Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Who’s piled on the lbs during lockdown?
  • ads678

I lost a bit before Christmas as I was doing the 100 days thing. then all exercise dropped off a cliff after Christmas as the lock down hit again and I was back working from home with 2 kids, whilst also having a loft conversion and loads of other work done to the house. It’s been a bloody nightmare. Haven’t weighed myself in a while but I reckon i’ve put a fair bit back on!

I’ve managed 3 rides this year and they’ve all been in the last week! Have been running a bit on a Sunday morning but need to start rampiing it up a bit now I’m getting a bit more time.

Don’t how people have a struggle to do 150 minutes per week.

Life innit, people have different stuff going on and different priorities.

lunge

Clicks on link to see which LBS is being piled on to.
    Releases lbs and LBS are 2 different things.
    Goes back to where he came from.

birky
    Free Member

At the start of the first lockdown I weighed 13/5. By mid June I was down to 11/11. Now back up over 13 stone again. Meh.

BillOddie

Not weighed myself for a bit (it’s a silly measurement) but judging by the shorts-o-meter I have put on a bit of weight.

Apparently lifting weights and eating biscuits is not conducive to maintaining a svelte physique.

ahsat

Yep! But more due to still not back to normal after COVID 3 months ago. Longest bike ride to date: 2 miles outside, 4.5 miles on the turbo. Not drinking alcohol but eating too much with little exercise =5-6 lbs on. Put my walking trousers on at the weekend and they felt rather snug!

dirkpitt74

Yes, quite a bit.
    I signed up to the chub-club on here, but this lockdown has really done my head in – completely opposite to last years where I dropped loads of weight….

wildfires3

I dropped 3.5 kg last year due to cycling all though Summer and Autumm. Put 2.5 of it back on…

Just not in muscle..

finbar
    Free Member

haven’t done a press up in years, but I could still crack out 100 right now if I wanted to…

@mboy
    that is madness. I do a set of press-ups to failure (or some sort of set of similar efforts) several times a week – I have done for years – and I can never get above 25 even on a really good day!

freeagent
    Free Member

I’m pretty much a stone heavier than this time last year.

Not good.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Another roller-coaster, I stress eat and I eat when I’m bored, two things in ample supply at the start of lockdown. I also starting drinking a lot more, not a lot per-se, but I went from 2-3 drinks on a Saturday night to 3-4 drinks Friday, Sat, Sun, the weight flew on.

Spent the rest of summer chipping away at it, then came Xmas, that was 2Kgs on, chipped off 4Kgs in Jan. Had an Op in Feb which meant sat on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. I still can’t ride but I’m walking 5kms a day at the moment in my lunch break up and down a hill, which according to local legend is actually a Mountain, Huge Grant starred in a Film about it, anyway. I’m currently running a 1000cal a day deficit on diet and another 500 from the walking.

ajantom

Annoyingly, even though I cycled more last year than any year in the previous 10, I’m within 0.5kg of the same weight I’ve been for 15 years.
    That 0.5kg goes over or under the weight depending on that days food.

I’m slightly overweight according to my GP (though I put it down to my massive cyclists thighs!) But it’s obviously the weight my body has decided it’s happiest at.

handybar
    Free Member

Working from home is not good for losing weight.
    Saying that, now the weather is better, I’m going out for a lunchtime walk most days.
    Unfortunately I have a tendancy to walk to the local kebab place.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Working from home is not good for losing weight.
    Saying that, now the weather is better, I’m going out for a lunchtime walk most days.
    Unfortunately I have a tendancy to walk to the local kebab place.

My mrs claims she walks during the day WFH. I suspect she may be doing the same thing 😂

chakaping
    Free Member

Managed to keep to the same weight, but it’s been harder from December to March

+1

I’ve actually stayed EXACTLY the same weight for months and months now, even when doing dry Jan and theoretically reducing my calorie intake a fair bit.

I was starting to find it frustrating, but on reflection I think it’s a win not to have put on any timber over the winter.

Watty

Lost around 9lbs after a very serious accident last Sept, mainly due to muscle wastage and an opioid induced drinking ban. Lots of physiotherapy, hours on the turbo and a minimal beer intake means it’s pretty much back on, but muscle rather than fat.

momo

Back in 2019 I’d piled on a bit and was up to 109kg after LittleMissMomo2 was born, just before the first lockdown started I was down to 102kg.

I caught Covid mid March last year, then having the kids at home for 3 months until their nursery opened up again I had no time/energy or inclination for getting out on the bike. MrsMomo and I ended up drinking every night and working from home means that the snack cupboard is just too handy, I ended up at 114kg at the start of this year.

I’ve knocked the drinking back to weekends only and just one bottle of wine or a few cans for the whole weekend. I’m back down to 110kg this morning, but there’s a hell of a long way to go yet.

ajt123
    Free Member

Lost 10kg in spring Lockdown 1. I was riding 2 hour sessions 4 days a week, plus the wife was like a hawk on food.

Put all back on over the next 9 months….

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Who’s piled on the lbs during lockdown?’ is closed to new replies.