Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)
  • whos got a retro mtb ?
  • victorspeedboat
    Free Member

My ’93 IFT (with more recent groupset upgrade) recently took me to el’an back…

Interesting that although the frame was offered with suspension forks, the use of 100mm travel makes it feel like a chopper…

Clearly before Marin had come to terms with suspension corrected geometry.

whattyre
    Free Member

Some magic bikes here! Here’s mine…just got it.very chuffed,it’s been really looked after by a Kona collector..

I plan to ride it and slowly pimp it…

amedias
    Free Member

my 98/99 Bontrager – raced at Bontrager 24/12 last year and occasionally gets used locally as well.

Also have a 97 Klein which gets used a lot but can’t find a pic of that a the mo…

seven
    Free Member

Beast of the East by jake474, on Flickr

Old cannondale Beast of the East (m900) from 1996. Was originally same colour as asterix’s M900

Now used daily on the commute, original forks replaced with 8yr old fox talas, partly to help with pot holes an kerbs, but also they were all I had when originals mangled in car bike interface.

Anybody got an old pair of p-bones they want to sell 🙂

Andy-W
    Free Member

Just been on my 1991 Scott, well it lives on the turbo for the last five years after a some tlc

rossi46
    Free Member

Here’s mine 😀

superdale
    Free Member

My 1992 Cannondale M400 with 1 1/4″ headset and Spinergy.
    Used for on-road training, commuting and messing around off-road in the snow 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

My 1985 Ritchey Ascent:

On Oldmountainbikes.

charliedontsurf

I have one of these… 1984 red crested butte from Raleigh USA. Mine still has a sticker from the “memorial cycle shop, Houston, Texas”.

[img]http://mombat.org/84Raleigh1.jpg[/img]

asterix
    Free Member

love whattyre’s (and rossi’s) Konas – they do it for me

the Spinergy on the M400 looks great too

can I ask seven, how did you repaint your ‘dale? Mine has many places where the original paint has come away – I though of re-spraying or powder coating it, but people around me convinned me not to

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I have an ibis BowTi but wont bore you with pics. 😉

v12jat
    Free Member

I spent a small fortune building a pace RC200 F3 – a bike i’d always wanted to own BITD. Middleburn cranks, Hope hubs, Pace forks/bars etc.. a real nice bike. only issue was iwas worried about the frame cracking or something like that happening, i only rode it about 3 times so it was sat there in the garage gathering dust! Got rid in the end, but part of me wishes i’d kept hold!

sputnik
    Free Member

Amedias , that Bonty is beautiful .

failedengineer

I’ve got a ’97 Pace RC200 F6 with RC30 forks and a Pace stem, flat X-lite bars and bar ends, USE post, Flite saddle etc etc., which I could be persuaded to part with if anyone’s interested …..

amedias
    Free Member

Amedias , that Bonty is beautiful .

thankyou 🙂 spent a few months refurbing it a couple of years ago as it was in a sorry state!

Should have seen it after the mudfest of 24/12 last year, lost a BB and a set of hub bearings to that race 🙁

Sanny
    Free Member

Great thread but how on earth have folk managed to keep stuff in such good nick? I have an Fat Chance Yo Eddy Team issue which no longer gets ridden and an Ibis Silk Ti which doesn’t either…..Hmmmm, I may have just answered my own question! 😀

amedias
    Free Member

they’re either garage queens that dont get ridden, or pics are fresh after a refurb…

whattyre
    Free Member

V12 that is sweet…..I can’t believe it’s not yours anymore…doh!

tomglass20
    Free Member

I have a grisly Orion 20 with some very old parts, still can’t figure out how to post pics lol

anthonyedgreen
    Free Member

How’s this? does it count?

The frame is 2006, the components are all new, but it’s old skool style.

v12jat
    Free Member

V12 that is sweet…..I can’t believe it’s not yours anymore…doh!

ha ha! i know, but got offered a very generous price so couldnt refuse!!! 🙄

i may get another at some point maybe one thats a tiny bit bigger too!

seven
    Free Member

Sorry for late reply

@Asterix

can I ask seven, how did you repaint your ‘dale? Mine has many places where the original paint has come away – I though of re-spraying or powder coating it, but people around me convinned me not to

I got it professionally done by Bob Jackson in Leeds. cost about £120 (incl. new headset) and paint still going strong with limited rubs/chips after 5 years of daily commuting.

