Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Who's out riding New Years Day then?
  • stewartc
    Free Member

Just been out for a climb up to the Ngong Ping budda, maybe 600-700 mtres up followed by quick cheeky run down to home, its a nice sunny day with a slight chill in the air day in Lantau.

Happy New Year

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Just back from the NYD ride. Was on my own as no bugger could be roused to come along.
    Started out humid and dusty. Had a couple of light showers towards the end. Not enough to dampen down the dust which can get quite irritating. I think I have hit on the optimum rubber option though. Advantage front and SB8 on the rear. Fat Freds on the big bike are better on the grip front but overkill.
    So 2014 could be the ear of hoovering up all the 26 inch Advantage I can find once I have made sure of the findings. Happy New Year all!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wehey Me!!

I’m off, it’s raining again, I’m wrapped up again..

L8ters Y’all 😆

Happy New Year All.. 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spin
    Free Member

Off out ski touring in about 10 mins. Seems to be a wee window in the weather before the grot sets back in!

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Aye off in an hour or so, right in the middle of the grotty stuff. Up on Ridgeway for a couple of hours.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Probably a short road ride with the daughter (10) on her new road bike followed by a faster blast for my to blow the weeds out.

Can’t be arsed with a mountain bike ride though.

Mackem

It’s a 2 cup morning, so I’ll be out in 30 minutes or so.

roach

May force myself to go for a spin. It sure is hideous out there though!

jamiep
    Free Member

This thread is just what i need to get out. Needing a second coffee first, but I’m forcing myself. Before setting off one always forgets that is the hardest part and it’s fun once out there

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hideous weather today so I’m going to do tomorrows work and then ride in Thursdays sunshine.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Blowing a hooley in Somerset with sideways rain, think I might pass on a ride till it’s calmed down a bit

Alex

My plan was to stay in bed until it stopped raining. However a quick look at the forecast on my phone suggested that lie-in would run until about March. It’s absolutely horrible out there. I think it’s full waterproofs for an extended dog walk. Not sure I can face riding in this – might put me off for all of 2014!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Back before it started raining here 🙂 Nice 25 miles on the Tripster around the lanes. Too much cloud to see the sun *actually* rise on 2014, but it definitely got lighter around 8ish… Happy New Year you lot.

Nipper99
    Free Member

10.00am and getting darker wetter and windier in Swansea.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I am. It’s only rain, got to take the opportunity when there’s a day off work. Even plan to go xc through some mud….blimey.

sam3000

Back from my proposed ride. 27miles. Lovely morning

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I was going to, but woken up to sideways torrential rain…

As much as I like being out on my bike, that’s not much fun.

mattbee

My handy excuse I’d that the guests who stayed over last night still haven’t surfaced from the spare room, which is where my riding kit is stored.. Would be rude to wake them just for that so I’ll just have to sit here drinking coffee & hope the rain eases a little for this afternoon…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Was going too, but I got so wet yesterday in the peaks that I can’t face it again today…my shoes still haven’t dried out despite being on a radiator all night. The top of Stanage was pretty grim yesterday and the descents were like riding through streams. I did enjoy it though, but it can’t cope with too many rides like that on the trot.

scotroutes

Fantastic morning here in Aviemore but I have a van load of kit to sort out from yesterdays ride (and my legs are tired……)

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nah, the weather is cheap here and I’ve got Christmas decs to take down

Olly
    Free Member

Exeter: wetter than an otters pocket, we can here water running down the inside of the chimney. perhaps tommorow 🙁

hammyuk
    Free Member

40+ gusts and solid rain…… Sod that!
    Gaggia is on, tunes are on and chilling till my pick my youngest up later for her b’day – CARVERY!!!

Haze

Postponed until tomorrow, clear day forecast.

May treat myself to a steady session on the turbo…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ride postponed until tomorrow, wind trying to blow the back door in!!
    Patio furniture AWOL and there’s a river running down the lane.
    Time to head for the garage and rebuild the SS Full Susser.

Mackem

Nice little spin, got back just as the rain and wind started.

TiRed

Torrential rain, huge gusts. Just right for road racing at Hillingdon. I am the in-laws, sadly. Back commuting tomorrow though 😀

martinhutch

Effing horrible outside just now. The garage is calling me…

mlke
    Free Member

Been out in frosty Northumberland- I think the sh1te weather hits us until the afternoon

oldgit
    Free Member

We went out, but I called it in. Pushing it to get up to 11 mph. The temp and rain were fine, but the winds were dangerous. One of our very quick ladies is about 7 stone and can get blown clean over.
    Back to work tomorrow, so hopefully the weekend wont be so windy.

ton

me and mrs ton have been for a couple of hours. was nice and quiet. 8)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just been out on the road bike before the weather hit, 27 miles around Rossendale – how can the wind be in my face all the way round a loop?

crossland
    Free Member

I did just under 30 miles round the north cotswolds, it was interesting, normally takes me an hour and a half or so to the ride I did today, nearly 2 hours today due to the wind, was wet but at least not too cold

carlos
    Free Member

Just got back in after a 35km local loop with Stu. OMFG!! You know it’s rough out when you have to pedal down Charity lane and across Danebower to the A54 was almost walking pace with the wind and piercing rain.

Still I’ve been out, got blown around, soaked to the skin, muddy, chilled down to the tiny bones in my feet, had a right giggle and a good chat. Defo feel better for it than just slumped on the sofa.

😀

simmy
    Free Member

” just nipping out for an hour ” famous last words 😀

That was a brill ride overall, very little traffic so took the road bike. Flying along, thought I was finally able to keep some speed up for long intervals, turned a corner and realised it was the wind pushing me previous.

Then the rain came. Top speed 34 mph, average 12 mph over 18 miles. Its been a while since I’ve just really wanted to get home.

Walking pace on return journey and got blown off the pedals going over the motorway bridge, still loved it though.

Gilles

Rain all day here, so just managed to clean up the bike from yesterday muddy ride, ready for tomorrow when it will be nice and sunny.

mrphil
    Free Member

Quick 20 mile coast ride on a local bridle way. Legs and feet were numb so good ot be showered and ready for the rest of the day.

Shame I am in work at 10pm 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ewe.
    Drip.
    Ewe.
    Sniff.
    Ewe.
    Drip.
    Drip.
    Drip.

I’m back, ewe, drip 😆

dabble
    Free Member

Right, I’m off out, best start as I mean to carry on. Happy New Year all.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

im off out for a couple of hours in a couple of hours,

i don’t care its raining, i don’t care its windy, i NEED to go out for my own sanity, 10 constant days of work and rushing around

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Who's out riding New Years Day then?’ is closed to new replies.