Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Who’s all going to 10 Under The Ben this weekend?
  • ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Because the weather is looking awesome, hot & sunny!

Or so the met office website says… Don’t hold me accountable if it ends up with cold, wet and blowing a gale though!

BoardinBob

Me. All on my lonesome.

Couple of days rain forecast between now and then and sun predicted for the weekend. I’ll believe it when i see it.

The email this morning hinted the trail is pretty muddy in places.

J0N
    Free Member

I’m going. Please post pic so we can blame you when they change the forecast 😉

brakes
    Free Member

what is it?

edit: thought it meant Big Ben

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Just look for the red P7 singlespeed!

I rode the track a couple of weeks ago and there were some small boggy bits but nothing too bad, it was riding well for the most part.

ChrisL

This will be the first 10 Under the Ben that I’ve missed.

The unexpectedly hot and sunny weather for the last two years has resulted in me getting pretty badly dehydrated (despite taking on a decent amount of water and food) and puking, so I’ve been put off it as an event a tad. 🙁

Gordymac
    Free Member

We will be there with a few teams(two soloists and a trio), Im riding in a mixed trio for a change.

Gordymac
    Fyrishbikes.com

Rod

I’ll be there (on an On-One ti 29er singlespeed)

swavis

I’m going. Entered as a pair again. Hope it isn’t quite as hot as last year, sunny and warm will do nicely 8)

jojoA1
    Free Member

I’m in a trio this year. My partner for pairs is injured and I didn’t feel up to soloing. Looking forward to it as it’s always a blast 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

jojo you look after jayne now ! ….i took her out yesterday and she may have a slightly sore finger now after a wee over the bars incident :s

ill be there solo , not decided gears(red merida) or SS.(gf rig 29er with pannier rack ) Last time i SSed it i did quite well , cant decide whether id be any quicker on gears or not !

mr_stru

I shall be there solo. It seemed a good idea in the post christmas haze.

I take it when you say muddy you mean in a trail centre muddy sort of way rather than a Mayhem/SITS/Somme sort of way?

trail_rat
    Free Member

they mean a slight spattering of mud , your tires may get a slight damp patch

nothing like mayhem trust me.

falkirk-mark

I will be going up as a pair .Going to struggle as I am not in as nearly good nick as last year

jojoA1
    Free Member

I will look after my teamie, TR. Don’t you worry. Just don’t flippin break her before she gets there!!! 🙄

Stu_N

Yep. Solo. Again.

Hopefully on a Blue Rush with Lefty (“hopefully” because currently certain crucial bits are in the postal system. Eeeek.)

Metcheck looks just about perfect. If we all believe _really_ hard then should be OK. Last year was hotter than the West Highlands has any right to be so hoping for a bit cooler than that.

Mr Stru – yep, pretty much muddy as in “trail centre muddy”. Almost all of the course holds up really well in anything, they usually chuck in a few short natural bits to keep the spice levels up and they get a bit gooey if it rains (which it hasn’t done since 10UTB 2006 I don’t think) but we’re not looking at Catton Park or Malverns Muck.

afmell
    Free Member

I’ll be there – can’t decide between the P7 One (in tasty black) or On One Ti 29er (singlespeed), but since both have been mentioned I now have to consider going with the rather too beautiful Singular Swift – hmmmm. Luckily I’m in a trio so I get some rests 😀

Dougal
    Free Member

Meeeeeeeeeee!

Gordy – Going soft eh?

mr_stru

I guess I have to wait a few more weeks for the annual bike pushing ritual then.

Even the met office site is predicting sunshine and it tends to be a lot more pessimistic than the rose tinted model metcheck uses.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Vet Pairs for me (Dunracin’)

Yellow and blue Dunfermline CC shirt, red Kinesis, old, slow, huffing and puffing like Stevenson’s Rocket.

Alek
    Free Member

Soloist here too. Flying the flag for Squarewheels/Fyrishbikes.com

See you all there. (hopefully with sunnies!!)

oldmanbreezer
    Free Member

Another solo rider joining in the fun.

Weather looks great so here’s hoping the sun keeps those bloody midgees away.

mr_stru

oldmanbreezer – forecast looks like there’ll be a bit of a breeze which is more likely to keep the midges down.

kcal

In a trio (probably just as well). None so unprepared. Oh dear.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Going as part of a trio.

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

In a pair. Aiming to cramp up less than last year and finish each lap with a grin on me face 😀

BoardinBob

Is this a pretty fair reflection of the elevation profile?

http://www.sharemyroutes.com/routes/United-Kingdom/Nevis-Range-Scotland/10-Under-the-Ben-Lap/routeprofile.aspx

Looks like a lot of climbing!

jojoA1
    Free Member

Well, do say hello if you pass me. I’ll be in my Mlehboro fag packet top or my Minx Girl top on a Kona HeiHei and laughing like a loon or gurning like a maniac. 🙂

falkirk-mark

Who is all at the 10 campsite ?

BoardinBob

Me.

I’ll be the sad fat bloke camped by himself

falkirk-mark

BB I am sure you could join up for a friday night pre race beer.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Won’t you all be ‘up the top’ at the registration bit til the bar closes on Friday night?

inbred

I’m going as a pair, missed the last two years so looking forward to doing the race again.

falkirk-mark

Jojo I think you can register on Sat morn , after the amount of time I was up top and pitched my tent last year I was thinking not bothering going up top if I didn’t need to.

daveb
    Free Member

Im going along, entered as a pair and first time of doing this course so should be interesting (7 weeks with minimal biking after a back injury hasnt been the best prep but hopefully it will be fun).

marty
    Free Member

was thinking not bothering going up top if I didn’t need to.
    well worth it for the views and nice cold pint on the verandah IMHO*. 🙂

* if it’s as nice a night as last year.

BoardinBob

Jojo I think you can register on Sat morn , after the amount of time I was up top and pitched my tent last year I was thinking not bothering going up top if I didn’t need to.

Is it a hassle to register up top?

I’m leaving Glasgow about 9am on Friday morning so I should be up at FW for 1pm-ish giving me plenty of time to get the tent pitched.

marty
    Free Member

was a bit of a queue at sign on when i hit it last year. the queue went past the bar…

falkirk-mark

I did not arrive till about 7pm last year and after going up to register I started putting my tent up at 9pm,

BoardinBob

Jeebus 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Who’s all going to 10 Under The Ben this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.