Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wholebean instant coffee
  • Pieface

Does anyone think its actually any better than the normal instant stuff? The only thing I can see is that its a bit frothier.

I’m currently on the Nescafe Azera (half price offer) and I’m thinking it tastes the same as the Dowe Egberts that I had before, and to get a decent coffee you use quite a lot. I’ve used nearly half a 100g pot since Tuesday morning.

jon1973
    Free Member

Not that much better than normal, half decent quality instant except it’s twice the price. Not as nice a proper coffee.

I got some when it was on offer (half price) at £2, but wouldn’t pay much more that that.

lank45
    Free Member

🙁

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Does anyone think its actually any better than the normal instant stuff

No

What response did you possibly hope to get other than this, when asking that question, about instant coffee, on here. 🙄

Northwind

I don’t think it’s any better than other decent instants- frexample I’m on the cafe direct machu picchu just now which is just standard instant, only nicer- pretty damn good IMO, I’ve had a lot of worse cups of “real” coffee.

But then, I am a pleb and possibly not a Proper Coffee Drinker.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But then, I am a pleb and possibly not a Proper Coffee Drinker.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i found the kenco millicano better than nescafe azera by some margin, but thats not saying much. i knew even a half price offer wouldn’t make anything by nescafe taste any good.

bigjim

yep, millicano beats normal instant for a quick cuppa for me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Does anyone think its actually any better than the normal instant stuff?

Yes, I think so. Well, Starbucks Via does. Pretty insipid compared to cafetiere coffee but better than instant. The amount of whole beans in them varies a lot though, check the ingredients.

epicsteve
    Free Member

The Starbucks instant coffee is pretty good – certainly better than any other instant I’ve tried.

Pieface

The Starbucks one costs a fortune.

I think Which did a test and the Starbucks one was the worst both in test and VFM.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I prefer the azera over the others, and more than most regular instant coffee. But I just buy whatever is on offer…

MrSmith
    Free Member

‘Wholebean’ so which part of the bean do they omit for their cheaper coffee?
    the coffee cherries (yes they are a fruit) have the husks removed when processed and you are left with the bean that is then dried and finally roasted. I can’t see how coffee cannot be ‘whole bean’ unless they are adding cascara which is the dried husks left over from washing/drying/processing (highly unlikely)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wholebean instant coffee’ is closed to new replies.