Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Whoops…. visit from the po po today
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Speeding offence from a covert speed camera. (Yup they are hidden in turrets here! see pic below) Clocked me doing in excess of 45km/h over the limit which was 80km/h…. ( So in old money close to 90 when I should have being doing 50.

SHYTE

Car’s gonna be impounded for 28 days. Obs costs there for storage. Cops coming to see me today. I know the road well, super dry, sunny, just wanted to get past a couple of cars the were on the inside lane, I could see a gap ahead and accelerated to get to that point for perhaps 700-800m. Obvs caught bang to rights so will likely end up in court / fine and fees. Will see what the cops want to do when they come see me soon.

Like this one but was well hidden in bushes (dry dead long grasses) by side of road in a rural area.

Poopscoop

You know people on here are going to want to see pics of you burnt at the stake for speeding?!

Edit: Also the speed cam looks like a repurposed Sinclair C5. WTAF??!!

neilco
    Free Member

You’re in Aus, right? Me too. Have often thought that is the speeding ticket I’ll get when you ‘just’ push it a bit to get past a couple of cars in that short overtaking section. Annoying as hell but as you’ve already said yourself: bang to rights.

Where was it? And hope the fine isn’t too large but double demerits will hurt!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aphex_2k
    Free Member

Wasn’t in double demerits period

Cops just been charge is reckless driving. However the traffic act says reckless is 45 over the limit or greater than 155. They told me I was 42 over so I don’t see this as reckless in the eyes of the law but waiting in thrm to call me back. Car is booked for impound but I’m not sure if this still happens as the lower charge of dangerous driving I’m not sure has a forced impound.

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Awwwww diddums. 😩😩😩. 🙄

Fat-boy-fat

If you are in Victoria  there is a letter somewhere on the internet that you can send in basically saying you’re an idiot and you won’t do it again. If it is your 1st offence, it might get you off but, given the amount you were over, mebbes no.

Alphabet

Are you still allowed to drive while your car is impounded if you have a 2nd car?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I can still drive a car until the court decide what my punishment will be. Could be a 6 month ban and fine. Was signed off from work the previous week due to stress and diabetic burnout. I went back to work on the Monday after the Sunday I was caught speeding but only just got notified of the offence. No priors bar a few km over and $100 fine, no demerits. I have 2 demerits from Jan 18. Have since been signed off work and currently on annual leave which was pre booked. Was stressed as my insulin pump hasn’t been working properly since I got it, so three months of poor broken sleep which affected my work to the point where I was having panic attacks and put this down to work stress not the pump / lack of sleep but all adds up.

As I previously said I’ve admitted I was wrong but will just have to surrender my car for 28 days and see what happens on court.

Appreciate the diddums comment, really helpful. You have no idea what my life has been like the last couple of years and I really don’t give a flying fk of your opinion. Wish I was as righteous as you.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sounds pretty harsh but if I’m honest, fair. Just ignore the self righteous comments, you’re damned whether you deny it or hold your hands up so best not bothering with them.

Also the speed cam looks like a repurposed Sinclair C5. WTAF??!!

I thought it was made from Robot Wars spares.

martinhutch

Got a touch of the Cylon about it, too.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah it’s fair. I was speeding. Just many factors than just a heavy foot. Been driving since I was 17 and never done anything like this. Not even a sneaky beer or two. Always sober just cant believe I was going so much over the limit. I looked at the googke maps route from my starting point and it says 36 mins to home. My gps timeline says I was back in 35 mins so clearly I was on the limit for the majority of the journey, jusy seems 800m getting past a couple of cars and into the correct lane was excessive. You kind of get sick of the people who match your speed and dont let you back over so I just wanted to get ahead of these couple of cars with a safe distance ahead rather than cutting across too soon. Go hum life’s a bitch eh

bikebouy
    Free Member

What’s a Po Po?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Fat-boy-fat

Yeah found one. Will do one and catch a lawyer after the weekend. Thanks

nuke

Appreciate the diddums comment, really helpful.

Reread your original post and i don’t even know what help you are asking for so i don’t know why you originally posted? Bit like the QC tweeting about fox & the baseball bat killing … don’t share it if you don’t want opinions.

You have no idea what my life has been like the last couple of years and I really don’t give a flying fk of your opinion

How is that relevant to a speeding ticket?

zippykona

What’s a Po Po?

Sounds like the police.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Po po is what “cool” people call tbe police these days. Get with it grandad.

theboatman
    Free Member

🙂 this is like exactly like being on the speed awareness course I recently had to do, but like, I was just passing a camper van as the road went all hard to overtake after that bit. But whilst I drive pretty fast, I’m not reckless or owt and I wasn’t drunk, and y’know I had a lot of stuff going on and a lot on my plate.

So,like, erm but yeah I was speeding but it’s no big deal, right?

zilog6128

The 28 days impound is a great idea, why can’t we have that in the UK? And on the 3rd strike crush it obvs 🤡

easily
    Free Member

90 when you should have been doing 50! That’s +80% of the limit!

