Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Who's doing the Wild Boar 2013? GPX now available
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m in for the Full Boar, although I’ll struggle to finish it, my current fitness level is pretty low

420 or so riders entered. Looks like only the Full Boar entrants will be heading down Dowies, so hopefully it won’t get too trashed!

jimster
    Free Member

It went down there last year IIRC, there isn’t a map on-line this year so can’t really comment, but there’ll be someone along how can.

eskimonumber1

I’m in for the Full Boar again, it was a cracking event last year apart from the jokers removing the signs towards the end.

wilko1999
    Free Member

No, there is a map online now, GPX now available (see thread title). It does go down Dowies, and looking at it again, I think it’ll be the Full Boar, and Wye Boar entrants who do it, so probably most of the field. Not that I’m too bothered, just making conversation really!

frogstomp

Yup, I’m in for the Full Boar.. not explorer further than the Verderers etc. previously so looking forward to it…

amt27
    Free Member

I help with the route along with Dr J,
    last discussions are that a map will be provided like the HONC, also no road crossing to get to the start instead we are going down Spruce Ride to Mallards Pike, we have also simplified the areas where sign removals were an issue,

wilko1999
    Free Member

Thanks amt, not done anything like this event before, so this may sound like a daft question, but can the route be followed all the way without referring to a map / gpx file?

amt27
    Free Member

It will be marked all the way, maps and gps are there to aid you if you get lost or we have incidents like last year.

We hope the precautions the Lions Club (organisers) are taking plus the minor changes to the course will avoid the problems of last year.

I am working on a GPS/TCX file which will provide turn by turn into with cue information on ridewithgps.com, but need to test it a bit, these are fine for road ride but not so great off road.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Nice one thanks

moonboy
    Free Member

looking forward to it, doing the full boar with a few pals, as much interested in time on the day as learning new stuff in FOD

mikemorini
    Free Member

Doing this on my Singular Gryphon. Will I die?

Mike

psling
    Free Member

Saw arrows, signs & yellow paint around the area today and they’ve been setting up the start village for a couple of days now. For anyone doing it, the trails are in just about perfect condition here at the moment. As long as it doesn’t chuck it down tonight (not forecast) then tomorrow it will be sweet as… 8)

Edit: if you do die can I have your Gryphon please; would be a great bike round here 😉 😆

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Do they go around Dowies/Muddocks area?Cheers.

mattsccm
    Free Member

It could be interesting! Outside my house at the bottom of Bream, by Forest lubricants, is a sign warning of crossing riders. Also outside the house are several signs, plastered with a Wiggle logo. Nothing to do with this event. Some sportive maybe.
    Should I swap the signs?? 😆 Actually I can see some speed minded sportive rider colliding with some MTBer. If you break down here come and knock on the door of the house with a landrover.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Just noticed they do go down the Dowies.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Who's doing the Wild Boar 2013? GPX now available’ is closed to new replies.