Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Who’s put serious miles on Eagle?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’m interested in durability and reliability – any experiences?

Tracey

Our daughter has. Came on a 2017 Enduro, competed on it for the full year including a summer split between the Alps and Canada. Moved it all across to a 2018 frame and used throughout this year’s races and a 10 week trip. Swapped out for new stuff for the last two EWS races as it was jumping a bit in the bottom ring. It’s now in the spares box.

parkesie
    Free Member

I didn’t get to put many miles on my gx eagle mech before it spat its jockey wheels all over the trail.

tomhoward

About 1500 miles on XX1 here. Good as new.

chilled76
    Free Member

2000 ish on a GX eagle set up. 1x snapped chain. I’m in my 3rd set of jockey wheels as the bearings die quickly.

My chain needs changing asap

stumpy120
    Free Member

4 chains

1 mech destroyed by a stick

enigmas
    Free Member

Done 1200 miles on GX eagle.

The cassette has lost a lot of the black coating as expected but the tooth profiles unchanged and it shifts great still. I do have two chains that I swap over every 200 miles to match wear. The chainring is pretty battered and worn, with a few teeth missing but still haven’t dropped a chain!

The mechs are a different story though, first one a jockey wheel debonded and write off the mech but replaced on warranny. The second mech also lasted only 200 miles before bending after taking a few bits. The last one has been much better and still shifts well after 700 miles and some big hits. I did have a jockey wheel seize last week but had some spares from the previous mechs so not too fussed.

A mech hangar alignment tool is essential as well, even with a new hanger I couldn’t get it shifting quite right and it turned out it was every so slightly bent form the factory.

Dogsby

Hi,

Has anyone tried changing the bearings on the jockey wheels? I have just bought a new bike with Eagle GX and looking at £33 for a pair of jockey wheels £2.99 for a set of replacement bearings seems a lot cheaper.

Dogsby

padkinson
    Free Member

About 3300km on GX Eagle, one chain and cassette. That wasn’t intentional though, I let the chain go ever slightly too far, then a new one slipped in the 10t.
    I had the same jockey wheel issue as others have, but got hold of the upgraded jockey wheels which sorted it out. My mech has been properly out of shape at times, but the GX one is quite soft, so while it goes out of shape easily it’s also easy to bend back.

calv145
    Free Member

I have approx 1200 off road miles on mine, ranging from 70+ mile all day rides to 3 Enduro races, 1 downhill race and 3 uplift days. I just clean everything after each ride and that’s it, but after about 600 miles I replaced the chain and the new one just slipped badly on the bottom 4 cogs of the cassette. Back on with the old chain and it’s being run into the ground now to see how long it lasts. Still shifts fine at the moment despite a considerable amount of movement in the chain rollers.

I had 1 mech that destroyed itself when the chain came off the top jockey wheel but that was replaced under warranty and the new mech has been fine for 6 months.

Stranga
    Free Member

Got about 6 races and 700 miles of off road riding out of mine and it never missed a beat before the jockey wheel bolt sheared when riding along a fireroad, it was replaced under warranty without question but now running xtr 11 speed.

SirHC

1500miles on X01, on the second mech, first one died at 700miles (clutch and bearings). Have a second chain to go on, now I’ve cleaned all the gunk off the cassette (shit muc off lube).

Hopefully it lasts as long as my 11speed stuff (think I’m at 4000 miles on an X01 cassette).

hughjayteens
    Free Member

1500 miles inc on my XX1 Eagle – have changed the chain once but still on same cassette and ‘ring. Used in all weathers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Who’s put serious miles on Eagle?’ is closed to new replies.