Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Who went out in the crap weather today?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Me, and it was lovely. Most of the muddy bits of my local woods (well one of them) have had stones put down; all the trees had new leaves bursting everywhere like bright green raindrops; bluebells, mustard and whatever those little white flowers are over the entire forest floor.. it was beautiful. Of course I didn’t take my camera did I?

allthepies
    Free Member

Did just over 30 miles of pootling round the Surrey Hills. Rain started about 30 mins after we got home 🙂

Karl33to
    Free Member

Did 20 miles in the Lakes, rained from the very start till the end, but still great day out.

NickScots
    Free Member

I went Bouldering at RATHO. Mud did not inspire me……

nammynake
    Free Member

Did the Fred Whitton, the last 3 hours of which were in the pissing rain. Needed a foil blanket to get warm at the end!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

wyre forest, enjoyable enough, dryer than we thought, but then last hour it rained and roots got slippy, and became more challenging, but overall a decent outing

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I got two snakebites for my troubles today. Sweet.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Went to Cannock today and it wasn’t raining too much. Only started drizzling just at the end.

Trails were reasonably dry which was surprising as it rained all day yesterday. It’s a bit of a cone down after the dry weather of the bank holiday.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We jumped in the car and pootled over to Harvey Nic’s for a cocktail and lunch. Proceeded to wander around Hyde Park before a small smattering of rain. We then miandered down to Eaton Sq where we met up with mates and headed to our fave Cafe for espresso & cake.

Smashing day t’was, really smashing.

The only bike related stuff I did was unfold the foldie and pump up the tyres. 😀

davosaurusrex

Hour loop on the South Downs. Warm, breezy, bluebells out. Few shallow puddles that were easily avoided, bike still had dusty tyres when I got back, it was lovely. Rained since though.

boblo
    Free Member

Did a 70 on the tandem with Mrs Boblo. Was firkin windy.

bgd
    Free Member

Took the family to the Plymouth Skyride this afternoon. Hired a trailer for jr BGD and he loved it despite the drizzle.

vickypea
    Free Member

Didn’t MTB today but we did 87 miles on road bikes, largely in the peeing rain.

legend
    Free Member

Stood on top of a hill all day watching this:

IMG_7139 by mark_p2511, on Flickr

Nipper99
    Free Member

5hrs in the rain wind and fog at Afan on the cx bike – up the Wall climb and then a variety of forest roads and tracks.

nickc

30 miles with the missus on the road bikes. passed ( and were passed) by loads out today. Lovely to see, from old dears to brand new all the gears. made me smile.

tonyg2003

Beautiful morning here in Surrey. Took Jr for his first proper MTB adventure (he’s 10). We did the blue route at Swinley twice. He never battered an eyelid heading round all the berms and even cycled uphill past some guys pushing their bikes 🙂 24″ Kona Stinky was great for him. The only downside was getting some abuse (as we almost immdediately pulled over to let them through) from two twonks on the blue run.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Aston hill in the sunshine this morning, was ace! Glad I got up early because the afternoon was minging!

rewski
    Free Member

Wish I had, spent most of the morning washing and combing headlice out of my boys hair, and then my youngest swallows a pound coin, a&e all afternoon.

carlphillips
    Free Member

had an early morning road ride in very nice conditions.

br
    Free Member

30 miles in the Scottish Borders for me, and over 5000ft of climb – windy on (every) top…

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Crap weather? Had a fantastic road/gravel ride on the Tripster in the White Peak, with not a hint of rain. Did set off at 7am though…

simmy
    Free Member

Went out about 3 pm and it was chucking it down but I’d have ended up asleep if I hadn’t and not been able to sleep tonight.

Absolutely soaked.

Went Rivi and very few people were out, only the odd walker and one hardy fell runner. Was under a blanket of low cloud.

Couldn’t see a thing coming back down on the descent as my glasses had steamed up, full of grit so I took em off and was nearly blinded by the spray.

willv

Did the whitton too. Rain hit me just as I got to cold fell. Hard going after that.

bungle

Epping Forest @ 10’ish. Entertaing, dry rutted downhill tramlines, or dry + rain v slippery, or turn around and give up mud, or loamy stuff, or sand, all in 100 yards. Back just in time for a shower and up the boozer for the Spurs game. Get back after and pissing down so bike still in garden and almost clean already. Decent day all round.

just4fun
    Free Member

Went for a run.
    Got soaked.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Went for a run.
    Got soaked.

This I don’t mind so much; kit in the washing machine, jump in the shower.. job done. When you ride in really grotty weather you’ve got to spend so long getting the bike sorted before you can even think of getting in a nice warm shower 😉

jekkyl

I avoided it today as I’m ill, *cough* see? I did go out on friday morning for 37 miles and it rained almost all the time. Don’t you find when cycling you hit a sweet spot where you’re nicely warmed up and can go on for what seems like forever but when it rains you take much longer to get there and it’s not as good (high?) and doesn’t last as long. Maybe it’s psychological more than physical.

Gary_C

A few of us did 30 miles in the lakes today, the Sam Houghton Challenge route from Staveley. The rain held off until the descent off Garburn down to Troutbeck. Hard going in places, but it was good to be out though.

Garry_Lager

Did the Bash in the Lakes, which was good, but started from Grasmere which meant going over Blea Tarn from Thirlmere, which was not good. Couldn’t face a repeat on the return leg so just got on the road from Keswick round Back o Thirlmere (lovely road).

Re-spect to those on the Whitton today. Conditions were probably only a 6.5 / 10 on the Lake District misery scale, but must have been hard work.

sargey

Twenty miles around kinver area after the rain.

noteeth
    Free Member

Mendips – super-green, super-fun.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Gisburn. The weather was the least of the problems. People in track suits, no helmets and halfords specials stopping and laying their bikes down mid-berm for a rest was more of an issue…

mogrim

Perfect day for riding in Madrid: nice and sunny, not too hot, no wind. Did 100km on the road, couple of decent climbs for a total of 1780m of climbing, lovely.

Going to start pissing down from Tuesday on, though 🙁

belugabob
    Free Member

You mean the crap weather that started 10 minutes after I got back from a 26 mile ride in the sunshine with my mates?

Not me… 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What bad weather? 85k road ride dipping In to Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, Oxfordshire and Surrey. No rain, little windy, little bit sunburnt.

brakes
    Free Member

Did just over 30 miles of pootling round the Surrey Hills. Rain started about 30 mins after we got home

snap. lovely day for it – bit of surface slip in places, but otherwise dry. Dorking to Peaslake and back again via all the interesting bits plus a couple of runs of Barry’s.
    although my ride home from the station was drizzly.

joat

Watched the end of the Lincoln grand prix in the rain, after riding the 75 mile sportive yeesterday, which also finished in the rain.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Mrs Eye, the baby and the dog are all up in the Wales, so it was a weekend on wheels for me.

Yesterday 24 miles in Epping Forest, pretty much the same as Bungles experience – got soaked on the way home.

Today didn’t get up in time to go to Swinley so I went to BMX school at the local track. I was the biggest and slowest kid there. The guy running it lent me his Haro as I turned up on my MB.

2 hours later, I can pump (kind of) and now want a BMX. Looking forward to next week being down with the kidz upping my bike skillz.

Got soaked on the way home again, but it’s a small price to pay for being able to ride all weekend.

Simpsan
    Free Member

100k at Bucks Off Road Sportif, finished just head of the weather turning pants 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Who went out in the crap weather today?’ is closed to new replies.