Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • who's stolen 10mm from me?
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Can someone put my mind at ease and tell me that this is ok and yours are the same.
    I thought I paid for 150mm travel.

LoCo
    Free Member

Dual air?

wwaswas

maybe you only paid for 130 and 140mm anodising?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thepurist

Why not just take all the air out & then measure how much they extend when you pump them back up?

woody2000

Too much neg air

SOAP
    Free Member

Solo air.

LoCo
    Free Member

Blocked transfer port in air chamber, maybe.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Are you answering emails at the moment Mr LoCo? I don’t blame you if you aren’t, this sun can’t last forever. 🙂

SOAP
    Free Member

Just pull them apart to full travel and I think I heard air…
    They seam to be back to normal now.
    Hopefully panic over… Very strange.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Have you got too much negative air in there? That happened to my mate the other week.

EDIT: OOps should have refreshed before posting. 😳

mattjg
    Free Member

My 120mm dual-air Revs started only giving me 110mm. I let all the air out and reinflated them, it fixed it and has stayed fixed after a demanding ride that used all the travel at least once. I don’t faff with -ve air beyond setting it the same as +ve.

roverpig

My new dual air RCT3 Revs do that. Should be 120mm, but even with 10osi less in the neg than the pos, they still seem to suck down to 110. Does it matter though? Once I sit on the bike it goes to the correct sagged position.

mattjg
    Free Member

Also, don’t assume those guides are printed in the right place. I have some Rebas where the top of the 30%/100mm mark is 73mm down the stanchion. Go figure. (And use a ruler!)

legend
    Free Member

My Boxxer World Cup used to do that any the bloody time. Had to put my foot on the wheel and yank on the bars before every run…… and then there was the issue of them just being shit anyway of course

Might be worth a clean up around the transfer port

mattjg
    Free Member

SOAP – re your first pic, on my 120mm Rebas, which do measure 120mm from the top of the stanchion to the top of the seal, I can’t actually see the ‘5%’ mark on the 120mm scale at all.

Those things are nonsense, basically. (Like the pressure charts in my experience, too).

igm

My 100m Rebas (solo air) had the same problem.

They need to be fully extended for the transfer port to work. If there is too much pressure in the neg chamber they never fully extend and don’t balance the pressures (so they don’t fully extend and so on).

Solution. Either pull them to full extension, or for a gentler option pump them up until they fully extend, where upon you can reduce the pressure in both chambers together.

Don’t ask how they get out of kilter in the first place. Probably someone sitting on the bike / compressing the fork while they let air out – exactly the way I used to dial in the sag.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Soap I’ve just noticed mine are doing exactly the same, I only randomly looked due to this thread but exactly the same as yours in the pic…so did taking the lowers off sort it? Mine are 2013 solo air too, how easy is it to remove the lowers? And what exactly did you do to get them back to normal?

hope you can help, thought the stanchion looked a bit shorter just recently, that’ll be why then!

Help!

trail_rat
    Free Member

mattjg are you 100% that your forks at full travel go right to the crown ?

not all forks do.

SOAP
    Free Member

Mine are 6 rides old and I hope its just a bedding in problem.
    I just pulled them apart and think I heard a little rush of air and that was it.
    They have taken a beating today and are fine now, if anything the 3 position lockout works better
    now.
    Fingers crossed

SOAP
    Free Member

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Soap what do you mean by pulled them apart bud? Took the lowers,off or literally just yanked at them?

I’ve pulled at them and as soon as I let go they just suck up the travel again?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

apparently the printing isn’t always in the right place….

SOAP
    Free Member

Just yanked them by the crown and brace.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hmmm I’ve tried that, but you could see the legs creep/suction back up, I only did it with the pressure in still,perhaps I’ll yank at them with the pressure out?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

phew – sorted mine! thanks for this thread SOAP – i dont think for one minute id have ever noticed this if not for this thread 😆

forks feel much more plush again now in compression, which is weird, not that they felt terrible before just feel ALOT smoother again now back at full travel

must have been trapped air somewhere i can only imagine, it defo affected the feel of the forks though!

mine still did the suck down thing after 2 emptyings of the solo air to 0 psi, i then at 0 psi pulled the forks from the arch/crown and it still sucked up after that, i then pumped the forks upto 125 psi and that fully extended the forks (but obviously no use to me at that psi, i usually run 65psi on these), then pulled on the forks at the arch/crown again, i then let out all the air again to 0 psi, and repeated a few times……finally when i had the forks at 0 psi after a few times of the above cycle i then pulled on the lowers and it wasnt sucking back up, could just pull and push the forks with no sucking up at all, so pulled them to full extension and then pumped upto 65 psi, and it was at full travel, did the same again just to check and it was fine again!

nice one soap for bringing this up, not sure what it was, trapped air, but its made the forks feel nicer through the travel again!

ps ive no idea how long mine have been like this, they defo werent like that new, ive had them a few months now…..just hope it doesnt do it after everysingle ride though as dont want to be faffing like that every ride to get full travel! it did seem fine today though after numerous cycles through the travel

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘who's stolen 10mm from me?’ is closed to new replies.