• This topic has 147 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • Who's downloading ios5 at the moment then…
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

3200 thing is just Apples servers being too busy i think

carbon337
    Free Member

Well i just force quit itunes which set the restore working again but now im setting the icloud business up its stuck on the find my phone screen.

Im too tired and ratty to be doing this now I’ve got no patience – it must all be so clogged up. Im getting multiple emails to verify my email address associated with my itunes account even though this has been my email address for years.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just finished downloading it after less than 50 mins, I also had to download the new iTunes too.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I’m downloading it to my desktop and two laptops.

Don’t have an iPhone, likes… Just thought I’d slow things down for everyone else.

😈

deviant
    Free Member

I dont have an iphone so i’m not familiar with how this works, is the update sent out over the air?

carbon337
    Free Member

no through iTunes over the web

Taff
    Free Member

Downloaded itunes update quickly but the iOS5 backup is taking forever. Not doing my phone until tomorrow but think that will be a good thing given the state of the apple servers!

deviant
    Free Member

How long does it usually take when everybody isnt trying at the same time?

Markie
    Free Member

error 5000. repeatedly. ooh, except I just got a 3200!

Netdonkey

Loads of 3200 errors and then it got through to apple and started updating. then it lost contact with apple and borked my phone. Dead phone and no update…. 👿

GrahamS

ROFLcopter. I can’t believe people are rushing to install a point-O release.

Suckers! Let me know how the beta testing goes. I’ll maybe give it a whirl in a week or two. 😀

deviant
    Free Member

What a quaint way of doing things….my Android updates are sent over the air and take a couple of minutes while the phone reboots.

I’m sure the fanboys will still argue that everything Apple does is just so intuitive and user friendly! 😆

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They have nicked a lot of Android ideas. Notifications, over the air updates, “iCloud” syncing etc..

It all works better on apple obviously 🙂

I’d recommend going through all the settings though, i’m suspicious of sending my location to Apple (do they really need that?)

carbon337
    Free Member

GrahamS, its class – your missing loads – mines working fine.

Anyone know how you get the notification centre up?

So far i like the keyboard shortcuts you can make, software update without needing nd for future point releases, newstand, itunes wifi sync (about time)

mcboo
    Free Member

my iPad updated fine, am now getting unkown erro 3004 on my iphone, wont restore.

worried

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

BlackBerry is down and downloading iOS 5 results in ‘ERROR 3200’. I can see the headlines already: ‘APPLE AND BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE’.

jam-bo

just installed after a few attempts. now restoring from an earlier backup.

theflatboy
    Free Member

finally got through the busy server ramparts and it’s restoring it now. :smug:

mcboo
    Free Member

anyone else getting 3004?

brakes
    Free Member

ROFLcopter. I can’t believe people are rushing to install a point-O release.
    Suckers! Let me know how the beta testing goes. I’ll maybe give it a whirl in a week or two.

you’re my hero.
    my iHero.

theyEye
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm or deny the ability of the new iOS to stream music to multiple external speakers at the same time (e.g. multiple airport expresses)?

GrahamS

What a quaint way of doing things….my Android updates are sent over the air and take a couple of minutes while the phone reboots.

Yeah yeah.. That’s only because Droid has been loads and loads of tiny releases as they get it up to speed and fix all the bugs. 😀

The iPhone releases have been a few hundred Mb. That takes a while over-the-air and would burn through most folks monthly allowance in one go.

At least with the iPhone method you have a complete backup of everything on the phone to restore to if it all goes wrong. 🙂

GrahamS

GrahamS, its class – your missing loads – mines working fine.
    Anyone know how you get the notification centre up?

Yeah yeah. I’ll wait.

I think notifications is full stroke down from the top of the screen to the bottom.

hugor
    Free Member

Crashing Apples – no not possible.

funkynick

At least with the iPhone method you have a complete backup of everything on the phone to restore to if[b]when[/b] it all goes wrong.

FTFY…

iain1775
    Free Member

so with all these blackberry’s out of action and now iphones getting error messages do we have an apple and blackberry crumble? 😆

grum
    Free Member

We did a few posts ago. 😉

Friends iPhone 3GS won’t boot up now after trying to update. I’ll be leaving it a while I reckon.

CountZero

iTried to update mine earlier, but the servers were overwhelmed. Updated iTunes no problem, and backed up the phone and downloaded iOS5, but it couldn’t confirm stuff with Apple. As I understand it, once iOS5 is installed, OTA updates are done from then on, using Apple’s server farm, presumably. They obviously wanted something a bit more robust than RIM’s servers in Slough…

CountZero

At least with the iPhone method you have a complete backup of everything on the phone to restore to in the unlikely event of it going wrong.

FTFY…

warton
    Free Member

i’ll be deactivating icloud if you need lion, havent got it yet. notifications are nice. anyone sent an imessage yet?

chrisdb
    Free Member

Got bored – went to sleep – woke up with iOs5 – looks good so far – bit nippier all round and sorted out the problem I was having with the home button intermittently not working.

Notifications seems OK but can’t get the camera button on lock screen? No tabbed Safari browsing either wonder if thats just iPad.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member
    rocketman
    Free Member

right now using work’s lightspeed fibre optic broadband 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

no camera option on lock screen (which is something they’ve advertised)

Double – click the home button

Where’s this Notifications thing? I can’t find it….. 😳

gravitysucks
    Free Member

sorted out the problem I was having with the home button intermittently not working.

*keeps fingers crossed*

warton
    Free Member

chrisdb double click home button for camera option on lock screen.

still no wiser on imessage

found the first bug. notifications does not like multiple meeting requests. got 2 today, synced from my exchange email account and the ntifications ‘home’ screen has gone mental, constantle flicking between the two, very annoying.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Ah thanks!

Notifications – swipe down from the top of the screen.

Drac

Downloaded in about 15 mins this am but my desktop is playing up and not liking updating iTunes. Tried a few things to fix it and now probably going to have to do a repair. The laptop has a back up of the phone on it but I’ll lose my music so waiting just now.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Notifications – swipe down from the top of the screen.

Thanks! I’d have never found that in a month of Sundays! 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member

Does iMessage work on GPRS or does it fail over to SMS?

The icloud photo stream is confusing me – can you browse your icloud space on the web somehow? I dont have Lion yet on the macbook but i want my pics being sent up to the cloud to see what happens.

I’m doing backups to the cloud and also wifi synchs and feel like its all gone a bit complicated

Id like some more widgets in Notification area and to be able to drop into notfications from in the lock screen with a button like the camera now has.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Who's downloading ios5 at the moment then…’ is closed to new replies.