HTH

xiphon
    Free Member

Do these count as retro, or just “old school” ? (Or just “old” ha ha)

My 2 MTB’s are….

Orange Patriot LT (2000)

Orange 222 IBS (2002)

andrewh
    Free Member

1999 Marin attack Trail.
    Still in regular-ish use, three trips last year, including racing it in the Transvesubienne, 100km across the Alps, 20,000ft of descent and 12,000ft of climbing. It coped remarkably well.
    http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/transvesubienne-race.html
    http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/transvesubienne-prologue.html

zippykona

2000 I think Marin mount vision. Bought as a frame for £100 to be built into a full sus commuter when I hurt my knee. Soon replaced my main bike and is now only 2nd to my 29 scandal.
    I took all the stickers off and it now looks like someone’s built it in a shed.

Painey
    Free Member

I used to have an Orange P7 from 96. No real paint on it, looked like titanium. To clear some space out the garage and to get a mate riding I sold it to him for fifty quid. He used it a few times then threw it away down the dump. Safe to say I wish I’d kept it 🙁

Muke
    Free Member

1995 P7 looking for a new home

Neil-F
    Free Member

Wee update from my page one comment:
    The Dale is now fully up and running, great bike, mostly Retro parts but a few up to date additions, like the Ritchey stem and Wellgo pedals…..
    Next step will be delving into the world of SPD’s I think.
    Great bike, weighs about 11.5 to 12kg, and is lovely on the roads. 😀

boblo
    Free Member

Go on then, 1989 ish Marin Pine Mountain now converted to commuter:

goldenwonder
    Free Member

No pics to hand but I’ve got a ’97 Zaskar-the first bike I ever won a race on. Used to race XC, DH & CX all on that bike! & a ’93 Ridgeback 706RS, my 1st mountain bike, just could never bring myself to sell it.
    Did have a’92 Kona Explosif that I sold about a year ago, although I might end up with that back at some point.

6079smithw
    Free Member

somafunk

Retro enough?,

It’s a mates bike, not mine as i’d never own a fs…..never mind an old one 😉 . If he was offered £500 for it i guess he’d take it as he’s skint at the moment.

Muke
    Free Member

Just been told that my P7 is more likely 2005 and not 1995 as it has disc mounts and for that reason I appear to be out 😳

bearnecessities

’97 F6

mrmo
    Free Member

At some point i will get the white one built up, the red one has a perforated seat tube so have to have a think about it.

fasthaggis

I have a 1998 Trek 8900 SL like the one in the photo,it’s going to be my bike of choice for Kielder.
    V brake on the back ,disc on the front,it will be awsomez.
    I may even get round to powder coating it as a special treat 🙂

I also have a 1998 Orange X2 that I am still not sure what I should do with. Nothing locks out,so it can feel like a bit of a pogo stick at times 🙄

mindmap3
    Free Member

I have an old Beast of the East that I inherited from an uncle who passed away. Not entirely sure if the year…I am sure that it was polished from new, but trawling through the old catalogues I can’t find any mention of a polished frame. It had an inch and a quarter head tube.

In its prime it was covered in ano purple…USE post, USE bar with bar ends that pierced the bar, Middleburn ring, rear canti etc. Has RC35 forks (no longer move), original Hope cable disc and mostly XT stuff on it.

Most of the old bits on it are knackered, so I’m intending on rebuilding it at some point this year. It’ll be a mixture of newer parts and some older stuff. It certainly won’t be ”period’ but will more useable. It’ll end up with a lot of stuff that I wanted when I first got into cycling and couldn’t afford.

Here’s a pic…

The purple seat post has gone AWOL and the bars got swapped a long time ago. It’s currently in the loft, in bits whilst I collect stuff for it.

solar1
    Free Member

Not much about as old as this one

1937 Excelsior built as a 70’s repack bomber. Rides real nice.

jeed
    Free Member

’93 Kilauea – still gets ridden 🙂

philu21
    Free Member

I’m currently riding this http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/bike-full/cannondale/1999-super-v-2000/prd_349688_95crx.aspx mint condition cannondale 1999 super v

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘whos got a retro mtb ?’ is closed to new replies.