Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Who's off to the 6 Day London?
  • dantsw13

I’m off on tues night with my daughter. We went last year – great event, fun format. Looking fwd to seeing Wiggo/Cav racing.

clodhopper
    Free Member

I can get free tickets for this. But we’re away for a few days from Wednesday. 😡 Typical!

Enjoy, anyone who’s going!

PS; anyone taking a camera? Would be nice to see some shots from there!

theotherjonv

Going friday, with the kids.

Have booked a park at my house spot over near Homerton, so will be walking back away from the shopping centre. What’s the area like, along the Eastway probably as assume there’ll be lots of cars about?

theotherjonv

anyone?

mudmonster
    Free Member

Got a ticket through my company for tonight 🙂

benp1

Anyone want to give me some of the free tickets that seems to be everywhere?! 😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Is Wiggins definitely turning up? His allergies stopped him from racing Abu Dhabi and attending the Olympic celebration, aww bless poppet, but I assume they have pollen filters on the aircon at the velodrome?

clodhopper
    Free Member

“Anyone want to give me some of the free tickets that seems to be everywhere?!”

Quite a number of ‘freebies’ through corporate sources as mentioned, or via local community organisations etc. There’s often quite a few free entries, as event organisers often struggle to fill such venues, believe it or not. My wife took a group to a basketball event at the copper box, and said there was hardly anyone there.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Anyone know how long it lasts?
    Cheers!

curto80
    Free Member

Finishes at 10.30 each night apparently

theotherjonv

I know it’s just for season end shits and giggles, but anyone else watching this? Fab night last night and just watching a massive attack in the madison tonight by Cav and Wiggo.

weeksy

It’s been very exciting to watch. If I’d known more about it I’d have certainly been there.

dantsw13

Yes – went to the first night and watched every night since. Loving it! I find the sprinters a bit same-same.

dantsw13

Oh, and yes – free tickets!!

theotherjonv

If I’d known more about it I’d have certainly been there.

next years tickets go on sale Monday apparently….. for the ‘club’ member. I’ll post up once they’re on general release.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Took clients on Thrusday eve and had tickets for the bar on the inside of the track.

And that’s exactly what is was like…. In a bar with “free” beer while bike racing happened around you.

Around being the operative word…. To keep your eye on a rider or the action you had to keep turning around anticlockwise on the spot.

dantsw13

If Cav/Wiggo had even tried on the longest lap races, they’d have won on points.

weeksy

Was still brilliant racing though. I’m not really sure how they got it wrong there, it was clear they needed to chase the Belgians harder or hit the front like lunatics again when they caught up… but it was probably just too late then…

Either way, it was properly exciting and great riding from both teams.

dantsw13

Agreed. Interesting g interview with De Ketele afterwards – they didn’t try and win the Derney Race to save themselves for the Madison.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Who's off to the 6 Day London?’ is closed to new replies.