Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • whos not in the UK
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

adrianp7, we chatted briefly on here shortly before you left (you posted about your last ride on Box Hill I think) for Vancouver. mrs deadly and I are thinking about making the move and I just wanted to hear about your experiences. Any chance I could e-mail you? You can get me on darcyciaran [at] mac [dot] com

eckinspain
    Free Member

Madrid. Been here exactly 2 years and besides a rubbish job it’s great. Riding is surprisingly good, though I’m currently without a bike as some Spanish ned nicked it. Using the time to get in some snowboarding and planning to get a Soul!

upanddownhill
    Free Member

Tyrol, Austria. Moved out permanently, coming up to 2 years ago now. Busy times, but loving every minute.

Brainflex

whakatane NZ for me. Moved out here 2.5 years ago and am loving it. Last 2 winters were dryer and sunnier than a UK summer.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am in the exotic GeodieLand which is not part of UK but somewhere where women dress very little due to the sunny all year round condition here.

😆

Burts
    Free Member

Also living in Vancouver now, moved here last Easter with the Mrs. All good so far, don’t think we’ll be rushing back to the UK anytime soon.

Deadly – feel free to ping any of your questions my way if you want.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m in the Cayman Islands, on board the motor yacht ‘Mine Games’ Not much space for biking though! AM I BOTHERED??

Bunnyhop

Here in Salt Lake city. It’s snowing, put down at least 30c.m. in the last 12 hours.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im in new zealand atm …. been on the road riding round the country for 2 and a bit months now …

got to go back to the uk in 6 weeks though 🙁

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – I know what you mean. Im based in Boulder, Colorado at the moment, warmest temp today was -11C. but the biking here is fantastic, I can get a free bus ride (with my bike) to the local ski resort! bring on the summer

bigrich

clock watching in melbourne, waiting till home time so i can ride my whizzy carbon fibre road bike to the park for an esky of beer, football and bbq (its 38 degrees today)

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Last week

Orwell was a f#$king optimist.

Fidge
    Free Member

Living in the Waikato, New Zealand, close to the beaches and the trails. i know its a crappy job, but someone has to do it.

fontmoss
    Free Member

In Madrid near Eck, bike still not been stolen but now lack riding partner 🙁

mogrim

Near Madrid, with bike. And various riding partners.

edd

Dubai, UAE

shiny
    Free Member

Live in Malaysia, just outside KL, Petronas twin towers visible from my front garden. 35degrees everyday but awesome place to live and travel from. Also, more good quality bike pimpery here than most other places.

Lots of singletrack and technical downhill / freeride stuff as well as jungle trails on my doorstep. Very hot though…

At present have no desire to return to UK – sounds like it is going down the pan…and fast….

cheers
    all
    Shiny

agent_f

Also in Stavanger, Norway. I wonder if there are sufficient Stavanger based STW’ers to meet up for some muddy trails?

kiwijohn

Not, in fact, in NZ.
    Been living in Hobart, Tasmania for nearly 9 years. Trails are right over the road.

alpin
    Free Member

servus aus bayern!

es überrascht mich wie viele leute es aus england hier in deustchland sind.
    wir können ein biken treff organizieren.

i’m in germany, currently in Muncih but was last year in Lindau on Lake Constance (Bodensee). a great place in summer. 30+ degrees, the alps a five minute ride away and the lake for a cooling off on the way back. lots going on in summer too. winter is a bit of a drag as the cloud forms in the valley over the lake shrouding everything in a thick fog.
    thinking of finding a job some where south of munich or salzberg or innsbrück.

no real desire to be in the uk. was out yesterday for a days boarding. the alps are always there (although i find munich is too far away compared to Lindau). all i really miss is proper chips and bacon.

language is a shitter at first. some cultural quirks nervt like people trying to get on a train before you can get out and everyone wearing massive jackets and scarves despite it being +5 outside and a fear of open windows and a draft. to combat the last one they have a daily luftung. that is they open all windows for two minutes to draw the air through and then close them up tight again.

J

mugsys_m8

Mrs Mugsy, Little Mugsy and me (and in fact Mugsy..) now live in a very small village about 40km to the east of Lyon, near a typical picture postacrd french medieval market town (Cremieu).

Been here since October. Hectic move and still adjusting but fun.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I am also a resident of Germany. Have been here for nearly nine years (gulp!) and before that China for two years. I can sympathise with alpin’s sentiments.

SST
    Free Member

Johannesburg – South Africa.

🙂

coolfurcats
    Free Member

Any STW’rs in or around the ULM area? I’m near Blaubeuren. Unlike Alpin I don’t see other Brits round here at all. Except when I’m out boarding in the Alps, then you can’t move for them/us, whatever… 🙄

alpin
    Free Member

glad to say i also do not see many other englanders.

although munich is full of seppos and other english speakers.

i do not understand these groups that meet up because everyone there is an english speaker. why do i want to meet up with people with whom all i have in common is the language.

although we could still do a biketreff when the snow has cleared. we like bikes and bikes are cool.

J

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

managed to arrange a month in the South of France just north of Beziers, brought bike and have been putting in lots of miles in amazing Languedoc scenery and predominantly good weather. not really looking forward to going back to flat, wet, grey UK in 10 days. maybe I should find a job somewhere nice?

markgraylish
    Free Member

North Shore, Vancouver, BC.
    The best trails in the world (so everyone tells me) are mere minutes away.

Loving it (though the mtb trails are frozen solid at the moment and I’m having to resort to skiing, boarding or snow-shoeing)

jimmy

Can someone in Germany with a camera send me an e-mail if you fancy doing a wee small favour?

jameshatfield at hotmaildotcodotuk

cheers

jimmy

I mean danke mahlzeit

alpin
    Free Member

jimmy, check mail.

footstomper
    Free Member

Im in lancashire but actually thought I was in Poland! 😕

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘whos not in the UK’ is closed to new replies.