Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Who's HONCing then.
  • singlespeedstu

And that are you riding?

We’ll be on a tandem wearing corduroy and argyle.

CheesybeanZ

i`ll be riding your ex 😉

I didn’t get enough attention last year, so this year I’m riding a singlespeed 29er.
    If you see a big fat beardy bloke on a green Kona wearing Vegan Cyclists kit, say hello.

rOcKeTdOg

Pegasus with wacky bars, unless i oversleep, then it’ll be F1 and a local pootle later

clubber
    Free Member

Dammit, how did I miss this thread? I did a search and everything!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/honk-if-youre-honcing

singlespeedstu

Cheesy.

I hope you’re treating her as roughly as she deserves.

🙄 @ clubber. 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

Another Pegasus here, weird bars, Lefty, singlespeed, in a “look at me” kind of way. I’ll be the one spinning like a freak on the roads due to my 32:19 gearing.

tollah
    Free Member

I’m riding the CHONC, cheeky hell of the north Cotswolds on my Indy Fab Ego Chariot, possible wearing tweed as the cords will be worn at the BONC party on Sat night!

rOcKeTdOg

so it’s niche or nothing then? i might not come if the attention is spread that thinly

singlespeedstu

possible wearing tweed as the cords will be worn at the BONC party on Sat night!

You scared you might shat the cord and it’ll be a bit crusty for the ride then.

clubber
    Free Member

Pegasuses (Pegasii?) are clearly becoming about as niche as a BMW 3-series. You bunch of chavs 😉

(I’ll be the vision of purple…)

CheesybeanZ

I hope you’re treating her as roughly as she deserves.

she`s a lady not a strumpet

singlespeedstu

She was a right easy ride for me.

clubber
    Free Member

I had her a couple of times while neither of you were looking… 8)

pedalhead
    Free Member

Pegasuses (Pegasii?) are clearly becoming about as niche as a BMW 3-series. You bunch of chavs

ah but mine has an “extra weld” on it, just to be different like.

clubber
    Free Member

that’s like adding a ‘V8’ sticker to a V4 or an extra big wing… Just makes you even more of a chav.

pedalhead
    Free Member

oh dear I see what you mean. I’ve Max Powered my Pegasus. Classy.

tollah
    Free Member

Does she trombone Cheesy?

rOcKeTdOg

Watch out though, it’s “bike” day at prescott, first time it’s been allowed and timed, ao there’ll be loads of machines on the roads in the area

Andy

I’m coming. Will be at the back with Peteimprezza on my hybrid enjoying the bimble

BlobOnAStick

ME!

I’ll be on a Specialized full bouncer with full face helment and all-the-pads, baggies and a backpack the size of a small planet. Maybe.

Actually, if it’s warm I might antagonise the community by not wearing a helmet and by stretching unseemly lycra over my hairy arse and legs.

Ben

clubber
    Free Member

I reckon you’d traumatise everyone a lot more by not putting any shorts on.. 😉

acjim
    Free Member

me too!

2 x blokes on disc’y cxers – hoping to get near 5 hours this year – how much cake can you eat in 30 seconds anyway?

BlobOnAStick

….hmmm, it’s not everyday someone winks at me whilst suggesting I take my shorts off. Maybe halfway round behind a suitable bush then clubber?

I’ll also be stopping every 500 yards to fix my mech, or put something in my backpack, or to lower my saddle, or raise my saddle, or exclaim at the top of my voice how radical I’ve just been, or to put my bike in the right gear or..or…or etc. Just so that those who cycle on the trails at Cannock on a Sunday will feel at home. 🙂

Ben

Andy

Ben I’m liking your moves 😀

..but happy for you to keep your shorts on 😮

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe halfway round behind a suitable bush then clubber?

You’ll have to wait for me to catch up… 🙁

sofaking
    Free Member

I’m riding the CHONC with wok king and a master tromboner, cheeky hell of the north Cotswolds on my IndyFabtipropersizedwheelswithonelegEgoChariot, possible wearing a bad hangover picked up at the BONC party on Sat night!

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

pampassgrass
    Free Member

Can’t decide between my 160 or 140mm travel bikes. Any clues what the best bike to ride is please?

singlespeedstu

Our tandems got a 150mm fork on it.

Might drop the spacers out though and run it at 170mm as i hear it’s going to be gnarlcore to the power of sik.

clubber
    Free Member

Pampassgrass – depends how much of a try hard you are… HTH

mrmo
    Free Member

HONC doesn’t need suspension, there might be a few bumpy fields though

ps44
    Free Member

After a frantic effort to get new pedals today after one fell apart last night, I’m on. Looks like a bluebird day like 2007 when there were comedy tan lines a-plenty by the end of the day. That climb up from Laverton at 80km is going to be fun in the early afternoon sun 🙁

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hope they have done some pothole filling. 🙄

singlespeedstu

Bet it took them ages to get your skin off the tarmac.

sebgt
    Free Member

Rode it SS last two years. 32/15 last year, no problems, but gonna go for gears this year

emac65
    Free Member

Rode it with gears last year,no problems…So will be doing that again this year….

TheSwede
    Free Member

Stu, it was probably the most technical section on the course. Red 30mph limit shell grip trials section 😀
    Hhmm, gears or ss?

pampassgrass
    Free Member

May take the 160 then with 3×10. Are the DH’s ok or will I need leg armour?

tollah
    Free Member

Are they really running the course anti clockwise? How bizarre, all the good descents are climbs and no descent descents! Glad I’m doing the CHONC.

CheesybeanZ

May take the 160 then with 3×10. Are the DH’s ok or will I need leg armour?

pampassgrass , leg armour is a must some of the cotswold oeuf de chien could shatter a unprotected shin .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Who's HONCing then.’ is closed to new replies.