesh.

kayak23

Jamiroquai, Wolverhampton, yawn…

globalti
    Free Member

Ewan MacColl when the old buzzard passed a collection bucket round for the miners.

darrell
    Free Member

i feel asleep at a Barclay James Harvest gig back in the day

really was astonishingly boring

woody21
    Free Member

Simple Minds – Sheffield Arena. Jim, your voice might have been good 20 years ago sadly the high notes were too much for you now.

anagallis_arvensis

I lost the use of my legs at a Bob Dylan gig once. If I could have walked I would have left.

Nick

Bjork at the Gmex, tedious, went to the pub.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

Yes, you start a me, me, me thread on it….

Harry_the_Spider

Simple Minds at Glastonbury. Decided that getting mashed at the cider bus was a better use of my time.

tartanscarf

I left a Hawkwind gig after 1.5 songs. I’d only gone to see Aphex Twin who was supporting them though so didn’t lose anything 🙂

TS

Coyote
    Free Member

Garry Glitter. Went for a laugh, bloody awful.

rickmeister

Madonna at Murrayfield Edinburgh, left 2 songs in. Rubbish. Pleased I didnt pay £125 for the seat due to a computer problem at their end…

lunge

Only gig I’ve ever left was Doves in Wolverhampton. They were just dull and uninspiring. And let me tell you, to seem dull and uninspiring in the worlds most dull and uninspiring place is quite an achievement.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

A mate of mine left Woodstock early , before Hendrix was on because he wanted to avoid the traffic congestion .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Who's stormed out of a gig then?’ is closed to new replies.