Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Who's rode their bike today??pics…
  • Blower
    Free Member

just got back early morning ride,went out on the singlespeed,but bloomin hard work today!! seems snow is more icy than fluffy,harder to grip etc..
    wa good though.
    anyone got any pics?

stratobiker
    Free Member

Just got back from a couple of hours with Mrs Strato

No snow here, but a lovely sunny morning. A bit mucky underwheel, but very nice.

SB

Blower
    Free Member

Coolio.fed up of snow now,want mud 😀 bloomin 4ft drifts up wesenden today!
    worst snow in 20 years over here.

bassspine
    Free Member

me on my chrissy bike

jobbyheid
    Free Member

arrgh, usually I can post a pic of me riding in Andalucian sunshine in these threads but it's been torrential rain for a week. Hopefully breaking tomorrow..

devs
    Free Member

Freezing rain on top of the snow here. Walking, driving or cycling is a joke. Seen so many people nearly wipe themselves out and then get stuck outside my house it's just not funny. I would move my car if I thought I could! Going out on treader shortly though. Traditional innit!

Mounty_73

I have not long got back from a quick 1.5 hour blast around my local, after I managed to slice my index finger quite badly on the disc rotor… 🙁

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Was out for a quick 15km ride earlier. The snow isn't too deep here, but still great fun!

ojom
    Free Member

nope. i think Mr Innis and Mr Gunn made the decision that i was not to ride today…

dropoff

Had a quick spin this morning , full of comedy moments as we were riding on sheet ice for most of it 🙂

keyses2

Yep, had a a couple of hours out, the look of bewilderment on people's faces when encountering a girl on a mountain bike in the snow made it well worth it !! 😀

project
    Free Member

Cycling along today,along the promenade,and there was a scream behind me, an elderley lady,fell backwards on sheet ice,and cracked her head,massive lump,she was with 2 other people, and luckily her husband was stil at home and came to pick her up in the car.
    They didnt have a mobile,i did,so rang the husband.

Lesson learnt always carry a mobile.

househusband

Got back an hour or so; only out for an hour and a bit – several km… was hard work in several inches of snow that's starting to turn a tad slushy!

trail_rat
    Free Member

crazy icy today- did 2 hours

Feel much better now thanks to a change in diet and some new supplements – no cold extremitys anymore (not something ive been bothered with till the last 2 months) and more energy

got fed up of riding on glass in the end though.

[img]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_By42uYleqms/SzThubfGUTI/AAAAAAAAGKk/msmTp8Dkc2M/s512/sheetglass.jpg[/img]

leeson
    Free Member

i did some wheelies in the road for 30 minutes or so.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Did a short, local loop on the way into work this morning – R8 icy. Wonder how bad it'll be on the way home @ 20.00?

coastkid
    Free Member

great day out in east lothian, snow perfect on lammermuirs,around 6-9" frosted up tops…helped having the endomorph tyres.. 🙂

dropoff

Mrs Dropoff on her Birthday present :)was supposed to be lemon but ended up nuclear frog green so she's christened it "Sprout"

stratobiker
    Free Member

coastkid – what's that bike you are riding?

keyses – is that Malvern?
    SB

coastkid
    Free Member

stratobiker – Member

coastkid – what's that bike you are riding?

surly pugsley…bought for the beach but this winter so far been used for what made for… more info here…http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

devs
    Free Member

Took the dog for a walk and realised that an ice rink covered in a film of water is not the place for pedestrians (2 or 4 legged), cars or cyclists. Just mental. It's gonna freeze again tonight so I'll give it a go then but today was never gonna happen.

cragrat73
    Free Member

Went for a spin up salisbury plain, sheet ice everywhere. had a few moments before i was sliding down the road on my arse. just a banged elbow tho. really beautiful day tho, snow and clear blue skies, not a bad start to christmas day.

keyses2

Stratobiker – yes its Malvern and I live about 2 miles from the southern end 🙂

billysan
    Free Member

I went for a 13 mile ride arond the lanes with my mum (she's 63 so no jokes about poor effort please) down here in Devon. Glorious day out, and didnt see a soul. The majority missed out on a great day to be outside I reckon.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Blue skies around Salisbury, lovely day out although only managed about 20 miles. No real snow, few bits of interesting ice to be had.

Toombsy
    Free Member

My 10 year old daughter rode her xmas present – onza bird trial bike – I had a quick go too – teaching her endo's and bouncing on back wheel – great fun

Gephaudio
    Free Member

Rode Hindhead today, very misty but brightened up to blue skys, white Christmas my @r$£. Great to have that 'what have you done this morning' feeling at the dinner table.
    Mind you the cognac and mince pies were a welcome post ride nibble 😀

konajim
    Free Member

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad113/konajim1953/th_DSCF5075.jpg

xmas party today at Aros PARK tobermory

jim

konajim
    Free Member

konajim
    Free Member

no luck posting pics …….sorry

zangolin
    Free Member

2 hours this afternoon and not a soul in sight. Round West Wood and Haugh Woods, Herefordshire

Ride start in West Wood.

Looking out towards Beacon ridge from the back of Fownhope Park

Track coming down from back of Fownhope Park towards the Woolhope Road

Looking towards the western edge of Haugh Woods from the Fownhope to Woolhope road.

late afternoon sunshine – shadows in Haugh Woods

Ticklinjock

A hard hours riding today, soft snow wth a crispy coating.

devs
    Free Member

Well done Ticklinjock. Good dedication. That Swayndo is being gay and ,aking noises about it being too deep and having a sore knee. He's changed……….

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

We also rode Malvern yesterday – Christmas Day riding makes the day great 😀

Bit sketchy in places though 😯

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Been out the last two days. Stunning weather but difficult to make forward progress at times…

swiss01
    Free Member

just back in. pleasantly chilly. more snow. very slidy. great fun. nae pics tho

MrOvershoot

Not a bit of snow or ice here on the Wirral (as usual we don't get it) didn't manage to get a ride in either as there is just too much to do @ home.

tazzymtb

had an early morning single speed and sections that are usually gravel and rideable all year were 1/2" thik sheet ice, funny as hell but it made for some intersting hill climbing antics… power down on a frozen grassy bank/bermy bit, mince across ice vaguely aiming for anything with traction (leaves,tree roots, dead badger) as soon as the rear wheel doesn't spin out, sprint and aim for next bit of traction. Frozen horse poo is very grippy!

slugwash
    Free Member

We did a Boxing Day ride to Totnes and back. Almost all the ice had melted, the ground had thawed and it's all gone back to mud 🙁

One of our intrepid party suffered an 'overdone it a bit yesterday' Xmas relapse halfway round and had to call his domestic taxi to fetch him home 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Who's rode their bike today??pics…’ is closed to new replies.