Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Who wakes up through the night?
  • benz
    Free Member

Curious….

I seem to have developed an annoying habit of waking up about 1.5hrs after falling asleep (normally very easily) then wandering to kitchen to gulp some milk and munch a biscuit before heading back to bed.

Normally get an ok amount of sleep just broken.

Any others have similar waking tendancies?

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, but usually because my 3-year-old has decided to axe-kick me in the face again 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

Seriously, though, apparently until recently humans used to have two sleeps a night – the current thing of one long sleep is a product of the industrial revolution.

wwaswas

I wake up all the time.

A small radio under the pillow tuned into Radio 4 with an ear piece keeps me amused and stops me waking my wife up. It has to be speech though – music just wakes me up more. Fortunately they have the world Servcie on throughout the night.

Edric64
    Free Member

Every night im always tired rarely sleep for more than 2 hours at a time

sandwicheater

4 month baby results in a few breaks in my cycle every night but prior to the little un i was asleep until the morning without fail.

Drac

Regularly thanks to working shifts been awake since 4am for example. Whatever you do don’t start doing things especially forming a pattern like nipping for a drink or you’ll wake up out of habit.

Or especially post on facebook or twitter saying you have insomnia again and can’t sleep, put the bloody stimulus keeping you awake down then.

Keva
    Free Member

yup always, at least twice every night. doesn’t bother me in the slightest, actually I quite like lying in the dark waiting for the next freaky dream…

Getting up for something eat would be the last thing I need.

bigblackshed

Yes , a few times a night. Things not helping: shift work, a bit of stress, sciatica, old uncomfortable mattress.

The mattress is going to be replaced in a few weeks.

mrmoofo

I probably wake up 5 -7 times a night. Unbroken sleep is a real rarety TBH …

thepurist

Yep. If you go to bed about the same time each night then the chances are you’ll wake at the same time in the night. You have a natural sleep rhythm that goes through the various stages from light sleep to deep/almost comatose sleep and back, so you’re more likely to wake ad you get back to light sleep. As the night progresses your max depth of sleep also decreases which is why you can wake up a few times in the hours before proper waking. I find that knowing my own sleep pattern means I get less bothered about being awake. The bonus is that if you wake just after REM sleep you’re more likely to remember your dreams, and wonder what the hell is going on in there…

milky1980
    Free Member

Yep, wake up about 2-3 hrs in, but it’s more to do with my noisy annoying neighbour above me than a natural thing for me to do.

11 days until I move 😛

Kryton57

I often wake up after receiving a vision of Gabrielle Union.

That is all.

mdavids
    Free Member

Yep! Every night approx. 4 hours after I nod off due to my weakening bladder. I’m only 37 FFS! Does me head in to be honest and early starts 6 days a week mean I’m perpetually tired.

molgrips
    Free Member

MY ****ING KIDS 👿

Moses

Yes, frequently. Sometimes for no reason, sometimes for a pee.
    Often I lie awake for a couple of hours before drifting off again. It’s annoying but not a problem, as I’m resting and thinking.

johndoh
    Free Member

I find that I wake more and for longer if I don’t have a drink. And I don’t mean ‘pissed drunk’ just if I have a bottle or two of beer I sleep better.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Alcholol has a medium term affect of being a stimulant doesn’t? I never sleep well if I’ve had even 1 glass of wine. I rarely sleep well tbh.

johndoh
    Free Member

That’s my point – I sleep better after a beer!

I sleep even betterer if I am mullered 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

Waking during the night to go for a pee can be a symptom of diabetes or prostate problems. Don’t want to worry you like… But especially if you’re having sweet things..

thejesmonddingo

I usually wake up 2-3 times anight,tend to settle with either Time Team repeats in winter,or baseball in summer.I love them both,but they aint alf soporific.

rewski
    Free Member

My bladder and vibrating thigh muscles spasms from riding, and bloody shagging foxes.

Harry_the_Spider

23:00 bed
    2:00 wee
    4:00 Squirrel runs through our loft (not a euphemism)
    5:00 wee
    5:50 alarm

nealglover
    Free Member

Seriously, though, apparently until recently humans used to have two sleeps a night

I sleep from about 10:30PM to 2:00AM then go to work.
    Then sleep from 12:00PM to 1:30PM and go to work again.

I fall asleep in minutes and never wake up (or even move) till the alarm goes off.

Works for me. I’m often tired, but that’s less to do with the amount/pattern of sleep and more to do with working 75 hours a week.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, I can sometime sleep too much if I don’t wake up at night.

Mini-me and sometimes doing a couple of nights a week with days either side properly messes me up, last night for example I was knackered after a fast 75km road ride, off the back of nights and 5 hours kip but I couldn’t sleep properly 🙁

YoGrant
    Free Member

Rewski, pretty sure that shagging a fox is illegal! Might tire you for a good sleep though!

fontmoss
    Free Member

Actual lol

yunki
    Free Member

Who wakes up through the night?

This wee fella tends to have a hearty whinge around midnight and again at dawn..

Dibbs
    Free Member

I suffer from tinnitus and use one of these under the pillow, set on R4 quiet enough as not to disturb the wife.
    It helps mask the tinnitus noise and lets me get to sleep and back to sleep if I wake.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

The 3 o’clock work related wake up. Never been stressed about work until the last year or so….bloody NHS. 😐

Nipper99
    Free Member

Radio 4 extra is great – all sorts of wierdness through the night.

DaveyJohnston
    Free Member

cutting out alcohol helps me sleep, my 8 month old daughter helps less.

rewski
    Free Member

YoGrant – Member
    Rewski, pretty sure that shagging a fox is illegal! Might tire you for a good sleep though!

POSTED 49 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I didn’t hunt it so perfectly legal in my book.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    23:00 bed
    2:00 wee
    5:00 wee
    5:50 alarm

Prostate problems?

solarpowered
    Free Member

You poor bugger! I don’t have kids ( thank god) and for those that do… Ah hah, tis your own fault you wollies! (Only joking)!!!
    Benz… I’m not sure how old you are but I find I have the same rubbish sleep pattern when I’m worrying about stuff! Never used to have it before he age of 26!
    I’m much older now btw so be reassured…… The sleepless bit wares off!!! 😀

iainc

Generally asleep around 11 and awake 630. Most nights up for a wee at 4 ish, which I think is normal aged 47 ?

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Usually wake up with cramp about half a dozen times a night. End up feeling really tired if I wake up after a full nights sleep.

peterfile
    Free Member

I spent about a year doing CBT after suffering at the hands of insomnia since my yoof.

I was told that sleeping straight through the night isn’t common/normal for most adults and that waking up occasionally is to be expected. Maybe they were just trying to make me feel a bit better though 🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Fortunately my 2 year old sleeps superbly up until about 6:30am.

Unfortunately the 10 month old doesn’t.

Going off to a motorbike rally this weekend, so hopefully I will get more and better sleep than I have had in months whilst in a pool of my own… probably… vomit 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Who wakes up through the night?’ is closed to new replies.