Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • who's got a Garmin 1000? Hows battery life?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

Anyone got a garmin 1000, if so how long do you get out of the battery?

Read a few things saying its not great, but if I can get 10hrs that would be ok.

So what do you get on long rides, and is that with backlight off, Bluetooth on / off?

Thanks

riddoch

It’s much better if you turn glonass off. I suspect youd only get near 10 hours work everything switch off and not recording position too often.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fine, 8hrs TBT on a route running time on 50% brightness on the screen..

Thats pretty good I reckon.

DT78
    Free Member

Don’t know exact amount as I don’t tend to ride much more than 6-7hrs, but I’ve seen 8. I would expect 10 is possible, I have low screen brightness and turn off wifi to preserve battery if I’m out all day

njee20
    Free Member

Echo the above. It’s fine. I don’t try to conserve it and have never had an issue. For long rides I’ve just used a piggy back battery thingy – did that for the SDW so I could keep the navigation going and it was perfect.

Reckon you’ll get 10 if you turn off Bluetooth/brightness down and you’re not using a power meter and loads of other sensors.

nickgti
    Free Member

I have everything turned on and don’t try the save the battery and in any way and I still get 7 hours or so out of the battery

meeeee
    Free Member

cool that’s good, actually I think its pretty rare I’d need 10 hours, and a piggyback battery thing would sort that as mentioned above.

Just need to wait for Handtec to get some back in stock now …

njee20
    Free Member

You don’t need any sort of USB OTG cable like you do with the Edge 500 if you’re using an external battery pack FWIW. I used a 2500mAh battery to do the SDW, and after 10 hours with navigation and bluetooth on, plus the backlight quite frequently it the Edge was still showing 100%.

alansd1980

Njee,

Do you have a link to the battery pack. Doing the Sdw this summer so would be hands.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have everything turned on and don’t try the save the battery and in any way and I still get 7 hours or so out of the battery

As above. Bluetooth on for phone connection. Wifi just stays on because I like the auto-download when I get back in. HRM in use as well. Screen is on all the time, usually on the map page.

More than enough for a day ride for me.

njee20
    Free Member

Do you have a link to the battery pack. Doing the Sdw this summer so would be hands

It’s just the one Mrs njee20 uses to charge her phone, nowt special if you’ve got one already. This one

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘who's got a Garmin 1000? Hows battery life?’ is closed to new replies.