Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Who will get to ride their bike over Christmas then?
  • dknwhy

Does anyone with kids get to go out Christmas day?

Christmas day is a definite no for me but i’m hoping for a short road ride on Boxing Day and the 27th. On childcare duty between Xmas and New Year while my other half works so maybe the odd evening ride or weekend after New Year.

Nobby

Boxing day, 28th & the 18th consecutive running of the “New Year’s Day Hangover Bimble” should do me.

creamegg
    Free Member

probably not xmas day but planning riding a lot between now and going back to work in january

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Were planing some kind of riding on Christmas Day. Gisburn or a road ride over the moors is on the cards.

Esme
    Free Member

Rivington on Christmas Day, followed by a curry.
    No slaving over a hot stove for me this year 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

Road ride on Christmas day, probably just a quick spin.

lunge

May get a little night ride in at the end of Christmas day, Port intake depending.
    Boxing day I’ll be out for a few hours with the wife. After that I’ll get a couple of big days in at some point, not sure when exactly.

ekul
    Free Member

Revolution bike park booked for the 27th with my brother. Hope it’s still on and rideable given all the rain we’ve had recently. First proper spin out for the new downhill bike 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, dancing shoes on, cap on, clip in..

I expect to see on my rideout kids with new bikes, skateboards, rollerskating and nerf guns.

Shall be a lovely quiet ride I reckon.

Enjoy it.

mattbee

Boxing Day for me, was hoping to be on my new 650b Bandit but I guess the lbs took me at my word when I told them I wasn’t in a rush for the wheels they are building, not wanting to look like an impatient twunt when I dropped the hubs off on the 14th. Was hoping to have them by now, but I suppose I’ll have to manage on the little wheeled Bandit instead. My life is sooo hard!

takisawa2

I foretell a few early morning / evening forages awhilst the family doze in front of the telly, in a Quality Street induced semi-coma.

jekkyl

Out round local bridleways on saturday night, maybe round Cannock on Sunday if I’m lucky then me n ma mate doing a new years Eve ride, up to some hill to watch the fireworks at midnight.

Harry_the_Spider

Road bike ready should the chance to go arrise.

binners

Probably. I’m in the lucky position of having great trails from the front door, so don’t have to plan owt. Just head out when I get the chance

Another spot of this again on the 29th though, with the other Monday Night Ride mob 😀

pirahna
    Free Member

Christmas Day – Thetford forest
    Boxing Day – club road ride
    Saturday – road ride
    Sunday – short road ride in the morning
    Monday to Wed – turbo
    New Years day – club road ride
    2nd Jan – spin in the gym
    3rd – short road ride
    4th – club road ride

Bregante

My bikes are 200 miles away. 🙄

russyh
    Free Member

Was out yesterday, may try and sneak a ride in this afternoon and out at Llandegla on 30th. Maybe more if I allow the wife to go Xmas shopping

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Boxing Day for me at the least. Will also try and get something else in before Hogmanay then probably the 2nd.

701arvn
    Free Member

I will definitely be out for a quick spin round the village with all the other kids with new bikes, really looking forward to it, as I have not done this since I was 14 – 33 years ago.

Brilliant!

somouk
    Free Member

I went to Cwmcarn on Monday, will take a spin around the local trails today and then maybe Cannock on Saturday or Sunday if the weather holds out.

Yet to decide what to do the following week when the Mrs is back at work and I’m not.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Deffo – off up to Yorkshire, my father-in-law’s into cycling as well (I’m a bit apprehensive about being able to keep up judging by his recent Strava efforts!), so the bike’s coming too. Boxing Day ride, then another on the 28th. Then a few more once we’re up in North Yorks for New Year’s. Bit worried about ice on the roads, mind!

Edit – Looking at some of the above posts, I think a few people may have missed the “anyone with kids” element of OP… Either that or they are impressively dedicated to biking/luckier than me!

Sue_W
    Free Member

piranha … that’s my kind of Christmas holiday 🙂

I’m starting today:
    – Christmas Eve: road ride up Pen-y-Pass
    – Christmas Day: mountain bike or road ride round Conwy (why waste the daylight hours cooking! Christmas dinner is best in the evening 🙂 )
    – Boxing Day Mince Pie Bimble: mulled wine ride with friends
    – Sunday: hard hilly club ride (or cyclocross race)

… and continue …

Happy Christmas / Nadolig Llawen to all! Have a fab time 🙂

Andy-R

I’d have gone out today (‘cos it’s dry and bright for a change), except plans have been made for me which involve picking my wife up from work at 1pm and then delivering presents to our grandchildren.
    Maybe tomorrow morning, if I’m good.

kimbers

At the in laws up in Liverpool llandegla with some northern area on Saturday

Gary_M
    Free Member

Saturday – road ride
    Monday to Wed – turbo
    3rd – short road ride
    4th – club road ride

There’s nothing like a bit of spontaneity.

willard

Yup. Planning a nice trip out on Christmas morning whilst out at my mum’s house. Might be the road bike, might be the mountain bike. I’ll see what takes my fancy on the day.

MoreCashThanDash

Short ride Boxing Day morning.

Wife and kids go away Sunday – long road ride.

Commuting Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday on the hilly road route as there will be less traffic.

Don’t anticipate riding New Years Day 😳

Commuting on Friday 2nd, normal service thereafter.

benman
    Free Member

Saturday – road ride
    Monday to Wed – turbo
    3rd – short road ride
    4th – club road ride

Are you trapped in Groundhog day?

binners

Saturday – road ride
    Monday to Wed – turbo
    3rd – short road ride
    4th – club road ride

No big piss ups planned then? Sitting on the sofa, scratching your arse and farting, as you shovel another mince pie in, and shout to see if someone can grab you another beer out of the fridge, as you can’t seem to get up? 😀

Vortexracing

I had better do

I have 105 miles to reach my 5000 miles in the year, I bit well p1$$ed off if I don’t 🙁

kja78
    Free Member

I’m in Swanage for the hols. I can hear the Purbeck hills calling and every time I walk past my Piglet in the hall it gives me that look. I’m hoping that by taking my children and nephew to see Paddington this morning I’ll earn enough brownie points to get out for a few rides.

loughor
    Free Member

Yup, similar to vortex. Bus to work in the morning and ride home, 25 km for 8,000 km for the year.

matt_outandabout

Yes. Yes I will, and have.
    The canoe has been out too…

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’m similar – earlier in the year I thought I’d get 4,000 (non-commuting) miles. That’s now not going to happen, so 3,500 is my only achievable landmark but it’s still a way off… 😡

cookeaa

My missus said last night that I should be able to get out and ride over the week after Christmas, I simply replied with a sceptical “alright then”…

We both know full well that there are a myriad of activities pre-booked by her which she’s either not mentioned or not put in any calendar or diary. My attendance will be mandatory, then we’ll be off to my parents for a couple of days post boxing day and I won’t get to ride there either.

Realistically I will get two road rides in I reckon as the road bike is functional (I have no time to sort out the MTBs) and any time I might have ear marked for riding will inevitably clash with her plans.

Each ride will be promptly followed by recriminations…

Merry Christmas ya’ll

momo

I’ve arranged a local loop on saturday afternoon when we get home from the next few days of family duties. next week is already fairly booked up, but I’m hoping to get the year started properly with a peak epic after new years.

Drac

Nope not me today I’m cooking food and sorting the house, tomorrow is Xmas so as I’m off I’ll spending it with the family, Boxing Day I’m visiting friends then off to work all weekend.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m driving to Austria on Xmas day but Boxing day I’m planning on riding up the biggest mountain I can find until I reach the snow line! And then see how far I get.

Esme
    Free Member

I think a few people may have missed the “anyone with kids” element of OP
    Ahem . . . some of us have kids old enough to “do their own thing”.

And, these days, younger kids often have to be time-shared between mum (and her new partner), dad (and his new partner) and various grandparents. Not everyone is lucky enough to spend Christmas with their children or grandchildren.

wors

My lads having a new bike for Christmas, so yes I will definitely be out 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Who will get to ride their bike over Christmas then?’ is closed to new replies.