Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Who’s riding on 25th December?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve been told I can’t see my daughter until 11am tomorrow so my planned hour on the bike will turn into a couple of hours instead. I’m thinking an early out the door gentle 30ish mile loop on quiet country lanes followed by a decent breakfast. Anyone else out?

soobalias
    Free Member

while waiting for the oil to work its magic on the front mech, i foolishly decided to pull a thorn from the front tyre.

now ive got a tubeless rim to clean reseat and re-jizz – so that will use up the remaining daylight today 🙂

tomorrow, im clear till about noon and if its not raining, will get a short ride in

crazyjenkins01

Me.
    Haven’t decided where/how long yet but that’s my plan.

TiRed

Always. Probably 80 km on the road. Son2 will be dropped off at work at 4am so I’ll go out early. We’ve already done Christmas dinner with family. So pressure is off.

ThePinkster

Not this year, no. Got a 170 mile round trip to drive instead, which I’d far rather be doing 😉

SaxonRider

Once the presents are open, the panetone eaten, and the coffee has kicked in, I will probably hit the road for a couple of hours while turkey gets prepared.

lunge

No, but will go for a quick run I think. Always nice to do something to wake myself up in the morning.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Every year without fail! I’ll be out for a quick blast of some local axle deep mud with my dad, sister and brother in law.

Extra special for me as my first new bike in over 7 years arrived yesterday and this will be the first ride on it.

Merry flipping Christmas!

reluctantjumper

Yep, either a road ride on the commuter bike or a lap of Cwmcarn. Depends on what time I wake up as I’ve got to be at my parent’s place for 2pm and I still have to wrap all the presents.

scotroutes

I was thinking about it but Lunge has given me another idea.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pre-lunch 10km run if time allows.

NewRetroTom

Might take the fat bike out for a quick lap on the icy-crusty snow. Will definitely go for a ski as well. It’s forecast to be an icy, sunny morning. Yay!

firestarter
    Free Member

No I’m working and on boxing day too then back on nights 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

Slam turkey in oven, then off out for an hour stop at pub and ride home.

forge197
    Free Member

No riding planned but expect to do a run probably 6 or 7 miles.

Mister-P
    Free Member

What’s with all the running? I was under the impression this was a cycling forum.

Paceman
    Free Member

Will be at the in-laws only 20mins down the road from Surrey Hills. Hoping to get a quick ride in the morning to brush the cobwebs before dinner and games.

jobro
    Free Member

I shall be taking part in the Rapha Festival 5. I think a quick 5 miles on the drier parts of Wareham Forest ( if I can find them) gives me plenty of time for family and friends.

Moe

Parkrun at 9.00!

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

hoping the woods that shan’t be named in Northumberland will be quiet tomorrow 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

What’s with all the running? I was under the impression this was a cycling forum.

Just trying to spice things up a bit, as you do in long term relationships.

Might do the run today and ride tomorrow instead actually, weather looking better then.

escrs
    Free Member

No chance tomorrow but New year’s eve ill be out on the Southdowns, just me my bike and some Exposure lights

The wife is taking our 3 year old to her friends for the evening and as i don’t drink and have no interest in making small talk with people i don’t talk to the rest of the year its an ideal time to go for a ride

Mister-P
    Free Member

have no interest in making small talk with people i don’t talk to the rest of the year its an ideal time to go for a ride

@escrs
    I like the cut of your jib

forge197
    Free Member

It’s good to mix up the riding and running, did an indoor ride today, mountain biked Sunday and run tomorrow. Good to have variety 🙂

skink2020

Head out about 8 after presents. Up through Glen Fruin and either round the peninsula or Glen Douglas. Day two of the festive 500.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’ve been told I can’t see my daughterthe pub doesn’t open until 11am tomorrow.

not sure if I’m riding or not, don’t like the low early sun but it should be very quiet.

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’ll be out for a bimble just to remember my cycling buddy and son who I lost 14 years ago now. His mountainbike is all ready and its looking like a nice day to be out on it.

sadmadalan

We are home, so the standard family poodle round the woods. Won’t be too far, too long as serious health issues limit what my son can do. But we’ll get out.

crazy-legs

Yes, crack of dawn ride, there’s a group meeting not far from me for a festive few laps of the park – presumably all the ones visiting family they’d rather not see or sneaking in an hour in between the day’s various present, cooking, in-laws and TV slots!

fathomer

Yep, me and the Mrs will be out for a road pootle before breakfast.

kerley
    Free Member

Yep, best day of the year for cycling, especially early in morning as pretty much nobody around.

bsims
    Free Member

Trying to persuade Mini to go on a pre present ride down the river, along the coast and then back along the lanes. He is not convinced so I expect I will be riding solo.

P20

I was planning on commuting, but will just take the van instead.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Try to get out for an hour plus first thing, off road, though have run, or done a white water paddle or a sea kayak paddle. Tradition in our house to do an hour or two first thing then back for b’fast and pressies. Lunch is later for us.
    Hope you all have a good one!

theboatman
    Free Member

I will be on my tod all day, so after dog walking and brekkie, I shall clear the cob webs with a rag around my local trails. Then I will be straight on the port and stilton.

singletrackmind

Road ride probably once the suns up a little , maybe 3hrs or so . If its brassic might bimble round the QE blue a few times instead
    Then round to next door neighbours for lunch around 1.30pm

gauss1777
    Free Member

Yes, crack of dawn ride

Hee, hee, that makes it sound early. Sunrise isn’t until 0842 here ; )

I now have plans for a wee cycle along the coast with daughter #1. Then back to hers for lunch, with the others coming after church. I have to go out now to daughter #1’s to leave her stocking at the end of her bed.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Ride the Malvern hills one end to other and back to Hollybush should be less people up there and the day is going to be dry and sunny rained most of today in Cheltenham.

dropoff

Yes definitely, not sure where yet but if it’s the first dry and sunny day for months then it would be rude not to.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Yes, a 50k ride from Bury to Cragg and Lee Quarry and back. The riding is great around there.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Who’s riding on 25th December?’ is closed to new replies.