Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Who's sick to death of hearing about 650b/29
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Does it really matter.Just who cares about if there bike is that tiny bit faster.I just don’t get it.Is it really that big of a deal.I though it was about enjoying mtbing not this bloody wheel size rubbish..
    Rant over… 😉

sharkattack

Every time someone starts a thread about wheel sizes God stamps on a kitten.

Good work sicko.

robhughes
    Free Member

Good.I hate cats…. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Do they make different size wheels for MTBs now ?
    Why did no one tell me ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok. Who wants to point out the irony to the OP?

nickjb
    Free Member

I won’t even open a wheel size thread let alone post on one

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Just to wind you up a bit further Rob, there’s a third wheel size emerging now as well which seems to be gaining popularity – 26″.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I won’t even open a wheel size thread let alone post on one

Ha ha! I see what you did there!

I’ve thrown both my 26″ wheeled bikes in the skip cos theyr’e both now totally unrideable due to their wheel size. I can’t afford new ones so I’ll have to think of a new hobby/sport/outside pastime.
    Never mind I’ve had 23 years of biking on 26″ wheels so at least I’ve got the memories. *sigh*

eyerideit
    Free Member

Not me, I just can’t get enough.

😛

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Yes but which is best? Doesnt seem to be any info on the net.

coopersport1
    Free Member

More importantly what’s next!

Bregante

Personally I feel we need more threads about this. Its absolutely fascinating and I for one have noticed how my 26er and my 29er have got worse and worse over the last few months.

Can’t stop, I’m off to search for more threads on this so that I know what to think.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Me. It just seems like naval gazing.

When I’m about to rupture my ring piece riding up a hill I don’t think about what wheel size I’m riding.
    When I’m negotiating a drop I don’t think about what wheel size I’m rising.
    When I’m swooping down a hill I don’t think about what wheel size I’m riding.
    I only think about what wheel size I’m riding when buy tyres and tubes.

TheBrick
    Free Member

.double post.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Well I for one might be up for a new bike next year so I really do want to get as many views and opinions as I can.

I find it really sad that after all those years (and 000’s pounds) on 26″ bikes, i am now being told by the industry that they are not really good enough any more.

But I do have a quick question if I may… Which would be quicker up a steep non technical hill – a 26lb 26er or a 31lb 29er???

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Me. It just seems like naval gazing.

robbieh
    Free Member

I always find a 26/29er thread to read when I.m having trouble getting off to sleep 😆

slackalice
    Free Member

sharkattack – Member

Tsk tsk… This is STW. You must know by now that God doesn’t exist here

deanfbm
    Free Member

It gets pretty old, the whole 29er/650b being a marketing conspiracy, 29ers being the best, etc etc.

They’re bikes, a sum of their parts, a good bike is a good bike, that’s all there is to it.

I ride 29er and 26″, they’re both really good at what they’re intended for. If a bike i want is 650b, so be it, it’s not a sales point or deal breaker.

compositepro
    Free Member

Ok. Who wants to point out the irony to the OP?

FFS i logged in to point that out …

yunki
    Free Member

I **** love it.. there’s nothing better than repeating the same old tired and not really very interesting at all debate over and over..

It’s like that scene in A Clockwork Orange where they are conditioning Alex to dislike ultra violence..
    I take strong stimulants to stay awake for days at a time, naked and sweating with every muscle in my body tense, spending hour after hour after hour looking all over the net for discussions on the wheel size issue, working myself up into a frenzy where I stride about the room roaring the words in the posts people have written on the subject at the top of my voice..

it’s ace

rOcKeTdOg

29ers being the best

😯 you are joking?

ska-49
    Free Member

Not at all. These threads make me feel strangely.. alive?!

deluded
    Free Member

It’s like that scene in A Clockwork Orange where they are conditioning Alex to dislike ultra violence..

yunki – you’re referring to the ‘Ludovico Technique’.

Why do you put two full stops after a sentence?

yunki
    Free Member

Why do you put two full stops after a sentence?

nervous twitch..

deluded
    Free Member

Fair.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

700c is where its at.

eyerideit
    Free Member

700c is where its at.

What’s it doing there?

I’ve been eating and stuff for the last couple of hours.
    I can’t be bothered to go back through the whole thread.
    What was the decision in the end ? Which one’s best ?

chainring
    Free Member

No bugger is going to shoehorn me into buying a 29/650b. Besides, being skint does help in these matters. Anyway, it’s all about options, right? Please, listen to the people that know, sell off all your 26” bikes, they are now defunct, you’ll only be embarrassing yourself riding one of them things. Get shot of ’em, panic, now! :mrgreen:

eyerideit
    Free Member

What was the decision in the end ? Which one’s best ?

The one you’ve not bought yet is the best – so you best go out and buy it.

Then you’ll be super-bad-ass and be able to do nose manuals in to berms and stuff, prompting everyone to say you’ve got ‘sick skillz’.

mangatank
    Free Member

I hear that Spesh are developing the ‘infinity’ wheel format…

cookeaa

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I find these threads bring the web alive for me.

epicyclo

What we really need are proper manly sized wheels – the 635mm used by our great grandfathers.

The other sizes are for unbearded girls – where’s the challenge?

Modern bikes are too easy.

Downhills with rod brakes in the wet will bring back the excitement to riding…

nwgiles

sharkattack – Member

What size wheels is best for running over kittens?

Muke
    Free Member

@ OP Yep and which lights should I buy or which tyres should I use. I remember the old days when people just went out on their bike, rode around and had a good time, but I am a grumpy old git so just about everything is wrong with the world these days. 😉

aracer
    Free Member

What size wheels is best for running over kittens?

That surely depends on whether God has already stamped on them and you’re trying to make them come alive.

scottfitz
    Free Member

700c is where its at.

Nope 27″ is where its at!

robhughes
    Free Member

Muke.Exactly.
    It’s just all a bit too much.Should i start another thread.
    Which light weight bog roll should i put in my back pack.
    Just ride the bloody things… 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Who's sick to death of hearing about 650b/29’ is closed to new replies.