• This topic has 92 replies, 77 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • who's going riding on christmas day?
  • BigJohn

I rode to the pub earlier after putting the dinner in. Got back to make the gravy and carve. Nice dinner for 10 family followed by a walk round Stafford Castle and can’t wait for the next wave of folks to arrive for supper when I can dig out the chorizo and compte and a couple more botts of champagne and some burgundy.

crazy-legs

Just got back from a ride. Dear God it was wet!

Captain_Sponge

Yep – me too. Just a couple of hours on the roads, its too wet for much else around here at the moment. Lovely guilt eating ahead….

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Went out earlier, 10 miles of water and mud,Strava was saying i did ok…lol

Now chilling for a few hours then to my Parents for xmas roast,Turkey and Pork are being cooked for us…

Daughter is playing her new game on her Wii.she likes her new bike and Ipod..

northshoreniall

Wife working 8:30-20:20, Hour walk at beach with dog at 8:30 and just in from 20 mile urban/ Derwent walk circuit – took stove and made hot chocolate at turnaround point 🙂

racefaceec90

just came back from a really nice road ride.i did 33.39 miles according to google maps (1485 ft climbing/1484 ft descending 🙂

i didn’t go to avebury,but just went from devizes to pewsey vale (via coate/horton e.t.c)

then went to marlbrough,then to pewsey,alton barnes and back home again.

IT DIDN’T RAIN ONCE! 😯 😀 saw some stunning views (also stunning skies).it took me 2h 40 min to do the ride,but i am well chuffed as the last ride i did was 27 miles and it took me 3 hours.

i even went on the drops for some of it 😉

am buzzing now 😀

i hope you all had a good christmas/ride 🙂

guymk2
    Free Member

Im happy to hear so many folks getting out on the bike on such a good day!

Im trying to complete the Festive 500 Strava challange so i rode 100miles with 3000ft of climbing in the pouring rain yesterday and this morning i rode 58miles with 2500ft of climbing which included stopping at Cannock Chase trail centre at 20miles in at 9am.

It was a lovely ride and mostly dry with the odd shower. Then i came upon a flooded section of road, ‘it cant be that deep surely?’ i said to myself. Moments later i was axles deep and my nice dry shoes were filled with water!!!

Anyway here is a picture of my bike at Cannock at 9am;

mrphil
    Free Member

Nice one Guy.

Only got 270miles left on my challange haha.

crazy-legs

Well done Guy! I’ve managed 2 rides of 40 miles each, still got 230 miles to go on my Festive500. Not sure I’m actually capable of doing 100 miles in one go at the moment which is a bit depressing considering I did 9 back-to-back century rides only a couple of months ago when I did LEJOG.

I know what you mean about the water, I rode through several flooded sections, deepest it got was only about 8″ though.

dazh

Faced with watching soaps with the extended family, decided to go for a quick blast on the roadie to ride off the roast dinner and wine. Last time I rode on roads this quiet was the fuel crisis. Time for a G&T now to ‘re-hydrate’.

onandon
    Free Member

Just got back from a very wet 25 mile slog on the single speed.
    Awesome 🙂 probably the last ride of 2012 as I’m going away to Spain later in the week for some sun.

motozulu
    Free Member

I wimped out – just rained and rained all day here. Going up tomorrow instead (Cannock)

hora
    Free Member

Bike off roof. Kitted up and remembered just before setting off that I’d been meaning to put an extra 5psi in the forks…… que Fox pump deciding to finally die and drain all air….

Which was nice.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘who's going riding on christmas day?’ is closed to new replies.