Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Who would you nominate to mod and why?
  • binners

Don’t be bringing references to the other depraved filth you visit, young lady!!!! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Send them to me, I’ll vet them.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Modesty prevents me from making my nomination, but an internet order for a ‘jumbo superwhammer’ banhammer has been made.

Anybody who disagrees……

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t be bringing references to the other depraved filth you visit, young lady!!

Yeah! Just email me the links. please.

emsz
    Free Member

I dont look at filth!!! ( well, occasional redit, but doesn’t everyone?)

Just this site pretty much everyone knows the score. Sometimes it feels a bit like you’re being picked on, I’ve been modded for stuff that other people seem to get away with, but I suppose it keeps the mongers away

Jamie
    Free Member

I dont look at filth!!! ( well, occasional redit, but doesn’t everyone?)

Reddit? Of course not. That’s for young people.

Stoner
    Free Member

but I suppose it keeps the mongers away

and this is where you have to tread carefully emsz: one persons “mong” is another persons “dyke”.

Rarely intentional offence, but care needed all the same.

Now thats my job application completed, can I be a mod now? 🙂

wwaswas

it keeps the mongers away

Charlie the bike monger always seems to slip under the radar.

druidh
    Free Member

It should go out to tender. I’m sure I could do it for less than the current Mods are getting.

I already reports more posts than anyone else so I’m half-way there. It would save a lot of emails if I could Mod them myself.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

emsz – Member

but I suppose it keeps the mongers mingers away

That would be the “minghammer”. Vote for me. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

pretty sure I give you a run for your money DruidH 😉

What I like most is the feedback you get.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is the reporting bit a joke, druidh?

While I understand the need for an anonymous reporting function, I am puzzled by how frequently it appears to be used without an accompanying – I have just reported you because – post. As a practice it seems a little underhand and not really that helpful. Perhaps that is one factor in other’s comments about not undertandng the mod rules well enough, which I kind of agree with. I only found out much later that one person seemed to spend his whole time reporting my posts anonymously. Bit sad really. But you are left guessing that moderation is influenced more by the reaction to something than hard-and-fast rules. But given that is seems to work, perhaps we shouldn’t complain 😉

Anyway, chapeau to the mods. This forum works well with a pretty good balance in addressing the more robust aspects on STW. And a pretty thankless task I would imagine – so thank you!

druidh
    Free Member

Yep – that crate of beer was very welcome before Xmas.

Stoner
    Free Member

This forum works well with a pretty good balance in addressing the more robust aspects on STW.

just got to finish working on a fix for the classifieds now 😉

druidh
    Free Member

I would simply refer you to the very first post on this page..

Just doing my bit for the community Mods.

Junkyard
    Free Member

THM i tend to report stuff i think they will care about – spam from paypal when a gypsy thread starts – we know where they end up – that sort of thing rather than report posts because IGAS.

I dont really report arguing baiting type stuff as tbh i have no idea what their rules are beyond inconsistent. I accept that is inevitable with a multi mod system rather than intentional

Would be interested to see what the top number of reports is I guess I do a couple a week???

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Druidh, that’s a good point but still think that an accompanying post would be helpful and poss save time for the mods. Bit of self regulation? But accept that this doesn’t always work!

Jamie
    Free Member

I only report DezB’s posts.

loum
    Free Member

…one person seemed to spend his whole time reporting my posts anonymously.

The “report post” option seems to be only available for me when logged in to my stw account.
    How were they doing this?

binners

I only report Jamie when he picks on me, and blames me for stuff. I never bothered before, until he blamed me for the birth of Margaret Thatcher. Thus implying that everything that’s ever gone wrong EVER! was indirectly my fault

Stoner
    Free Member

loum – I think he means anonymously to him. i.e. without a post in the thread by the reporter saying why they felt the need to report him.

yossarian
    Free Member

I got a free subscription for reporting elfinsafety 10 times. Apparently i was ‘helping the cause’ whatever that means.

Rubber_Buccaneer

No one person, a committee with all actions requiring unanimous agreement. I will draw up a list.

Drac

I dont really report arguing baiting type stuff as tbh i have no idea what their rules are beyond inconsistent.

Well there’s also another reason why you may not report them. 😉

We do try to be consistent and people will often say they’ve seen worse posts but that’s just it, if they’re not reported we may well have not seen them.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mark, Drac, Merlinman, earlier….
    😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well there’s also another reason why you may not report them.

acts innocent whistles nonchalantly

We do try to be consistent and people will often say they’ve seen worse posts but that’s just it, if they’re not reported we may well have not seen them.

i have reported far worse than my last ban and those posts were not modded or deleted i was thinking of using some of them in the future to highlight your errors when I get smitted by the hammer…..would this be wise 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Why wait?

Drac

We also look at previous history. That’s as far the discussion will from my side.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I always heed the advice of the mods [ often too late to read my emails and act on the warning though] 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Ooops, see what I said up there, that’s pretty much standard stuff amongst my friends. Soz.

I’d be a rubbish mod LOL

Cougar

I’d probably nominate Cougar, if only for his jokes.

I wouldn’t be able to swing the Ban Hammer without whistling Crockett’s Theme.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I never bothered before, until he blamed me for the birth of Margaret Thatcher. Thus implying that everything that’s ever gone wrong EVER! was indirectly my fault

well, seriously, if that’s not reason to report someone then what is?

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Who would you nominate to mod and why?’ is closed to new replies.