• This topic has 92 replies, 77 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • who's going riding on christmas day?
  • racefaceec90

as i have no family (don’t celebrate christmas either bah humbug e.t.c 😉 i am going to take advantage of the quiet roads on xmas day (and go for a nice road ride 🙂 to avebury/marlbrough/pewsey then back to devizes. EVEN IF IT RAINS! 😯

anyone else riding on crimbo day?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll be going out for a quick play on some fun bits- think super drifty corners and some steep stuff. 🙂

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Usually do, but not this year.
    1st one with our little boy (10 months old) so it’s going to be a very exciting day!..
    for me at least 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ll be out for most of the day 😀

bigG
    Free Member

I’ll be out on the road bike for a bit, filling in that gap in the day between presents and Christmas dinner

steveh

My missus is at work so I’ve got most of the day to fill. Some dh or xc somewhere is a definite.

fenred
    Free Member

Yep, looking forward to enjoying hopefully quiet trails whilst everyone else ‘goes about their business’…. 8)

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll be out either walking or riding.

There’s a missing dog in the area so I will probably stick in some miles up there having a scout about for it.

kendo954
    Free Member

only day this week i plan not to be on a bike to be honest!

rOcKeTdOg

my self and the OH are riding to my parents for drinks then home for xmas dinner 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Boxing day morning ride for me, with a stove for a nice coffee up on the hill.

Christmas day is way to busy to get out.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

First time for 26 years will be down the Forest Of Dean should beable to park in the car park for a change not miles up the fire road 😆

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Yup, I’ll be out. Bugger all else to do…

mattbee

Few hours on the South Downs in the am as my wife is working.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Traditional innit?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hopefully from now on.Never had a chance before 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Will be out early as usual for a blast. Weather looks good too.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Always – it’s become a fixture for me in recent years. I tend to ride on my own more often than not anyway, but my pre dawn ride on Christmas Day has become real quality, grateful time for me. I’m looking forward to it this year even more than I have in the last few years for a number of reasons. I’ll be back in time to put the oven on for breakfast with my lovely wife.

sparkyrhino

If i survive tomorrows club chrimbo eve ride,me and my hip flask of Paddys plan to tear around my fave cheeky routes on chrimbo Am/Pm.Going to chrimbo dinner with folks on boxing day so nothing better to do.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Walk on the hills with the dog in the morning, road ride in the afternoon 🙂

Head home when it’s dark for a long hot bath, mulled wine and Christmas dinner in the evening. I’ve never understood why everyone spends the daylight hours inside cooking and eating, when you could go out to play!

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Would love to but if i even mentioned it there would be hell on in the smith household!!! those who are lucky enough to get out ,enjoy!!!

allthepies
    Free Member

racefaceec90 – Ah, a Devizes man, thought so from the picture of your bike with the locks in the background on t’other thread. Walked down there in the summer y’see.

Northwind

If the weather’s nice in the morning I will be- we’ll have a gap between family arriving so why not.

thorlz
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^
    as per smiththemainman, just change the names

Edric64
    Free Member

I will have a quick early morning ride before departing to the outlaws for lunch

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’ll be doing a road ride from here over to Macc and back.

mogrim

Probably head out for a long run after opening presents.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Yes I’ll deffo be out for 1-2 hours.

project
    Free Member

A good game to play to christmas day rides, mid afternoon,

award yourself points for loving couples, double points for rowing couples,

points for dogs with huge christmas leftover poohs,

men in badly fitting christmas jeans, double points if they have a totally gross jumper or jacket,

points for if they have a christmas scarf, even if its warm,

points for old people waliking with their families,

triple points if you see families waving kids or parents off and they say , thank god theyve gone,

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Will be out for the usual local 10 miler.
    Its usually very quiet.Few walkers out and about.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Op: if I was in your shoes I’d do exactly the same. In fact I’d join you as I think we live fairly near! But by guests would not be impressed. Have a good ride. Merry ba humbug!

andrewni
    Free Member

Junior’s getting a dropper post so we’ll need to get out to try it out.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

boxing day

professor_fate
    Free Member

Same situation for me as Racefaceec90, so the upside is i spend xmas hols on the Dawg checking out new places (for me, anyway). Last year it was FoD/Malverns and am now in Llanberis after done Snowdon today with (hopefully) Betws y Coed and Penmachno in the offing.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Yeah, i’m going out on the road for 3-4 hours with a mate, he’ll probably cancel though as he has a young family but thats fine, back to work on boxing day so gotta get the miles in when i can!

flatfish
    Free Member

Couple hours before heading up to the outlaws for lunch until the day after boxing day.

iridebikes
    Free Member

well, im on call and the family are all away so i will be either riding or trail building on christmas and boxing day. I just hope i don’t actually have to do any callouts.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Nah! I’ll be on the snowboard, innit?

racefaceec90

allthepies yes i do live in that devizes 😉

buzz_lighyear would’ve be happy to ride with you,but i am slower than a snail on a bike (seriously 😳 am expecting the ride to take me a good 4-5 hours i reckon (will be pootling/looking at scenery/taking pics e.t.c 🙂

merry humbug to you (and everyone else 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Yup, will be out in Malvern for a few hours.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘who's going riding on christmas day?’ is closed to new replies.