I understand your reasoning, all the ‘just trying to get ahead’ stuff, but really there’s no excuse for that. +20% I could maybe understand.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Nuke I wasn’t asking for anything but as many find writing things down in bkack and white kind of helpful i though it might help clear things up in my own head. I wasn’t asking for or expecting opinions but obvs this is stw and some people can’t help being dicks can they? Don’t worry I’m not offended this is par for the course here.

Theboatman:must be hard being so perfect hey?

I’m not going to reply to ridiculous comments. Crack on if you feel you must.

tomhoward

You have no idea what my life has been like

Did The Eagles sing about you?

theboatman
    Free Member

@aphex_2k I was on a speed awareness course mate, so clearly I’m a prick like you. But seems it did make me reflect on the crap I do, how pious of me hey.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

90 when you should have been doing 50! That’s +80% of the limit!

I understand your reasoning, all the ‘just trying to get ahead’ stuff, but really there’s no excuse for that. +20% I could maybe understand.

Yup. I know. Long gentle down hill. 2 lanes. Visibility for some distance. No side entrances / junctions. No houses as industrial area and no trucks as it was a Sunday. Bizarre to have a long straight dry road at 80 but single lane windy road through the hills 110.

We all get our day(s) in court I suppose.

CraigW
    Free Member

Maybe you shouldn’t be driving if you are not fit to do so.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

heboatman

@aphex_2k
    I was on a speed awareness course mate, so clearly I’m a prick like you. But seems it did make me reflect on the crap I do, how pious of me hey.

But it took getting caught and attending the course to make you reflect, or did you reflect on your driving before getting caught?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

CraigW

Maybe you shouldn’t be driving if you are not fit to do so.

Maybe. Hindsight is 2020 though my friend.

Twodogs

You were doing 90mph in a 50 zone?!

Also

No priors bar a few km over and $100 fine, no demerits.

And

I have 2 demerits from Jan 18

Are demerits penalty points? Are you saying these have expired?

mikey3
    Free Member

Racist.

hols2
    Free Member

I wasn’t asking for or expecting opinions but obvs this is stw and some people can’t help being dicks can they?

Do you see yourself as the pot or the kettle in all this? FFS, you were 40 km/h over the limit. If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.

theboatman
    Free Member

But it took getting caught and attending the course to make you reflect, or did you reflect on your driving before getting caught?

Took a course fella and being honest it hasn’t fixed me. But I’m not on here giving it the ‘oh woe is me’.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So you got nothing from the awareness course? Just no points / fine?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Two dogs

Demerits stay on for three years. The last actual speeding ticket was a fine and no demerits. (or points) the two demerits I have expire eventually but this offense is beyond demerit points hence magistrates court.

I was doing 88mph in a 55mph zone or thereabouts.

Oh well batteries about to die so I’m going home. Trip the the beach dud wonders to clear my head. Thanks for some of the nicer comments and opinions.

mikey3
    Free Member

Bless

spekkie
    Free Member

What car where you driving?? I think we need to know all the relevant information so that we can assess your character correctly…..

CraigW
    Free Member

Sleep deprivation can cause as much impairment as drink driving.

antigee

Bizarre to have a long straight dry road at 80 but single lane windy road through the hills 110

in Victoria and reason we are getting 80 (km/hr MAX not 80 plus a bit) zones more and more in odd places is bad bad driving. Easier to reduce speed limit than try and teach sensible/defensive driving…fed up with it as many rural roads are potentially safer for faster driving but not driving to the conditions/not reacting to poor driving by others/not taking care near junctions/blind bends/summits means lower limits/double lines all over the place …drive like a dick..all the time and you get a road rule that tries to make it painful but also punishes those that have a way to rare in Aus’ vague idea of driving to the conditions/defensively…as to overtaking lanes I usually drop 5-10km/hr below the limit to let the tailgaters for the last few KM’s pass..can drive any road at the speed limit and get a bit unhappy that those that want to go faster don’t just pass illegally rather than sit 2m behind then pass and then sit at limit after letting pass…must get in front

PS and I’d be very happy with much lower limits in urban areas …and breathe

theboatman
    Free Member

So you got nothing from the awareness course? Just no points / fine?

The course which costs the same as the fine, strangely enough, has certainly stopped me speeding on the brow of the hill where that crawler ends. In fairness I would say I speed less as it did point out the blindingly obvious fact that all the reasons I used to use for speeding are cr@p, so I’m just a bit late more often than I was.

BigJohn

As I always read 2k as “twin” it’s a shame Aphex won’t have a window to lick for a month. Plenty of time to play the digeridoo though.

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Wish I was as righteous as you.

And I wish you wouldn’t drive a car when you don’t have any self control about how fast and/or dangerously you are driving, but not all wishes come true do they?

If your health and other situations mean you can’t drive safely they you shouldn’t be driving. Sorry if cold hard facts upset you.

v8ninety

Jeez. Speeding threads really do bring out the holier than thou crowd, don’t they? 😂🙄 those without sin, and all that jazz…

Keep smiling OP. I’m sure it’ll all work out okay in the end. The smart arse posters above are the thread equivalent of those annoying drivers that do 55 in a 60, and then 40 in a 30. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Whoops…. visit from the po po today’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts