Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Who went out in the crap weather today?
  • dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

you’ve got to spend so long getting the bike sorted before you can even think of getting in a nice warm shower

errrrr 🙄

mcnultycop

I spent ages waiting for the rain to stop, it didn’t, so I did 28km on my local (Oldham) routes just as it was getting dark. Really grim and really muddy.

stewartc
    Free Member

Scorchio here, even did some mid ride swimming and woke this morning a little sunburnt…ah summer.

TiRed

What bad weather? Sunny here all morning for the Club 25 mile TT – my first ever.

boxelder

Tea ti,me trip round when latter north with the dog. Rain had stopped and Whitton crowds had dispersed. Pretty much kicked verbally out the door by Mrs b – was being grouchtastic.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

45 miles a hill and back before the rain, somewhere in Chesire/Staffordshire

fasthaggis

GT for a fast loop of the black then red.Thought we would get done before the rain,wrong.Hanging out the washing in the sun now 🙄

fasthaggis

Double laundry post 🙂

Stevelol
    Free Member

I headed off to Cut Gate after going there for a walk last weekend when the conditions were bone dry. It was still rideable yesterday but the route up past North America was fairly soft with the usually boggy stream crossings. The moor wasn’t too bad, just about wet enough to have fun splashing through the streams 😀 with a couple of hike-a-bike crossings. I was grinning all the way back.

martinhutch

20 miler local loop. Rain for the last five minutes, new rooty woods section found. Excellent!

globalti
    Free Member

52 road miles and 4200 ft of climb round the Ribble Valley, up Jefrey Hill twice but not too bad as I’ve lost some weight since April. Rain started soon after I reached home.

neninja
    Free Member

Five of us did a local 50km loop – started raining at 15km mark and didn’t stop until we got back at which point it brightened up.

Thank goodness for Gore gilets – wet arms but kept my core toasty.

gonzy
    Free Member

didnt go riding but ended up going down to a bike shop to help a friend part with his hard earned on a specialized stumpjumper evo comp… 😀

Kunstler

11 hours in the saddle and only two nasty squalls. Not bad for springtime in Scotland.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

The hill

dadster21
    Free Member

Yes – but forgot to change my tyres. I got so excited seeing dry (yes – DRY) trails that I put on my Crossmark tyres. Lovely in the dry – pants in the wet. It was fun at least but there are times on an epic where you really want to have some grip around those bends….Next time – I will check the weather before heading out. Come on Summer!! Where are you????? ❓

loddrik
    Free Member

Just got back from Llandegla, it was flipping windy!!!

davetrave
    Free Member

Went for a run.
    Got soaked.

This I don’t mind so much; kit in the washing machine, jump in the shower.. job done.

Assuming you can get your kit off in the first place – after 23 wet, cold and windy km across Mam Tor and Kinder had to sit stretched out over (folded) rear seats and boot with heater on full blast before I could get sufficient dexterity back in my fingers to be able to undo the double knots in my fell shoes (the groups of kids on DoE expeds in the Edale Valley looked at the half naked bloke, prostrate in the back of a steamed up car with curiosity and not a little concern…). Then had to spend 20 minutes rinsing peat out of my fell shoes, socks and debris gaiters before they were vaguely suitable to be allowed in the house/machine…!

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Who went out in the crap weather today?’ is closed to new replies.