Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Whos off to the Alps
  • Tracey

Last day at work, we set off tomorrow for 2 weeks with Bike Verbier. Looking to ride other areas on the days off, probably Vallorcine on the middle Saturday and Pila the following Wednesday. I will be on my trusty Enduro with new Lyrik forks, the girls will be riding a pink Reign and a yellow Coiler, Kevin will be on his SX
    Who else is going out in the next 2 weeks, if you see us give us a wave

Tracey

freeridenick
    Free Member

Tomorrow as well for a week.
    Probably a few days in Chamonix, a day in Verbier, Pila maybe and some
    Might do the Grand st bernard route that Phil and Lucy showed us last year 😉
    and some stuff local to us in Samoens where we are staying.

Tracey

What will you be riding

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    freeridenick
    Free Member

Ah yes. Trek Remedy, Giant Reign, Santa Cruz bullit. I bought those 66 forks off you a few years back but sold them on recently otherwise you could have looked out for those!

RealMan
    Free Member

Going on friday to bike village for a week. Cant wait

fozzybear
    Free Member

just got back from Les Arcs… 🙁 miss it already

the GF loved it… wants to spend a month there next year!! 8) 😀 have fun, take pictures and don't crash (i have friends in les arc right now, broken wrist, broken elbow, heat stroke and smashed bike, not all the same person :lol:)

Tracey

Thought I reconised your profile, will keep a look out

Tracey

smeg
    Free Member

Off Friday night for a Drive to the Alps, spending a week with Trailaddiction…First time for me and really looking forward to it now.

Ambrose

Off to Morzine on Sunday, driving down, arriving Tuesday? Meeting up with Munkster and some from MTB_Wales too.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Likewise, say hi to P & L.
    Nick

reggiegasket
    Free Member

08 we did Morzine and 09 in Verbier and had a great time.

To appease the missus, this year we went on a beach holiday in southern Spain. No biking, too hot, not happy! 👿

RichPenny
    Free Member

Leaving Friday morning for a leisurely cruise to Les Arcs, staying with Trail Addiction. Travelling via Beaune or Chablis on the way there, Reims on the way back. 😀 See you there Smeg!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Reggie, you werent far from some great biking in the Sierra Nevada!

fozzybear
    Free Member

smeg you'll have a great time.. been out with them twice… top ppl. great laugh..

DezB
    Free Member

Me! flying out to Munich on Wednesday. riding through Austria, Switzerland and into Italy.
    S'fuggin exciting innit! 😀

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Off to Les Arcs Friday! 😀

Last day at work today too (thank goodness, this holiday has felt like a long time coming!)

fozzybear
    Free Member

bahhh you gits!!! have fun..

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Tracey, I'm organising a trip to stay a friends chalet in Chamonix. Just wondering if you know how long/far it is to Verbier from there. Are you driving between them? I'd ask if it was worth a visit, but I'm pretty sure the answer will be a big yes.

munkster
    Free Member

As Ambrose says, off to Morzine for the first time soon – been poring over the VTOPO book to try and work out what routes will be good without scaring the missus (or me for that matter) too much…

freeridenick
    Free Member

chamonix – verbier is about an hour. Park in Le Chable at the bottom of the Valley though as there is a gondola up to Verbier so you avoid the final drive. you also get to ride all the way down at the end of the day, which means you can ride Vertigo, Nuthouse etc

Tracey

Well worth the visit, as said above park at the bottom, alot more parking spaces as there is normally a horse show and a festival at this time of the year so parking could be limited in Verbier , and get the lift up

Some pic of last years visit

http://kevinlawton6103.fotopic.net/c1564172.html

Tracey

Dave
    Free Member

Off a week tomorrow, but going to the Julian Alps

:o)

Edcase
    Free Member

Definitely try to make it across to Pila, drove there last year from Verbier across the grand st bernard, had the car for it too, was a great road!

Some video from Pila here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5rFpMiZWq0 and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=incbKzf5PN0

I was there a few weeks back with the new contour HD headcam, will upload that asap!

It was HOT!!

And that was at 9am 😉

Ed

goog
    Free Member

off to Les Arcs friday 8)

Tracey

video looks good, was thinking about doing this

is it any good

Tracey

freeridenick
    Free Member

DH1 looks really flowy. tracey I have heard very good things about that section back to Aosta 🙂

Edcase
    Free Member

Yep that last section to the valley is AMAZING.

However, at the moment they are building a new piste where it starts, so it's not obvious how to get there. IT IS WORTH FINDING!!!

From the bottom of the 4-man chairlift that takes you up the final section, ride down the set of stairs behind the restaurant there, turn immediately right in the car park, ride down the rough fire road and up the other side, you should then see the start in the tree line. It's one of my favourite sections of trail in the world, has a bit of everything. VERY steep in places, fast singletrack in places, some 4-5ft drop offs, a little ridgeline riding, and a crazy fast section through trees to end.

Enjoy!! Very jealous 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Already been. Was ace.

Edcase
    Free Member

Here is a top-to-bottom descent in Verbier…great trail, gets VERY interesting about 3 minutes in. At that point we couldn't physically turn back if we wanted to 🙂

Del.
    Free Member

Going to Verbier on the 22nd Aug to see Auntie Lucy & Uncle Phil (Bike Verbier)

Cant wait :o)

freeridenick
    Free Member

Edcase, the lower half of that trail is called Nuthouse by Bike Verbier – lovely stuff

Edcase
    Free Member

Nuthouse indeed 🙂

PaperLawyer
    Free Member

Off on Thursday next week for a long weekend in Les Gets with Alpine Elements. Took my Epic to Chamonix and hoping to find it more fun on a Kona full sus this year!

edd

Off to the Himalayas tomorrow – 17 days with my bike.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cakeeater
    Free Member

Long weekend in Kitzbuhel but not until September.

amodicumofgnar

Lake District to Interlaken at the end of next month. Riding the Oldman-Jungfrau to watch some mates run the Jungfrau Marathon, always entertaining as they are the only ones fancy dress (cavemen this year) which always gets a good response.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Off to Morzine/Les Gets on the 13th for six days then down to southern Italy for a wedding. Then have another six days at an undecided location. Any suggestions? Can't wait as this is my first time biking in the Alps. Kinda nervous as I will be on my own for most of it(wife doesn't really ride much and my mate is only over for a long weekend).

naokfreek
    Free Member

Going to champery, verbier and Finale? in itali….10 days. Leave on the 15th aug, should be a corker if i don't **** myself up again….

At least when we get back the bloody weather should be better…..

fozzybear
    Free Member

Cake eater out of interest where are you from?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Heading off next week for a week – but biking ain't the main focus. Will be near Sion. Should get in a day or two biking tho

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Whos off to the Alps’ is closed to new replies.