Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Who's riding where then?
  • singlespeedstu

I’m off later today for a weekend of camping, drinking and riding in Rhayader. Got a new bike to try out too. Well new frame and fork anyway.

What’s everyone else up to?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Aston hill tomorrow methinks, if it dries out a bit

neallyman
    Free Member

Uplift at Innerleithen on Sunday, really looking forward to it.

flyingmonkeycorps

Trying out Lee Quarry on Sunday. Hoping for fun times!

_tom_
    Free Member

No more UK mtb’ing for me this summer, this weekend will be me sorting out my bike and packing it up ready for holidays 🙂

wl
    Free Member

Ayup Stu. Calderdale for me this weekend. What’s your new bike then? Enjoy your weekend away.

singlespeedstu

waves back to wl.

What’s your new bike then?

It’s a Canfield Brothers **** ugly thing. Rides well though.

Round and round a flat field in Derbyshire.

oldgit
    Free Member

Mleh…
    Training Saturday morning, then a club 10 in the afternoon.
    Sunday is our clubs open day, I’ll be taking newcomers around a 100km route.

See my other post if you fancy it.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Another Exmoor Explorer for me this weekend looks like a damp one this year :o(

simon1975

A whole week on the N.Yorks moors around Goathland with a visit to Dalby too, probably. Say Hi if you see a pink Inbred 😉

yunki
    Free Member

It’s my non-biking bezzer mates birthday bash.. so hungover.com mostly

monksie
    Free Member

Robin Hood’s Picking Rods, Middle Moor and Twenty Trees (as a descent – it’s been specifically requested) tomorrow although I’m not absolutely sure I know where Twenty Trees is.
    Road ride early Sunday. Nothing daft as both rides will have to be done on the ‘cross bike.

stanley

Twenty Trees is by the bw between Shooting Cabins and Hayfield (Closest one to Hayfield)

Edit- surely best as a climb up to Shooting Cabins, then down across Middle Moor if you could jiggle it around a bit?

jedi

i’m off to chamonix on sunday. woooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaaa 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks Stanley. Riding over from Marple to Picking Rods then toward Lantern Pike and then shooting Cabins. Is Twenty Trees the track down to the cottages on Kinder Rd or the the steep cobbled path down to the top end of Kinder Rd? Sorry, I don’t have a map to hand and I hate Street Map, Google Earth etc. on phone.
    My mate has seen Twenty Tress as a descent on Youtube but hasn’t ridden it before. I’ve done all the bridleways round there in both directions but I’ve not known the names of them other than Middle Moor

LoCo
    Free Member

Saturday between bars in Bristol ( and bike jumble) 😀
    Sunday Cwmcarn area with hungover Loco BM team members 😕

yossarian
    Free Member

Doing me first 100 miler on the road tomoz. Out very, very early for a lunchtime finish.

donsimon
    Free Member

Depends on the weather, but probably road stuff around Glyn Ceiriog/Llangollen possibly to Vyrnwy on Saturday, the more road stuff around Shrops.

amodicumofgnar

Now I’m back to proper biking rather than rail (trail) riding its business as usual with some stuff from the door. Starting now.

underthethumb
    Free Member

I am entered into my first race on Sunday, Rumble in the Jungle in Markham Park, Florida. about 120 entrants all in, I’m one of four in a team of guys I have only met recently and let me join in their team. So hopefully won’t make a proper horlicks of and ruin their day…

MartynS

*Hijack*

Is Twenty Trees the track down to the cottages on Kinder Rd

yep, at the top of the shooting cabin climb with the cabin itself on your left, turn right on the obvious track after the bridge.

IMHO not a great desent, to many gates., but I’m not the one riding it!!!!

tollah
    Free Member

SSing around the Forest of Dean for me 🙂

JAG

Exmoor Exploring again this year 8)

marsdenman
    Free Member

Llandegla on Sunday.
    Never been, looking forward to trails and cake with the boys.

chvck
    Free Member

Trying not to get lost on the Mach 3 trail, blatantly gonna get lost.

monksie
    Free Member

Fank Yew Martyn. I agree, it should be done going up and the steps to the stream going down but he doesn’t know the area and he’s seen it on Youtube.

theboatman
    Free Member

Doing the Phil Liggett on sunday because I am unfashionable and have no initiative.

amodicumofgnar

Round and round a flat field in Derbyshire.

Moved on from riding as much road as possible in an off road event then – well we haven’t had trailquest hoo-ha for a while 😉

rOcKeTdOg

home-warwick-stratford-bidford-alcester-home mix of off road and on

wallop

Brechfa all weekend, in the rain.

Diane
    Free Member

S U Way and Yair loveliness 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Who's riding where then?’ is closed to new replies.