Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • who'd win in a fight, you or your dad?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

its you vs your dad, but not you dad as he is now, as he was at your current age. who’d win?

fair fist fight, none of thems weapons

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m built like my mum. He wouldn’t stand a chance (against either of us).

chiefgrooveguru

This thread makes me sad…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d take him down in a heartbeat, and whats more I’d enjoy it.

[edit]
    I’m generally a very placid character and would never deliberately pick a fight with anyone. I suppose in a bizarre sort of way i owe everything I am today to not wanting to be anything like my father.

wwaswas

My dad is 6’6″ tall and at his prime was 18stone of muscle.

He’s 75 now much the same height and weighs 24 stone.

I’m 6’1″ weight 12 stone and wouldn’t have stood a chance, then or now.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m about a foot taller than my dad and have been since i was about 12, but neither of us are fighters at all, we’d probably both try and talk our way out of it. so for us… stalemate.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Me, but only because when he was 48 my father was riddled with cancer and had already lost one eye to it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Me. He never tried hitting me again. I was eight.

acidchunks

6′, 14st and healthy vs 5’8″, 11st alcoholic chain smoker

I think I’d have to be sporting and give him some sort of weapon…nothing sharp though…

tang
    Free Member

My dad is a potter, so from all that wedging and throwing he’s stacked. I look like Bradley wiggins post tour…

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t we both be in our prime? I’m too old for fighting now, and I suspect he was at my age too.

freeagent
    Free Member

My Dad would have kicked my arse.

johndoh
    Free Member

Me. He never tried hitting me again. I was eight.

anagallis_arvensis

Dont know never met him

rogerthecat
    Free Member

He’s 90 years old in October and still my best mate, cannot think of any reason I would ever fight him, even hypothetically.

But, as he made me go to Judo & Jitsu from age 12 then I suspect I may have the upper hand as he never did. Although he was a fit bloke at my age.

DezB
    Free Member

😆 at johndoh. Can you imagine being beaten up by an 8 yo?

Junkyard
    Free Member

he was a pisshead and i do martial arts so it would be quite short and rather one sided. Tbh i think i could evade him till he had a heart attack, wanted another drink or needed a pee.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Tbh i think i could evade him till he had a heart attack, wanted another drink or needed a pee.

😀

AdamW
    Free Member

This thread also makes me sad. 😥

Pigface
    Free Member

My dad was a dude, he died when I was 18, in his youth he was a wild one, he used to tell these amazing stories and it was always one of his brothers doing these crazy things. I only found out after he died that it was him who was the crazy man.

He fought in the war as well and I am pretty sure he took some peoples lives, he never talked about it apart from the bits when he was wounded (shot in the stomach) in the Anzio campaign. Funny stories about being stationed on the East Anglian coast and shooting at mines that they would sometimes see. They hit one once with the Bren Gun he said it knocked them all flat and he instructed the gunner to clean the gun fast, a short time later the C.O. turned up demanding to know what the explosion had been.

My dad could of kicked my ass every which way but he wouldn’t of he was a caring honest decent loving man. I still miss him.

samuri
    Free Member

My dad was an ex-soldier of a special variety. He’d win one-handed.

surfer
    Free Member

Blokes were tougher years ago. My dad was in the Army and was a good boxed I understand. He would have battered me without a doubt.
    Sadly not around any more.

Edit: this thread makes me sad as well

khani
    Free Member

I’d stand and take a beating rather than raise my hands to my dad..
    RIP dad…
    Sad thread +1

D0NK

I’m taller, better reach, probably fiter than he was, he’s more compact maybe a bit more weight behind him. Just don’t think I’ve got the fighter instinct, after a couple of punches I’d be all “can’t we talk about this instead?” he’s quite hardy I on the other hand am a fanny, he’d probably kick my arse

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Me 6’1″ 15st ex para, and doorman. Dad 6’8″ 20+ stone viking lunatic. it would be close for the first 15 seconds or so after that i’d be unconcious. 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

Khani +1

Screw it I would take a beating off of all your dads to just have another minute with mine 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

me.. when My dad was 38 he’d been dead for 3 and a half years

piknmix +1

khani
    Free Member

Pic n Mix +1

unklehomered
    Free Member

I suppose in a bizarre sort of way i owe everything I am today to not wanting to be anything like my father.

+1

rocketman
    Free Member

Would never have fought with my dad and he never even raised his voice to me we were the best of friends

unklehomered
    Free Member

My dad was in the Army and was a good boxed I understand

???

crikey
    Free Member

My dad won a scholarship to the grammar school and had to run a gauntlet of abuse most days on the way home, until the day a couple of lads threw mud on his uniform.

His mum, my grandma, wept in the shop when they went to buy it because they didn’t have the money to pay for it without severe hardship.

He went home, took his uniform off, got into his old clothes and exacted clinical, and extremely harsh physical revenge.

When his dad, my grandad came home and heard the tale, he went to see the parents of the lads, and the uniform was washed, ironed and returned in time for school the next day.

Both my dad and my grandad would beat me senseless when in their respective primes, yet neither ever raised more than their voices to me.

Times were different, for sure.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

DezB – Member

at johndoh. Can you imagine being beaten up by an 8 yo?

Well, he’d already driven my sister out of the house by smacking her in the face a year earlier. I think me hitting him back was a shock too far.

antigee

last time i saw my Dad I was 16 and he was in a straight jacket in a cell but that was nearly 40years ago and a year later he was dead so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt

nacho
    Free Member

Phil, can I ask what made you think of this thread?

FWIW my Dad has my utmost respect and I would never try to harm him, I would take the beating. Although TBH he got to a boxing final in the armey and I can’t remember the last time I had a fight so he would win anyway. He is 76 and cycling LEJOG, starting next week, target 55 miles a day, camping en-route and raising money for Devon Air Ambulance. Go Dad!

D0NK

Phil, can I ask what made you think of this thread?

I thought it sounded fight club inspired, obviously bringing up sad/bad memories for some so not as flippant as I first thought, me being insensitive, nothing new there 🙁

BoardinBob

Irishman that was/ is harder than a coffin nail. I’d give myself about 30 seconds

Klunk
    Free Member

don’t know but my son could absolutely batter me, I’d be down and out and toothless before finishing the sentence “Hey son fancy a fight”.

DezB
    Free Member

Some have taken it a tad too seriously. To be expected on here.

wwaswas

Given the direction this thread has taken: I was speaking purely hypothetically and yes, it is nice that he’s still around for me to be able to make the judgement without a sense of sadness at his passing or anger at his living.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘who'd win in a fight, you or your dad?’ is closed to new replies.