Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • who was out riding today ?
  • Jamesy
    Free Member

Conditions were challenging today around cannock. Rain , sleet, hail… it was a blast though 🙂

Fair play if you were out in it today. only just got the feeling back in my feet 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Me

Sunny and bright in Edinburgh. One flurry of snow and ruddy cold.

37 miles around 3 pubs 🙂

grtdkad

Me. ‘kin windy!

… But fun!

garage-dweller

I was out. Cold and wet so only short rides – up and down the garden with my 2year old on his balance bike and me on my just rebuilt full sus bike. He’s just getting the hang of it and doesn’t care about the weather!

100mphplus
    Free Member

Went to Delamere, started to rain just as we left the car park and then stopped raining just as we got back 2.5 hours later 🙄

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Me – GT : snow, hail, blown off by wind. Horizontal hail. Horizontal snow. Sunshine. Great sunset. Had a ruddy great time! No pubs though!

mark90
    Free Member

Went to FOD and got there just after the rain stopped and had a muddy and slippery ride for a few hours. Almost needed the lights when we got back.

Stoner
    Free Member

Made a big effort yesterday – took the single speed up some Malvern ridges that Ive not tried before – blew my lungs out of my arse 🙂

Went out as soon as the front had passed through this afternoon for a favourite timetrial on the pompino. Both me and the bike needed a good hose down afterwards – the roads were deep in mud and cow shit 🙂

fathomer

FoD, was lashing down when we got there but by the top of the first climb it had stopped and the sun even came out by the end. Really enjoyed it, it’s a cracking place, the last down is fantastic.

dutto

Plus one for delamere muddy as fu** but good 😀

bruneep

Scolty, glorious day sun shining trails were dry and got home before the snow/wind/rain/hail/sleet came on.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Yep – I was out on my road bike today. A lovely sunny afternoon here in France, warm in sheltered spots, just nice. Best part was I saw flocks of migrating birds flying North!!! Spring is coming!!!!

stumpyjon

Another one out on the road bike, although Lancashire, not France, flippin windy and cold. Only a few spots of rain though. Started snowing after I got back, at least I didn’t need to clean the bike.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Cold, wet, windy.
    Sat in the pub.
    🙂

rusty90
    Free Member

I had a great ride this morning, until I slipped on some ice in a breaking bump, crashed into a dog and smashed the eggs I was carrying.
    And then I noticed my brake cable has worn away some of the paint on the head tube.
    So I’m jacking it in – it’s snooker for me from now on.

Jamesy
    Free Member

Pmsl@rusty90 🙂

erny
    Free Member

Another on in delamere today,pissed it down all morning but still good fun 😀

mtbtortoise
    Free Member

Great ride this morning; crisp air and icy puddles to crunch through. Mud wasn’t frozen though so some bits were like Ypres. Good to be out after a week of cough and fever.

thered

I was also out in Cannock yesterday, the wind on the ride back to Milford was annoying but not as annoying as the sleet on my ride home and the snow that rolled in when I was cleaning my bike. Feet were freezing for half an hour after my shower.

xcentric
    Free Member

Bishop’s Wood – new area to me – nw of Stafford – muddy, wet, singletrack with brambles across, but fun. got mildly lost when the track was diverted onto the road for half a mile, but not working from memory and no map may have contributed to that. Sandy grinding paste, hail, and whistling wind howling through the bare hedges made it less fun for a bit, but then the sun came out for the final blast down the fc track and singletrack back to the car. Frozen hands from washing the bike at home, but great hot shower, and dozed in front of the recorded rugby afterwards. Good afternoon out.

nick3216
    Free Member

Dry, mud frozen hard. Frosty tyres. Ace.

stinker
    Free Member

Mixture of frozen mud and slop around Holmfirth/Honley way. First time back on the bike for me after 7 weeks off due to injury. Its was tough, but so good to be back on 2 wheels again. 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Quick road ride before getting ready for work today! Did 25 miles on the road bike yesterday which was nice until started pissing it down halfway round.

OCB
    Free Member

Well, I tried to make the best of the weather …

😉

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Well did 25 miles today on the road, lovely day a bit more breeze than i though but nice.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Blast around the Gorlech trail at Brechfa – great!!

paddy0091
    Free Member

On the roads of Nottinghamshire for a few hours, lovely day. Just a shame about nearly getting knocked off three times.

Alex

3 Times! Did you have some kind of target on you? 😉

Malverns just now on the MTB. Somewhere between dry and slop. Fun but requiring concentration and commitment. Absolutely rammed with people. Good job we know lots of trails no one else seems to use. Cross bike yesterday, MTB today – good weekend 🙂

transapp
    Free Member

Around bath for 3hrs. Slippery mud or semi frozen. Quite slow going but great fun in winter sun

Oh, and first snow drops of the year!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Meandered to lunch at a pub in Chelsea. So yes, I was out rising today! 🙂

Jamesy
    Free Member

OCB i hate you 😉 looks glorious 🙂

ontor
    Free Member

Beautiful conditions on Dartmoor. Inch or so of slippery mud which made cornering at speed exciting to say the least.

GlennG
    Free Member

25 miles in the glorious sunshine around Chichester and Goodwood on the ss rigid swift on my own, felt really good to be out with stunning views across Chichester harbour and over to isle of wight and reasonably warm in the sun. Linked up loads of bridal ways that I have never done before and have now got a nice little xc loop together, not fast or techy but good fun, what a quality day 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

22 miles of the north downs. Not a CFH type in sight, lovely. 🙂

paddy0091
    Free Member

@ Alex I know! You’d think I did.

Idiot 1 – driver pulled out from a car park causing me to slam the brakes on and swerve round. Her reaction “Yeaaah, I saw ya-uh” no apology.

Idiot 2 – on a cycle lane that’s part of the road, guy in an Audi skimmed past about 5″ away from me on a ridiculously wide road, obviously he couldn’t be bothered to move out.

Idiot 3 – An old bat who refused to allow me to pull off from a set of lights at the front of a line of traffic, skimming past me while accelerating. I caught her up and asked her to give me just two seconds to pull off. She accused me of swerving out in the road.

Idiot 4 – forgot about this one, Mr Bigman in his BMW speeding past me in a 30mph zone leaving a few inches.

Happily see them all off a cliff.

anc
    Free Member

75 roady miles including whinlatter, newlands and honister. Lovely day in the lakes 😀

forge197
    Free Member

Taur @ CYB today just what I needed lovely ride very relaxed mixed with some nice singletrack

titusrider
    Free Member

lovey weather in wiltshire today

100k on the road bike with a couple of hills thrown in

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Nice day. Went to check out a load of trails around Buckleberry in Berkshire which I’ve never ridden despite living in Reading. Very muddy in parts (obviously) and a lot of 4×4 and motocross damage in others, but still found a lot of nice singletrack that will be great in the spring. Kicking myself for not heading out that way before. But hey, better late than never

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Oh, and tried viewranger for the first time on my iPhone, wrist mounted for navigation. Holy hell it’s good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘who was out riding today ?’ is closed to new replies.