• This topic has 25 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by JoB.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Who's 'dogging' this Sat at Stanmer woods?
  • woodsman
    Free Member

http://www.brightonbigdog.com/

I am………………………. 😉

singletrackmind

I am . Hope to see you there .

RepacK
    Free Member

Bugger race is full – any on the day entries?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coopersport1
    Free Member

I'm in. Army shirt/ Orange 5

woodsman
    Free Member

Rob, if you get the chance/remember can you sling a bottle of your ale in the car for me to purchase, post ride quaffing!? 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure you can just rock up and enter the 'onederdog' which is one lap! You can enter as many times at £6 a time, which gets you tea and cake, and go for the fastest lap – top gear leader board style.

That's as it was from riding with one of the organisers, couple of months back, may be worth an email if you're thinking of that.

RepacK
    Free Member

Cheers woody – might try that..I am the Stig (on 2 wheels) 😕

woodsman
    Free Member

Ok Rep, if I see anyone dressed head to toe in white, I'll say hello to you! 😉

Just remember to change, if you're heading out for a beer in town after – you may attract some unwanted attention!!! Avoid an establishment called 'Revenge' [snigger]

singletrackmind

Woodsman, I did remember the other weekend up at Bury , but AlexB got it as you never showed. We are doing a pair 6 hour almost looking forward to it, although for the money , a few Onederdoglaps plus mighthave been better for me.

dave360

I might be a man in white too. Team Zombie Bitches

woodsman
    Free Member

Anyone else joining in the frolics?

Stanmer is riding nicely 🙂

DaRC_L

Nope 🙁 only heard about it this week! Might pop down to have a look as I live 10 mins down the road.

Is there a mailing list – as (like last year) I didn't hear about it until this week – so I can add it into my calendar?

malchales
    Free Member

we`ll be there, The Broadwater Giants. And its my 1st race…….

wwaswas

I did the G2 race there last year, cracking (if knackering) course and I'm sure Rory and the team will have the organisation off to a t.

I'll be turning up and watching for a bit (probably on a specialized singlecross – to avoid temptation to try a (not) 'hot' lap, mainly).

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Haha , yes the beer was very nice, thanks Rob

Looking forward to the race, and the party after

nedrapier

2nd race for me! Entered as a pair, gf entered in a 3xlady team.

Anyone know who the Headonism Hotties are?

Woodsman, did you get much rain yesterday? BBC reckons light shower today, then set fair till Saturday.

Yay-uh.

fitwit3
    Free Member

last minute desperation here but if there is anyone heading down from somewhere northish with space to give me a lift down to Brighton could you drop me an email? (address in profile)
    I'm in York but i can get a train to meet elsewhere
    you'd have my eternal gratitude as well as contributions to petrol, beer etc
    thanks, Cait

nedrapier

fitwit, saw your thread, but we're only driving from Essex, sorry!

Hope you sort something out.

grievoustim
    Free Member

DaRC_L – Member
    Nope only heard about it this week! Might pop down to have a look as I live 10 mins down the road.

Is there a mailing list – as (like last year) I didn't hear about it until this week – so I can add it into my calendar?

there is an option to do a single "hot lap" on the day – just turn up with your bike

check out the Brighton Big Dog website there are facebook and twitter feed type things you can sign up for which no doubt will flag up the details for next years race

I'll be there riding solo – rode the course on Tuesday night and its going to be fantastic. Bit of rain last night – but hopefully that should be it now

coopersport1
    Free Member

Anyone know what the course is like? Should I HT SS, FS Geared or quickly build up a Geared HT?
    Whats the ground like? Tractor tyres or normal old xc ones?

woodsman
    Free Member

It was dry apart form a small amount of gloop at the top last night 'classic Stanmer singletrack' which didn't really amount to much anyway. Should be dry as a dry thing if we get the two dry days now forecast.

Don't bother with SS, I don't think you'll get through the windy rooty climbs at Coldean. Normal XC tyres and the rest is personal preference.

The ground is hard and fast, the climbs are little toughies! Some nice off camber riding too…..

bigsi
    Free Member

Looking forward to getting a "flying" lap in at some stage of the day 🙄

mdb
    Free Member

We are there racing AND filming: Mark & Paul = The Bongo Pedallers.

Hope to produce a short film of the experience of racing and capture some of the fun and people.

This is our pilot episode (if its good enough) and will be online sometime next week, so register on our website or follow us on Twitter if you're interested in seeing what happened: http://www.thecycleshow.tv

Twitter: @TheCycleShow

Mark

nedrapier

New SB8s should be just the ticket then. New Reba Maxles arrived in the post today. 😀

Still need a new front wheel and disc brake before they go on though. 😐

Maybe I'll bring along a hacksaw and hope I pick something up at the jumble!

woodsman
    Free Member

Mark – you really are getting into the filming, and being a Stanmer local [insert your own gag here] ahem!

See you there

Pete

JoB
    Free Member

me

with some stuff for the jumble and the world premiere of the new Mint Sauce jerseys

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Who's 'dogging' this Sat at Stanmer woods?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts