Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • whos running tubeless on there rd bike
  • sefton
    Free Member

whos running tubeless on there road bike?

any probs?

I’ve been running tubeless on my mtb for a year without trouble.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’m also a fan of tubeless on the mtb. Was getting some new wheels for the road bike so looked into it, but it’s just not worth it. There’s barely any advantages, and quite a few disadvantages and a fair amount of hassle, it’s just not the same as mtb. Tubs for racing, clinchers for everything else.

sefton
    Free Member

surely they have the same advantages as the mtb tubeless?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Couple of folk I ride with run them. They both swear by them. One on a set of Fulcrum racing 1’s and the other on some Dura Ace clinchers. Little bit of sealant to help with the punctures and can run them a bit softer for a comfier ride.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yep, tubeless here. Big fan. I can run lower pressures (80-90psi) without pinch risk, and thus get good grip but they still roll well. I find a large proprtion of the grumblers haven’t actually tried it.

mboy
    Free Member

What tyres do you run in your road tubeless setups? Seems to me they’re all quite expensive.

Just toying with the idea of some of the cheap Ultegra wheels from On One soon, and having been tubeless on mountain bikes for more than 8 years I’m keen to be tubeless on road too.

manton69

I have got tubeless on my Ultegras, with Hutchinson tyres. They seem to be the best option with the high psi that you run on road. They have a carbon bead which supposedly gives a more secure seating, but with that logic I guess Kevlar would be ok, but I did not want to run the risk with a first try at road tubeless.

I have found them to be very comfortable and have not had a problem yet, so we have to see if there is an issue if there is a punture. Still carry a spare tube and the repair kit so it is the same repair if there is a big problem.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have found them to be very comfortable and have not had a problem yet

I’ve found the same with normal tyres 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘whos running tubeless on there rd bike’ is closed to new replies.