Who's rode their bike today??pics…

Home Forum Bike Forum Who's rode their bike today??pics…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Who's rode their bike today??pics…
  • trail_rat

sidlaws for me today ….rather snowy. when i left it started falling out the sky again

stevek

Yesterday was terrible on the minor roads that link the tracks up, sheets of thick ice meant it was bloody treacherous in places. I had a few spills and I'm feeling the effects today, pretty hard going too on the single speed. When the snow first came down a few days before Christmas it was great though! Here's a pic from that ride.

sharki

She's not my bike, the villagers share her.
    But got out and rode her in the hills for an hr or so…No pics to share.

Keva

just got back from a 14.5 miler, out for about an hour and a half. Ground in the woods pretty much frozen solid making it much easier than Saturdays mud slog. Wish I'd taken the camera, was bright, sunny and frosty white everywhere.

Kev

Premier Icon robgarrioch
    Subscriber

Tried to do Holcombe Hill on Boxing Day, pretty much pushed to the top as lacking skill to use the minimal grip from the deep slushy stuff…

So stuck road tyres on & circumnavigated the moor instead..

(photostream)

ace_sparky

Stevek, hi there fella, went out up on the Wolds yesterday, very bad ice on them roads, had a few big spills on the tarmac myself 😥
    Now have two very large bruises on my hips, nearly 4 hours to cover 20 miles, don't know why I bothered 🙄

retro83

had a good but exhausting ride out today, melted snow + clay = sticky goop

my mate Si had a comedy over-the-bars moment after ploughing into a boggy stream

sadly couldn't get the camera out in time to capture his summersault and faceplant, but got one of the bike:

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

went out quite early this am – rode over to the Merida Brass Monkeys at Ash, watched and encouraged a bit, then carried on around a further loop.

It was great first up – frosty fast trails evn over the more mushy bits. Once the sun set to work going got a fair bit harder which just made me realise how much harder mud is than hardpack of any sort.

26.5 miles in about 3.25 hours, but was out for 4. Lovely.

bagpuss

Was out on Dartmoor earlier, bright at Burrator, freezing fog and very limited visibility at Princetown. Trails mushy and partially thawed. No pics.

trusslebabes

Went up Swaledale today, was hoping to do Booze and Crackpot but only managed to do Booze. Really good day out and the start of many more adventures in the Dales methinks, although snow was up to our knees in places so may wait until its gone! Sorry no pics

Swayndo

I managed once around Evanton Wood, but it was hard work. I was pushing up hills I always ride, but only had one off! It was minus 8 and very hard and crusty snow. Momentum was very hard to come by.

Lionheart

Out in Devon for three hours this morning, nice sky, very clear, bloody cold, very sticky – the gloop made everywhere like riding uphill! Bike muddiest/dirtiest for months. But great to be out..

stevek

Now then Wayne, you got a bit beaten up the other day then? I know the feeling. We set off from Binbrook on Sunday, three and a half hours for 26 miles. The icy bits were not fun. Supposed to be more snow on the way and we're off for a ride from Loughborough tomorrow…

Maybe see you out there soon?
    🙂

Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

Went out yesterday morning after dropping Mrs Ononeorange in Rickmansworth (clever last-minute bike in back of car manoeuvre) then along canal to Denham and up over Shire Lane to Chenies and along the ridge back home. Wonderful singlespeed ride – didn't see a soul and the mud was still frozen. Perfect. Well, would have been perfect if my front pads hadn't worn through completely and if I'd remembered my gloves!

Premier Icon allyharp
    Subscriber

Edit: Replied to wrong thread!

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

Mabie this afternoon

JoeBones

Nice Pic John!

nunuboogie

another snowy ride up the Malverns

birky

Went up to Dunkeld …

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Who's rode their bike today??pics…’ is closed to new replies.