Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Who's on Twitter?
  • Blackhound

@blackhound59 – Do a bit of sleb stalking (Dara O’Brian, Caitlin Moran, Jane Garvey, Rio Ferdinand I think) and the rest are mostly bike related.

Post random, boring, stuff but it keeps me amused.

Nobody really famous follows me, Jill Homer, Kent Peterson and Orena45 being the most famous. But MrsB is followed by Michael D. Higgins! (President of Ireland for those not follwoing recent international news)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

@JohnClimber I’m on there just to stalk @_rOcKeTdOg_

rOcKeTdOg

Be warned I upset a lot of people in twitter if I don’t think they are coming up to scratch, need to cull soon too

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m there…but pretty inactive lately.

@deadlydarcy

Cougar

I think I’m going to follow @_rOcKeTdOg_ just so as I can delete him. (-:

mogrim

Just realised I’vestarted following a whole load of you, as if I didn’t get enough of you on here! @mogrim, comes with free Spanish classes too 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am signed up, but the profoundness of my musings can’t possibly fit into 140 characters so I stick to my blog and just use it to get updates from a few people really.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@mogrim, comes with free Spanish classes too

Olé

mogrim

Olé, olé y olé.

rOcKeTdOg

I think I’m going to follow @_rOcKeTdOg_ just so as I can 🙁 .delete him

Better stop following my flickr account too

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When that tune is sung, is there an “y” in there then, between the last two “olés”?

CountZero

I’m on there. Signed up ages ago but couldn’t think what to do with it. Started going on there again after the Japan tsunami, and boingboing.net had a feature about a journalist from the NYT in Japan who was Tweeting about it.
    Then started picking up on others Tweeting about the Arab Spring thing.
    William Gibson, (@greatdismal), Duncan Jones, (@manmademoon), are a couple of people I follow, along with
    Cerys Matthews and Lauren Laverne, but, to be honest, I can go a week or more between visits, and very rarely
    post anything, and even then it’s usually just a reply to another post.
    My Twitter name reflects my online presence perfectly: @phasmainmachina
    And if anyone imagines that following me might result in me posting anything insightful, well Satan will
    host the Winter Olympics before that ever happens. 😛

wallop

I love twitter. Last night I learned that if you live in one of the rather pleasant parts of northern Spain, you shouldn’t spill red wine on your carpet, as you won’t have the right ingredients to sort it out! 😆

Cougar

Better stop following my flickr account too

Why else do you think I started following it?

(Ok, it was Bourbonhenge)

jojoA1
    Free Member

I treat it like a quick dip into a trashy magazine or newspaper combined with some gossip/chat with friends. Some news, some funny stuff and some proper communication. Good for whiling away the times when you would flick through the aforesaid magazines/newspapers.

@jojoa1

orena45

I’m, surprisingly, ‘orena45’ on Twunter.

You’re way more famous than me Kev (@blackhound), you’ve done proper bike rides and starred in podcasts as a result and that 🙂

Anyway, my claim to fame is that Twitter legend, Mr Stephen Fry follows me (ok, and 10,000 odd others…but he still follows me)!

Harry_the_Spider

me

@harrythespider

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

@traditionalsurf

rOcKeTdOg

Why else do you think I started following it?

(Ok, it was Bourbonhenge)

you can’t beat a biscuit (prefer Custard Creams tho)

LoCo
    Free Member

@locotuning, quite dull though unless I’m really cross 😉

Edit: rocketdogs blocked me, was I something I said 😥

Taff
    Free Member

Just opened my account – ArchComplainer

Loving your profile pic!

@dialledbikes

pretty slack at tweeting though (mainly cos I have nowt interesting to tweet)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I’ve been on there for a little while, @trustyrusty10

Interesting way of keeping up with things i find, although i dont lead an interesting enough life to tweet much myself.

grantway
    Free Member

Nope just do not see the point
    Just fall of Dopey attention seekers

Oh Guess where I am

And then you have the Twatters

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Just started following a few of you, you’d better be more interesting than me.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I’ve just followed a few of you lot 😛
    I’m @becky_kirk43
    I expect there’s an occasional “good” tweet amongst the many dull, grumpy or mundane ones! 😛

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t think I really get twitter. I’ve had an account for years but never yet seen anything remotely interesting on it other than stuff posted by brian cox, and even then it’s sometimes a bit dull. I tried searching for stuff but rarely get anything that relates to what I want to see and often contains a bunch of inaccurate, stupid comments about unrelated nonsense. I feel like I SHOULD like it and it should be a useful resource but I can’t help but feel it’s about free commercial entity publishing and teenagers waffling ~140 character insults.

mrmo
    Free Member

i have an account but just doesn’t really interest me any more, find G+ seems to offer a bit more interactivity and better linking through to other resources.

DickBarton

I’m on it but have nothing interesting to post…mainly due to me having no life for last 6 months…I used to post a daily post of colour of underwear (and not post anything else) – did that for a fortnight and ended up with about 80 followers – weirdos!

I then did an ‘experiment’ with some of that shiney hair shampoo – washed one arm in that and the other in soap to see if it made a difference…and I tweeted about that…

Twitter is effectively me talking to my conscience…it doesn’t interact when I talk direct to it as I’m THAT boring.

@dick_barton – but seriously, it isn’t for the sane, suicidal or intelligent!

Aidan
    Free Member

@AidanHarding It’s interesting when I’m doing something interesting like organising SSUK or racing the Divide. A bit boring when I’m drowning in work (and currently snot, too).

For people to follow @MTFU_Training is funny.

Kato

@Jonny_Kato

although it just makes me realise how mundane my life is!

Kato

Blimey, becky_kirk43 is tweeting machine!

crazy-legs

For people to follow @MTFU_Training is funny.

They’re very good. @MarkCavendish is worth following as well, even if you’re not into road cycling, he tweets some funny stuff.

I only got into it recently when I got a smartphone and only really follow some MTBing mates and some cycling journalists, it’s useful for arranging rides and just seeing what’s going on in the world of cycling.
    If anyone is desperately bored though I went for the highly original name/year of birth: @jameslyon77

DavidB
    Free Member

The STW business plan is on Twitter today @singletrackmark

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Yup, I’m @2wheels1guy
    I mainly stalk bike industry stuff & comedians.
    Recommend @ThePoke @Slashleen @ShitMyDadSays & @TFLN for a giggle.

miketually
    Free Member

Right, I’m following all of you now I think.

#waitsforsomethinginterestingtohappen

yodagoat
    Free Member

I ****. I’m not very good though.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Ha ha ha, I can’t believe STW censored me!!
    I use twatter, I’m still not very good though.

unsponsored
    Free Member

@Unsponsoredcouk kayaking and outdoors bits/bobs

bellys
    Free Member

@chris39sheldon add me ya want

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Who's on Twitter?’ is closed to new replies.