• This topic has 92 replies, 77 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • who's going riding on christmas day?
  • Karinofnine

Yes, I usually ride on Christmas Day.

jekkyl

Christmas day is one of the best days to cycle, the world is pretty much deserted.

hora
    Free Member

Yep. Its a tradition for me early early 😀

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

Planning to get out in the morning for a bit, be rude not to come home covered in mud just because its Christmas!

tomtomthepipersson

The misses just said I should pop out for a quick ride tomorrow morning…So it’d be rude not too.

Can’t help feeling she’s after something though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ill be out for a run first thing . Only brought my road bike back with me andi detest riding in the rain on the road.

MartynS

After work (!) will be out with the girlfriend, who is quite excited about riding, Cup of Tea and mince pies on a hill somewhere, then my parents for a feed. Going to be a good day..!

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Kilpatrick hills for a 16 miles trip then back for 11am , should still be in good books hopefully 🙂

amplebrew

Out on the bike first thing at 6am 🙂

For my cycle to work 🙁

motozulu
    Free Member

Mrs working – therefore doin the Cannock blue.

PiknMix
    Free Member

The way things are going tonight it looks like I will have plenty of time over the next few days to indulge in lots of riding.

motozulu
    Free Member

Traditional Xmas fall out?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Will probably go for a jog with my brother in the morning to counteract the amount of chocolate in the house, but no riding.

Duggan

Gonna go for a ten mile run first thing tomorrow morning. Will hopefully not mind then staying in the flat all day with the inlaws this way.

trailster
    Free Member

Go Riding, Good Idea depends on the weather though.

hora
    Free Member

Cant you get on just for one day? All I heard last night was sirens. What wrong with people?

mrblobby
    Free Member

At the inlaws but have brough the road bike so about to head out for a couple of hours. Rather excited as it’s the first bit of riding I’ve done in a few weeks that hasn’t been on the turbo (weather, work, child care… )

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Been out. Wet, cold, quiet, lovely! Happy Christmas everyone – enjoy your rides and have a peaceful day. 🙂

slider888
    Free Member

as above!! black route round hamsterley. t say its clarty is an understatement!! loved it. happy christmas everyone

hamsterley christmas morning 009 by platten2012, on Flickr

beefheart
    Free Member

I will be in 2 hours, once I finish my 24 hour shift…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

25 mins on the turbo while the missus got out on the road bike. I call injury though

bitemebryn
    Free Member

Went for a spin before sunrise, and whilst the rest of South Devon was waking up, I was enjoying the view from Berry Head. Wet, but an hour very well spent. Merry Christmas.

bikeind
    Free Member

I was out on my 29er this morning was a lovely ride indeed.

warpcow
    Free Member

Just back. Shoot conditions (icy headwinds most of the way), but nice to get out anyway. Merry Christmas!

andypaul99
    Free Member

bloody hell the sun just came out here in Essex….ok im off 🙂

racefaceec90

have just got up,but i’m planning on going out still (still planning to do the route i said earlier 🙂 hopefully it won’t rain 😆

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

I’m planning on heading out, depends how long it takes to change the tyre after ripping a sidewall yesterday, but as its ghetto tubeless-ed, it may just end up with alot of swearing and abandoning the job in favour of wine & mince pies!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, a nice couple of hours on the road bike. Though back roads were rivers of mud and gravel which made for slow going, amazed I didn’t pick up any punctures (conti 4 seasons are ace.) A year of inactivity due to injury made the climb up to King Alfreds tower a b*stard though.

shanta
    Free Member

Wish i was out…bored already.

ahsat

Good job slider88 getting out at Hamsterley. We looked at the NE rain this morning and just went for a walk instead. I’ve now got 2hr drive to my parents while p20 goes to sleep pre night shift.

jonstanley
    Free Member

I’m out in Hong Kong and the backwater part of it I’m at… it’s more “Christmas? Never heard of such a thing!”. Hikers were using the picnic/barbeque areas… though no one ventured on to the trails, except other mountain bikers… :mrgreen:

Passing the irrigation reservoir up and about 15 minutes ride from my house…

Finally hitting some trail after hike-a-bike…

Quite a few sections of the reservoir loop look like this…

At the Fireman’s Lookout and a misty Hong Kong… can usually see the airport (to the right) and the urbanised bit of HK ahead-and-left…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Been & done it, trails were a mess, there was huge amounts of water, but it was great fun! Much better than a long, drawn out, boring day at the outlaws.

Off for dinner in a couple of hours, then back home at a sensible time!

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I’m off to send a lap around degla shortly..

Rscott
    Free Member

Was going to but bust my hand up yesterday evening

epo-aholic
    Free Member

had a great morning myself, 6 degrees and fairly still, sun came out too….as expected my original ride partner called off but i met up with another mate and his missus, ended up doing 91km in a smidge over 3 hours…..bliss 😀

merry crumble everyone!

mrphil
    Free Member

Popped a 36 mile coast ride before. Off to Llandegla tomorrow.

MartynS

Just got back, off to parents in a bit for a feed…. Today is a good day!!

frazered
    Free Member

Quick blast this am improving my KOM time on a strava segment by 6 secs – sweet

fenred
    Free Member

Moocho respect for everyone that hit the filthy trails!

I wussed out and took the SS out for an urban pootle for a couple hours….even managed to avoid God weeing on me! 😀

char34
    Free Member

7am this morning 61 miles home for 12 showered at my mothers for 2 ,now borded out my mind drinking cheap lager. shouldnt moan could be worse , love the family realy

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘who's going riding on christmas day?’ is closed to new replies.