Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Who’s at the Megavalanche this week…?
  • stingmered

As above. Trails running prime. 😀

jamesoz

What’s the snow like? I don’t like it when there’s big patches of exposed rock.
    Hope you have a nice low start number, makes all the difference.
    Planning to return next year, can hear the music in my head now.

stingmered

Not been up to the top yet but the snow looks minimal.

Northwind

Not this year but maybe be back next year… Is the new lift from the bottom in place or is it still buses?

andrewh
    Free Member

I was running there about four weeks ago and it was a mission to get to the top of the quali course on foot!
    Unless it’s melted a lot since then I wouldnt describe it as minimal…
    Sadly I’m not there just now

Singletrack MegaSack 2021 - Bloopers

Singletrack MegaSack 2021 - Bloopers
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack MegaSack 2021 - Bloopers
    stingmered

Least snow I’ve ever seen, and this is my 5th year over the last 10. Will be hard work coming off the glacier.

Kept track of the weather over the last few weeks and it’s been 25degc plus pretty much every day.

jamesoz

I did one with very little snow. Was sketchy going from ice to rock at the very top.
    Much preferred plenty of snow, although the last one I did had plenty of snow but slushy and melting fast. That was hard work.
    Still envious.

zerocool

Wish I was out there. I love me a bit of Megavalanche action. Not been there in about 10 years and would love to go back with a modern enduro bike.

So far I’ve done it on a hardtail, a freeride bike, a DH bike and a Meta 55. 2007 was a good year with about a foot or 2 of perfect snow.

kimbers

Very jealous

Pics please!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yep, the new lift in Allemond is open now.

Northwind

Ah that’s awesome, it’ll make ADH so much better as a riding location in general.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Sure does, and might bring a bit more life to the village in the summer too.

I can’t remember how things were a few years ago, but you can also now use the Vaujany lift to get back up. Not sure if that was always the case. There’s a few more trails marked on the official map too

Northwind

Yeah, you could do the red that goes away out the side then back up on the vaujany lift when we were there. I HATE cable cars and that one’s pretty bloody high so I ended up sat on the floor so I couldn’t see out the window of the cablecar or I’d have probably shat my pants 🙂 Lucky I didn’t know about the disaster there really.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.