Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Who's hoping for a snowy ride tomorrow ?
  • landcruiser
    Free Member

So the snow is coming tomorrow ! I obviously will be unable to work productively, so I am getting excited at the prospect at a snowy ride ! 😀

Is it definitely going to happen ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

snowed allready but only a few cms
    I have the day of work Friday
    is EXCITED

yunki
    Free Member

well…. I’m tentatively hoping..

we’ve been forecast an inch or two overnight here in Devon, followed by a day of rain though so it’s not looking hopeful 🙁

marvincooper

working from home tomorrow 🙂 bring it on!

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll be having a snowy ride into work tomorrow.

Hopefully even more fun than the snowy ride to work last Monday…..and and the icy ride in on Tuesday

At least I’m getting use out of the Ice Spikers.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m waxing my skis.

simondbarnes

Hoping for a snowy commute although 43km each way on ice tyres is hard work!

MoreCashThanDash

43km!!!!!!!!!!

My 12 miles each way is hard enough

nuke

Definitely looking forward to a bit of snow in the Surrey Hills. Hoping Leith will be like this again…

Fingers crossed 😀

thomthumb
    Free Member

ice tyres are on…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I might get a few miles in at lunch time

P20

Had a great ride around Blanchland today.

nuke

Its coming down! 😀 Right, Denbies, Box and Westcott (bakery) he we come

senorj

I’m off out for a play in an hour or so.
    By the looks of it I may have to wear safety specs!steamy!

weeksy

I’m waiting fot the snow to stop. Snow good, snow blasting in face all ride… bad.

porter_jamie

me me me! have a pedal round epping planned. hopefully the ground will be frozen a bit so it wont be the usual mudfest.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have though ICE tyres would be much cop in SNOW surely. Only when it gets ICY!

andrewni
    Free Member

Hoping for minimal snow today/tomorrow, I’ve got a 200 mile round trip to pick up a bike tomorrow morning. Ideally a blizzard on Saturday night setting up a snowy ride on Sunday would be just fine

allthepies
    Free Member

Correct, they’re not. But when you link up offroad bits with onroad sections and all the snow has been compacted then they do offer some more grip.

trickydisco
    Free Member

me later on.. They’ve closed the uni where i work. Time to hit the trails 🙂

binners

Snowy ride planned for tomorrow. The planned Wales trip is off. Sod driving!!! Its out-and-out dossing around time in’t local hills. I might do Cragg Quarry. I reckon that’ll be a right old laugh 😀

Carax
    Free Member

Hope you all survive.
    I will be by the fireside with a bucket of mulled wine.

wl
    Free Member

Yesterday’s snowy ride was epic and mint. Looking forward to another tomorrow.

So how do I get an image to show here?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hopefully out in an hour or two!

wl
    Free Member

[/url]
    Widdop2 by Will Lake, on Flickr[/img]

Sandwich

Watch out for snow filled holes! I have dropped the bike into the local shop after creating a pringle on the commute in. (last time I rode that way to work the hole wasn’t there!) Thank heavens for Lefty forks or I would have been walking 8 miles!

elzorillo
    Free Member

Did one last night BRRRR!!!

globalti
    Free Member

I’ll put the offroad tyres on the crosser this evening…. except that we haven’t actually had much snow yet in Lancashire!

Off to the Alps on Sunday though for a week of skiing – yeehah!

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m working from home today (incedental and not weather related), but think that I may well have a break and go and take the hardtail for a play!

Heading out early tomorrow to Cannock for a blast around the Monkey and Dog. Should be fun…although I’m going to be chilly due to the lack of long legged cycling gear!

trusty

I’ll be riding later this afternoon around a snowy Bringewood, can’t wait.

What tyres for riding in snow? 😉

spawnofyorkshire

nice pic wl, i grew up the other side of the hill and used to go bouldering round there

wl
    Free Member

spawn – cheers. Great part of the world for riding. That pic was from yesterday’s epic which included Ogden Res – took me 6 hours but it was a cracker.

racefaceec90

it’s definitely snowing where i live (devizes wilts) and still snowing.

i plan on going out on my duster tomorrow for a short snowy ride (and doing great big skids on the local golf course 😉

nicksee
    Free Member

Just back from my snowy ride on the somerset/wilts border. 4-6″ of the fluffy stuff. a few spills over the bars with all the hidden mud pits!

longleat house is down there somewhere…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Who's hoping for a snowy ride tomorrow ?’ is closed to new replies.